Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Lux
Benitez
hoggyboy
Cazorla
Samuel-x
Rodallega
TorquayFan
Shelvey
Jordan Henderchip
LittleLuis7
Dink
Sean
SamJ123
BigAndy9
GCU
Drake
Roloman4
LFC_Grunners
Uncle John from Jamaica
El_indian
Pippo
Zzonked
ShakerMatty
27 posters

Official Rugby League Thread

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Official Rugby League Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Official Rugby League Thread

Post by Zzonked Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:20 am

Chris Ashton was actually pretty good for us, think he and Trent Barrett were pretty close together for our leading try scorer. It makes me quite sad that he left, but not as sad as when Andy Farrell left. God I hate Union. Mad
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:29 am

Yeah he was quality for yous but you have developed more players since he left so its not that bad anyway and god Trent Barrett these players seem so long ago. Sad
    I will always remember this with Andy Farrell.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 pm

So guys who is going to win the challenge cup and super league?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:07 am

Have a good time at Wembley Zzonked hopefully i can see my team there one day. Dry Smile I am rooting for Wigan as you are a Lancashire side and tbf Leeds piss me off a hell of a lot.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:45 am

Fuck Off Wigan. shifty
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:24 am

That was a great day. Cool

Some guy a couple of rows in front of me was a Leeds fan and started turning around and giving abuse when they scored, looked sad at the end though. Official Rugby League Thread - Page 10 3925848005
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:38 am

Was there any trouble this year? As there was last year and congrats although when Maguire leaves i think it will get tough for you.
    Dink
    Dink

Post by Dink Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:25 am

Don't really watch Rugby but a guy who went to my High School, few years older than me; was playing for Wigan, Josh Charnley. Was weird seeing him (never knew he actually started).
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:01 am

He's quality, he dislocated his finger today so the bone was showing basically and then scored a try straight after they fixed it up. Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:02 pm

There was no trouble really, Leeds didn't have that many fans there tbh and by the time we left it was just Wigan fans really. Hopefully our assistant coach gets the full time job, because I reckon he's been learning from Maguire. He managed us for a couple of games last season on was when we smashed Wakefield.

What school was that? Charnley's good, but really needs to sort out his defense because he's a bit of a liability there.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:06 pm

I have heard we have signed Michael Jennings, it was funny when i was in Australia as i went to a Wests V Penrith game and he had to give 40 thousand dollars worth of free tickets to the Penrith fans Laughing as he had turned up for training drunk and he has had a drink problem for a while but if he gets that out of his system he is a class player as he was close to making it in to the Australia side before all the alcohol problems started.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Zzonked wrote:There was no trouble really, Leeds didn't have that many fans there tbh and by the time we left it was just Wigan fans really. Hopefully our assistant coach gets the full time job, because I reckon he's been learning from Maguire. He managed us for a couple of games last season on was when we smashed Wakefield.

What school was that? Charnley's good, but really needs to sort out his defense because he's a bit of a liability there.
    Wonder why Leeds didn't have that many fans. think
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Sometimes signing players with troubles works, Brian Clough did it and then tried to fix the problems.

Maybe because Leeds were in the final last year and got destroyed by Warrington. Going in as underdogs might have put them off as they've already suffered once recently.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:36 am

Holdsworth had a drink problem before he came to us and he has done fine so i believe Parrish can turn him round and maybe but Leeds United were not at home so i am surprised there wasn't loads of them.
    Super league playoffs soon i will be watching that instead of the shit rugby union Wink.
    Dink
    Dink

Post by Dink Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:46 am

Zzonked wrote:There was no trouble really, Leeds didn't have that many fans there tbh and by the time we left it was just Wigan fans really. Hopefully our assistant coach gets the full time job, because I reckon he's been learning from Maguire. He managed us for a couple of games last season on was when we smashed Wakefield.

Holy Cross.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:47 am

Official Rugby League Thread - Page 10 633
    Ban?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:16 pm

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=506769&sid=e6bd6aeb9ff67db2dac82ac59e0f6399
    What a twat Neutral.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:29 am

KR won. Castleford are about to lose to FC. That means both Hull teams are in the playoffs?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:20 am

So an all or nothing game next week when Kr face Castleford! And it looks like Wire will achieve top spot.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:24 am

They probably will get top, but hopefully Hull dick them. Laughing

I don't really mind losing too much today. Rugby league seems to be all swings and roundabouts. I notice there's times when we'll beat teams but then they usually up their game next time. Hopefully that's what will happen if we meet them in the playoffs, but we certainly can't turn up less.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 am

Yeah rugby league is unpredictable at times as i wouldn't have expected KR to go to Catalans and win.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:27 am

Going to have to change my signature soon, last game at The Willows on Sunday. Crying or Very sad
    Official Rugby League Thread - Page 10 Willows-wa_banner300

Also here is our new stadium. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 am

Why is there 27 games?

14 teams, shouldn't that be 13 games home, 13 away = 26? Suspect
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Theres the Magic Weekend as well.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Yeah, magic weekend. It's shit really, because it means we always get an extra game against Saints while Warrington get like Huddersfield who are easier (that said they lost to them).
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:19 am

New signature. Cry
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:08 am

Top 8= Done.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Hopefully we can send off the old girl with a win today! Come on you redssssssssssssssssssss
    Oh and apparently we will sell out today. eek
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:46 pm

They knocking the Willows down?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:39 am

Think its going to be knocked down for apartments.
    10,169 there today and yet again we are disappointed by a shit performance, The Willows deserved better for its last game Sad.
    Was funny at the end 5 lads went on the roof of the entrance to the pitch ( Forgot the name of it) And everyone asked them to get down but they wouldn't then John Wilky asked them and they went down straight away. Laughing A man with a trombone randomly went on the pitch as well and then he broke it rofl. Only in Salford would you get it tbh anyway onwards and upwards!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:08 pm