Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Jorlung
Gegilworld93
The Dane
Coatsy
The Bat-Man
Pippo
Milano
menalawyerguy
Bye_Ya
Childish Logic
Theo Filippo
VivaRonaldoLAD
MickStupp
ResurrectionRooney
Mal
Jamie
blackskar
The Zlatan
El_indian
El Jefe
Zzonked
Jayx1012
masutora
Sean
dena
Cadbury
mac
Roloman4
SBSP
Barton
Jord
Ben
Cornholio
Bushido
TheRangersFan
Lux
40 posters

The Atheist Thread

Sean

The Atheist Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Atheist Thread

Post by Sean Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 pm

I believe in God, but I don't neccessairly believe in everything in the Bible

I don't care about miracles and parables and what is deemed sinful, I believe if I live a good life I will be rewarded for it and that's how I try and live.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:39 pm

JMB_94 wrote:I don't believe in god because of pure and simple logic, nothing at all adds up or makes sense in Christianity. There is literally a 99.999999999999% chance in there actually being some sort of god.

Christianity isn't the only monotheistic religion. I think you meant to say there is a 99.99% chance that God doesn't exist. If so, there is nothing purely logical about that. Neutral If there is a 0.00000001% chance of something existing, then you can't say you don't believe in it because the chances are small. If you buy a lottery ticket, you are buying it because you believe it could be a winning ticket.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:That's a pretty sick thing to say to justify your belief in God. Whether you believe that or not, it's pretty disrespectful to say it to him.
    Almost every religion has a person of high power and riches, who live the life of luxury, like the Pope etc. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I'm not being disrespectful to him at all. I didn't say that he shouldn't feel sad about his family member's death. I've experienced the same thing as he has. Except, it was my own sister that died at age 1. There is nothing wrong with mourning the death of a loved one. I was simply explaining to him the concept of "everything happens for a reason". Do I feel sad about losing a sibling so young? Yes. Do I think to myself that God is cruel for allowing such a thing? No.

About your last comment, not every religion has high power and rich leaders (some don't have religious leaders at all).

Dan wrote:No offence, but none of that washes with me. With Christianity, people are always given chances to prove themselves, to make right from wrong. That child never got the chance to do anything, let alone make the wrong decisions in life. And to me, regardless of what age they are, I can think of nothing worse, more painful than having to bury your own child. I was at the funeral, I saw my Uncle, my Aunt, my cousins completely and utterly unconsolable. They aren't the same, they never will be. A part of them is missing - the member of their family that never got the chance to join them. I will never be the same, I can't even think about that day without having to force back the tears. It's something I wouldn't wish on anybody - and how a God can allow that to happen proves to me that there is no all-loving being watching over us.

And, the example of you missing a plane is completely different to giving birth to a stillborn child. It's your fault you missed the plane, you are in control of your life. You have no control over the life of that child while it's in the womb, and to me, if there is a God - then every child would have a chance of life. In the eyes of Christians, all life is precious, all children are innocent - so there is no good reason at all, in my opinion, for that child to be denied a chance of life. And for a 'God' to allow that makes me believe there is nothing there at all.

It's my opinion, it's why I'm an atheist. And no offence, but there is nothing you can say that will change my mind.

Other than God being all-loving, he is also all-knowing. He knows what happened, what is happening, and what is going to happen. A person cannot know what will happen with certainty. So in your opinion, it might not makes sense for someone so young and innocent to die. But because you are limited in your perceptions and knowledge, you can't make a full judgement on a matter of such magnitude.

Like I said earlier, I had a sister die at age 1. I know your pain and there is nothing wrong with experiencing that pain. Besides the fact that everything happens for a reason, things happen as a test. It's a form of a test by God to see how you react towards a big event like losing a loved one. Now I'm not saying that God let your family member die simply to test you and your family's reactions. There are reasons for that much greater, but the testing is an aspect of it.

dena wrote:Splitting the moon? Never heard of that one, would also cause massive problems with the Earth's tidal err... structure (can't find the right word) would it not? And the splitting of the Red Sea is in the Bible, which I do not believe.

