Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Lux
Benitez
hoggyboy
Cazorla
Samuel-x
Rodallega
TorquayFan
Shelvey
Jordan Henderchip
LittleLuis7
Dink
Sean
SamJ123
BigAndy9
GCU
Drake
Roloman4
LFC_Grunners
Uncle John from Jamaica
El_indian
Pippo
Zzonked
ShakerMatty
27 posters

Official Rugby League Thread

ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Official Rugby League Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Official Rugby League Thread

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:27 am

Rugby League will always be better then Rugby Union. FACT
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:37 am

Both England football and England RL beat the world champions of each sport on the same day. Run
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:26 pm

We will still lose in the final.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:23 am

Wales V Australia at 5.30, I'm going to go for 60-4 to Australia Laughing.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:06 am

Wales 8-0 up so far eek
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Supports : Jordi Gomez

Post by Rodallega Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:42 am

Does it matter who wins? if Aus lose, do they still go into the final with England?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:59 am

Well Wales got beat but not as bad as i thought they would least they put up a fight.
    Welcome Rodallega also are you a Wigan Warriors fan? shifty
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Post by Rodallega Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:01 am

Burytilidie wrote:Well Wales got beat but not as bad as i thought they would least they put up a fight.
    Welcome Rodallega also are you a Wigan Warriors fan? shifty

Of course, Tomkins not worthy

Looking forward to the game on saturday.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:15 am

Uh fuck you and Zzonked.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:00 am

I AM A SALFORD FAN I AM A SALFORDIAN I KNOW WHAT I WANT AND I KNOW WHEN TO GET IT I WANNA DESTROY WIGAN AND LEEDS COS I WANNA BE AT SALFORD RUGBY!
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Don't think Wigan will win anything next year tbh.

We'll sign a couple of Welsh players up and finish probably about 4th and have a small chance at getting to the grand final because Tomkins can win games on his own. We've lost too many players and not replaced them well enough (yet). Next year should finally be Warringtons year.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:35 am

A rugby league statue is getting put up outside wembley, here's the longlist of players it might be

Eric Ashton MBE
    The first person to win the Challenge Cup as a captain, coach and chairman, Ashton spent his entire playing career at Wigan, scoring 231 tries and 448 goals in 497 appearances. Three Challenge Cup victories, an Ashes success and a World Cup triumph ensured he cemented his reputation as one of the greatest players in Rugby League history.

Billy Boston MBE
    A prolific try-scorer during his career with Wigan and Blackpool Borough, the Welsh flier lit up Wembley on six occasions, winning three Challenge Cups. A member of the RL Hall of Fame, Boston scored 478 tries in 485 games for Wigan.

Jonathan Davies MBE
    Another signing from Wales RU, Davies made a hugely successful cross-code switch with Widnes and Warrington. Equally at home at stand-off, centre and full-back, from where he scored a stunning try at Wembley in 1994 as Great Britain defeated Australia 8-4.

Shaun Edwards OBE
    Won nine Challenge Cup finals at Wembley with Wigan and also appeared at the stadium with London Broncos in 1999. Edwards was the lynchpin of the Wigan side. Was sent off for a high tackle on Bradley Clyde of Australia at Wembley in 1994.

Don Fox
    A huge talent, Fox remains a heroic figure at both Featherstone and Wakefield Trinity, with whom he won the Lance Todd Trophy as Man of the Match at Wembley in 1968. His place in Cup legend is assured from that final, when he missed the last-kick conversion that would have won the game for Wakefield.

Neil Fox MBE
    The younger brother of Don and Peter, Neil Fox scored a phenomenal 6,220 points during a career that took in six clubs, most notably Wakefield Trinity. A strong, powerful centre, his two tries and seven goals helped Trinity to victory over Hull at Wembley in 1960.

Ellery Hanley MBE
    Regarded by many as the greatest Rugby League player of all time, the three-time Man of Steel often saved his best for Wembley with Wigan and Great Britain. He won four Challenge Cup finals with Wigan, the first against Halifax in 1988 when he scored a sensational try.