If I recall correctly, Prophet Muhammed split the moon in half and rejoined them as a miracle for people to see. Splitting the moon in half would cause problems in Earth if it was natural. But we are talking about miracles. Science doesn't apply to miracles.

Luxz0rz wrote:Miracles? Unproven. Proof? No proof.......

I can write in a book that some sheep jumped off a mountain and then through a miracle grew magic wings and survived but that doesn't mean there is a God Laughing

Cool. I never said that you or anyone alive today should believe in God because of miracles that happened thousands of years ago. Only people who saw these miracles first hand are accountable for believing. God doesn't expect me, you, or anyone alive today to believe in him because Moses parted the Red Sea. He sent miracles to every tribe/people so that they can believe. There hasn't been a prophet in 4000+ years, so you might be wondering how people these days are expected to believe. That's why there is a miracle that has lasted 4000 years and will continue to last. It's called the Quran. The book itself is a miracle. Why? It's impossible for an illiterate and uneducated man (Muhammed) or even an educated one to have come up with the detailed and sophisticated words found in this book 4000+ years ago. The literary intelligence, the scientific miracles, the numerology, etc. So there is your present day miracle, it's around you everyday.

Luxz0rz wrote:Everything is the point with that? Why would you believe in something for no reason?

Atheists care if there is proof or not......I can guarantee you everyone cares about it....who wouldn't want to live an afterlife in paradise? The point isn't about wanting it or not.....the point is about whether it's real or not. There's no proof to show that this.

But as I said, there is proof. It's whether you accept it or not. My point earlier is that when I present people with these proofs, they always try to deny it with any excuse possible. Even people in the past that saw miracles by prophets first hand didn't believe. That's even more stunning than the proofs I have for you. So I have a question for you. I'm telling you that I have the proof of God's existence and I can share it with you. But before I do, what's going through your mind right now? I bet my life savings that you are already saying in your mind that those aren't proofs and there is an explanation before you even hear what I have to say. Am I right? Because you are conditioning yourself and have a selective bias. You will gladly accept any "proof" that God doesn't exist but deny any proof of otherwise.

Luxz0rz wrote:TBH I think it's more about religious people being gullible, having false hope and being scared of death. Obviously it's a lot easier to make yourself believe that when you die and your body rots you'll actually be up in Heaven with your hookers eating ice cream.

Scared of death? If I'm not mistaken, religious people actually yearn for death. If I believe that there is a glorious afterlife in paradise and I'm doing the right things to go there, why would I want to stay in this cruel earthly world? Why do you think people commit suicide bombings? Because in their minds they think what they are doing is going to send them to paradise so they don't care about this life. Obviously what they are doing is not going to take them to paradise, but the point stands.

And another one bites the dust. First, there is a difference between hookers and virgins. It doesn't matter what you call it really because there is nothing in the Quran that says people who go to paradise will get 72 virgins or whatever number people pull out of their ass. If you actually read the Quran, you will see that paradise is portrayed as a lush garden with pooling water and trees with rare fruit. There is no mention of 72 virgins. It's one of the many misconceptions and myths among both non-Muslims and deluded Muslims alike.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Sean CFC wrote:I believe in God, but I don't neccessairly believe in everything in the Bible

I don't care about miracles and parables and what is deemed sinful, I believe if I live a good life I will be rewarded for it and that's how I try and live.

I don't think you are alone. Religious people in Christianity themselves admit that the Bible has been changed over time. There are quite some things that don't make sense in the Bible. I personally believe in some things in the Bible.