Willie Horne
    Born and raised in Barrow, Willie Horne served his home-town club with distinction and captained them to three Challenge Cup finals in the 1950s, including a famous victory against Workington at Wembley in 1955. He represented Great Britain as a tourist in 1946 and 1950 and also captained England and Lancashire during his career.

Alex Murphy OBE
    The scrum-half captained three different clubs at Wembley - St Helens, Leigh and Warrington - and is still held in high esteem by fans of all three clubs. A precocious talent, Murphy was outstanding in a Great Britain jersey, for which he collected 27 caps.

Martin Offiah MBE
    ‘Chariots' is already celebrated at Wembley with a bar named after him in recognition of the wonder try he scored in the 1994 Challenge Cup final against Leeds, when he brought the stadium to its feet on an 80-metre run. He won four Challenge Cup finals with Wigan and represented Great Britain on 33 occasions.

Gus Risman
    Spent 27 seasons involved in the sport, steered his beloved Workington Town to victory in the Championship in 1951 and to a famous Challenge Cup victory at Wembley in 1952, becoming the oldest ever Cup winner at the age of 41. During a career with Salford, Workington and Batley, he established career records which place him second in terms of all-time appearances with 873, third in terms of points scored with 4,052 and fifth in terms of goal kicked with 1,678.

Clive Sullivan MBE
    The flying Welsh winger remains a legendary figure in Hull, where he scored 250 tries for Hull and 118 for Hull KR. He captained Great Britain in the 1972 World Cup final and was on the wing for Hull KR in the Hull derby at Wembley in 1980.

Lance Todd
    The New Zealander was a member of Wigan's first Challenge Cup winning team in 1911 and later went on to be a hugely successful manager at Salford. The man of the match award in the Challenge Cup final, the Lance Todd Trophy, commemorates his contribution to the sport.

6/13 played for Wigan. Laughing

My vote goes for Ellery Hanley.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:20 am

Lance Todd. not worthy
    Gus Risman. not worthy

I personally would go for Billy Boston, Shaun Edwards or Gus Risman
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:49 am

Parrish has resigned Neutral we are well and truly in the shit.
    Ah the joys of being a Salford fan...
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 am

We love you Salford we do cannot be sung at a time like this...
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Post by Rodallega Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:06 am

Zzonked wrote:A rugby league statue is getting put up outside wembley, here's the longlist of players it might be

Eric Ashton MBE
    The first person to win the Challenge Cup as a captain, coach and chairman, Ashton spent his entire playing career at Wigan, scoring 231 tries and 448 goals in 497 appearances. Three Challenge Cup victories, an Ashes success and a World Cup triumph ensured he cemented his reputation as one of the greatest players in Rugby League history.

Billy Boston MBE
    A prolific try-scorer during his career with Wigan and Blackpool Borough, the Welsh flier lit up Wembley on six occasions, winning three Challenge Cups. A member of the RL Hall of Fame, Boston scored 478 tries in 485 games for Wigan.

Jonathan Davies MBE
    Another signing from Wales RU, Davies made a hugely successful cross-code switch with Widnes and Warrington. Equally at home at stand-off, centre and full-back, from where he scored a stunning try at Wembley in 1994 as Great Britain defeated Australia 8-4.

Shaun Edwards OBE
    Won nine Challenge Cup finals at Wembley with Wigan and also appeared at the stadium with London Broncos in 1999. Edwards was the lynchpin of the Wigan side. Was sent off for a high tackle on Bradley Clyde of Australia at Wembley in 1994.

Don Fox
    A huge talent, Fox remains a heroic figure at both Featherstone and Wakefield Trinity, with whom he won the Lance Todd Trophy as Man of the Match at Wembley in 1968. His place in Cup legend is assured from that final, when he missed the last-kick conversion that would have won the game for Wakefield.

Neil Fox MBE
    The younger brother of Don and Peter, Neil Fox scored a phenomenal 6,220 points during a career that took in six clubs, most notably Wakefield Trinity. A strong, powerful centre, his two tries and seven goals helped Trinity to victory over Hull at Wembley in 1960.