Like I said about miracles earlier, those miracles shouldn't have an affect on us (people these days). We didn't get to see these miracles, so why should we take it as proof of God's existence. I can't speak for other religions, but according to Islam and your post, you have a chance of entering paradise.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:46 pm

I'll just concede that I'm not religious and don't believe in religious things, like miracles and the lot. And you do. shifty
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:36 am

ahlycotc wrote:Cool. I never said that you or anyone alive today should believe in God because of miracles that happened thousands of years ago. Only people who saw these miracles first hand are accountable for believing. God doesn't expect me, you, or anyone alive today to believe in him because Moses parted the Red Sea. He sent miracles to every tribe/people so that they can believe. There hasn't been a prophet in 4000+ years, so you might be wondering how people these days are expected to believe. That's why there is a miracle that has lasted 4000 years and will continue to last. It's called the Quran. The book itself is a miracle. Why? It's impossible for an illiterate and uneducated man (Muhammed) or even an educated one to have come up with the detailed and sophisticated words found in this book 4000+ years ago. The literary intelligence, the scientific miracles, the numerology, etc. So there is your present day miracle, it's around you everyday.

The Quran isn't a miracle. Obviously someone has written the book otherwise it wouldn't exist. There's no reason why someone couldn't write up that book..Muhammed never necessarily wrote the book.....Muhammed was not necessarily uneducated....or maybe the book was altered over time....in fact if you claim this book is 4000 years old then it definitely has been. People saw miracles? Prove it? There is no proof of any of these miracles....only people trying to find proof out of unrelated things.......tbh is there even proof of Muhammed at all? Also what's with this 4000 years thing? I thought Muslim's consider Jesus a prophet yet he's from around 2000 years ago....I thought Muhammed is from around 1300 years ago?

Scientific miracles happen all the time. Most things are discovered by accident....I don't see why scientific discoveries prove there is a God....it just proves that human's are advancing and intelligent.

There's no proof to your claims. You say the Quran is proof of God.......well what is the proof of the Quran? I don't think I'm asking unreasonable questions here...you can't prove your claims. Saying "The Quran is 4000+ years old and it hasn't been altered" doesn't prove that....that's just what you believe.

ahlycotc wrote:But as I said, there is proof. It's whether you accept it or not. My point earlier is that when I present people with these proofs, they always try to deny it with any excuse possible. Even people in the past that saw miracles by prophets first hand didn't believe. That's even more stunning than the proofs I have for you. So I have a question for you. I'm telling you that I have the proof of God's existence and I can share it with you. But before I do, what's going through your mind right now? I bet my life savings that you are already saying in your mind that those aren't proofs and there is an explanation before you even hear what I have to say. Am I right? Because you are conditioning yourself and have a selective bias. You will gladly accept any "proof" that God doesn't exist but deny any proof of otherwise.

There is no proof.....and when I mean proof I mean undeniable proof. The onus isn't on me to believe them without proof...it's on you to prove it because you don't come up with stories and say it's true without any proof. The reason people deny these "proofs" is because they aren't undeniable proof.....most of the time it's not even near it's just circumstantial....guess work....made up.....false etc.

If you have proof of God's existence then show it. I don't believe until it can be proven, and whatever proof you think you have cannot possibly be good enough to prove anything. If that were the case you wouldn't be on here trying to prove it to me....you'd be proving to the world. That is why I won't believe you....not because I'm set out to not believe in God.

ahlycotc wrote:
    Scared of death? If I'm not mistaken, religious people actually yearn for death. If I believe that there is a glorious afterlife in paradise and I'm doing the right things to go there, why would I want to stay in this cruel earthly world? Why do you think people commit suicide bombings? Because in their minds they think what they are doing is going to send them to paradise so they don't care about this life. Obviously what they are doing is not going to take them to paradise, but the point stands.

You are scared of the true death. Let's say Heaven doesn't exist (which based on everything in history that's happened until today points to)...you're average person doesn't want to die and be nothingness forever do they? The thought of it is unthinkable...and that ignorance to what lies ahead after death is what leads people with imaginations to hope for the best possible thing to happen after death. Who wouldn't want to go to Heaven after death? The point is that I'm not going to let my hopes and imagination brainwash me into believing that it exists simply because I want it to.