Ellery Hanley MBE
    Regarded by many as the greatest Rugby League player of all time, the three-time Man of Steel often saved his best for Wembley with Wigan and Great Britain. He won four Challenge Cup finals with Wigan, the first against Halifax in 1988 when he scored a sensational try.

Willie Horne
    Born and raised in Barrow, Willie Horne served his home-town club with distinction and captained them to three Challenge Cup finals in the 1950s, including a famous victory against Workington at Wembley in 1955. He represented Great Britain as a tourist in 1946 and 1950 and also captained England and Lancashire during his career.

Alex Murphy OBE
    The scrum-half captained three different clubs at Wembley - St Helens, Leigh and Warrington - and is still held in high esteem by fans of all three clubs. A precocious talent, Murphy was outstanding in a Great Britain jersey, for which he collected 27 caps.

Martin Offiah MBE
    ‘Chariots' is already celebrated at Wembley with a bar named after him in recognition of the wonder try he scored in the 1994 Challenge Cup final against Leeds, when he brought the stadium to its feet on an 80-metre run. He won four Challenge Cup finals with Wigan and represented Great Britain on 33 occasions.

Gus Risman
    Spent 27 seasons involved in the sport, steered his beloved Workington Town to victory in the Championship in 1951 and to a famous Challenge Cup victory at Wembley in 1952, becoming the oldest ever Cup winner at the age of 41. During a career with Salford, Workington and Batley, he established career records which place him second in terms of all-time appearances with 873, third in terms of points scored with 4,052 and fifth in terms of goal kicked with 1,678.

Clive Sullivan MBE
    The flying Welsh winger remains a legendary figure in Hull, where he scored 250 tries for Hull and 118 for Hull KR. He captained Great Britain in the 1972 World Cup final and was on the wing for Hull KR in the Hull derby at Wembley in 1980.

Lance Todd
    The New Zealander was a member of Wigan's first Challenge Cup winning team in 1911 and later went on to be a hugely successful manager at Salford. The man of the match award in the Challenge Cup final, the Lance Todd Trophy, commemorates his contribution to the sport.

6/13 played for Wigan. Laughing

My vote goes for Ellery Hanley.

I'd say Ellery Hanley too, its a shame Flash Flanagan hasn't been considered.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:08 am

Actually i would give it Lance Todd seen as thats the trophy they give out for the best player already in the challenge cup final.
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Supports : Chelsea Football Club

Post by Samuel-x Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:17 am

What's everyone's preferred rugby league positions? Personally, I play as a fullback.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:56 am

Do you support anyone? When i used to play i played as a hooker or scrum half.
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Post by Rodallega Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:03 am

Scrum-half
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:04 am

I am actually going to be getting back in to rugby in February for a team near mine who will be playing in the summer Razz.
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Supports : Chelsea Football Club

Post by Samuel-x Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:23 am

Burytilidie wrote:Do you support anyone? When i used to play i played as a hooker or scrum half.

Not really, I don't follow it in that much depth compared to other sports. I play rugby quite a lot though.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Burytilidie wrote:Actually i would give it Lance Todd seen as thats the trophy they give out for the best player already in the challenge cup final.

He's already got that, might as well honour someone else.

Why did Parish leave?

Also as expected Wigan have signed some (probably) shitty Welsh players, wont win anything next year, oh well. I'll still get a season ticket. Laughing

Also our away kit looks terrible.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Oh yeah, when I played I played second row, but that was union.

Don't play anymore.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:33 am

Parrish was too controversial for our board he said things they didn't want to here and they just want a coach who will agree with their every word i think he had enough as he knew he couldn't move forward with the board not giving him any backing.
    Fuck the board some of the stories coming out of the Manchester Evening News today are frankly embarrasing and proves what a poor club we really are.

Sums it up in a comedy style.
    http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=1190
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Post by Rodallega Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Cant wait for tomorrow's game, gonna be a great atmosphere in Leeds
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:55 am

6-8 at half time.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:27 am

30-8 it ends....
    Rodallega
    Rodallega

Post by Rodallega Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 am

Darren Lockyer not worthy
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:56 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15810900.stm

Neutral

Fuck off Union, leave him alone!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 1:31 am