If you believe in Heaven then you wouldn't mind dying I guess....though I'm sure most religious people still want to live out their human lives because deep inside most people they are not sure of Heaven...and will miss their family, friends etc.

ahlycotc wrote:
    And another one bites the dust. First, there is a difference between hookers and virgins. It doesn't matter what you call it really because there is nothing in the Quran that says people who go to paradise will get 72 virgins or whatever number people pull out of their ass. If you actually read the Quran, you will see that paradise is portrayed as a lush garden with pooling water and trees with rare fruit. There is no mention of 72 virgins. It's one of the many misconceptions and myths among both non-Muslims and deluded Muslims alike.

A lush garden full of pooling water, trees...rare fruit etc is believable? Just an uneducated thought but Islam is younger than Christianity/Judaism......they're all related but it seems like a carbon copy of Eden (I.E. it's like when you're looking at research for homework and when you try and write about it it's hard to make it your own work rather than just copying the research.). God isn't supposed to be human and yet the picture of Heaven is the paradise that humans want......why is that? Virgins or not is irrelevant really...Heaven is unproven.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:50 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:TBH I think it's more about religious people being gullible, having false hope and being scared of death. Obviously it's a lot easier to make yourself believe that when you die and your body rots you'll actually be up in Heaven with your hookers eating ice cream.
    The ignorance there is overwhelming. Neutral

What are on about when you say 'ignorance'? I agree with what he said, i find it childish to believe that when you die you go to a magical fairyland where all your wishes come ture, it seriously defies all sense of logic.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:51 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    The ignorance there is overwhelming. Neutral

Yes because obviously I wasn't being sarcastic and mocking the idea of paradise facepalm

Once again......Mr Innocent with the naivety.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:12 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Dan wrote:No offence, but none of that washes with me. With Christianity, people are always given chances to prove themselves, to make right from wrong. That child never got the chance to do anything, let alone make the wrong decisions in life. And to me, regardless of what age they are, I can think of nothing worse, more painful than having to bury your own child. I was at the funeral, I saw my Uncle, my Aunt, my cousins completely and utterly unconsolable. They aren't the same, they never will be. A part of them is missing - the member of their family that never got the chance to join them. I will never be the same, I can't even think about that day without having to force back the tears. It's something I wouldn't wish on anybody - and how a God can allow that to happen proves to me that there is no all-loving being watching over us.

And, the example of you missing a plane is completely different to giving birth to a stillborn child. It's your fault you missed the plane, you are in control of your life. You have no control over the life of that child while it's in the womb, and to me, if there is a God - then every child would have a chance of life. In the eyes of Christians, all life is precious, all children are innocent - so there is no good reason at all, in my opinion, for that child to be denied a chance of life. And for a 'God' to allow that makes me believe there is nothing there at all.

It's my opinion, it's why I'm an atheist. And no offence, but there is nothing you can say that will change my mind.

Other than God being all-loving, he is also all-knowing. He knows what happened, what is happening, and what is going to happen. A person cannot know what will happen with certainty. So in your opinion, it might not makes sense for someone so young and innocent to die. But because you are limited in your perceptions and knowledge, you can't make a full judgement on a matter of such magnitude.

Like I said earlier, I had a sister die at age 1. I know your pain and there is nothing wrong with experiencing that pain. Besides the fact that everything happens for a reason, things happen as a test. It's a form of a test by God to see how you react towards a big event like losing a loved one. Now I'm not saying that God let your family member die simply to test you and your family's reactions. There are reasons for that much greater, but the testing is an aspect of it.

See, that's why you're religious and I'm not. I can see no good reason in denying that child, and your sister the chance of life. Regardless of whether she could have turned 'evil', made the wrong choices, doesn't religion teach you to forgive? To give others second chances to prove themselves? Neither my cousin, or your sister got a single chance to show themselves to the world, they didn't even get a chance to choose which path to take in life.

Saying 'God knows the future' doesn't add up with me. So, God knows that they would turn bad in the future, so he thinks it would be better off just to kill them off early, rather than them making the wrong decisions? I thought all life was precious? That everyone should get a chance?

It's a contradiction in my eyes, and that's why I have no religious beliefs at all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:47 am

God existing makes zero sense to me. I find it a ridiculous concept for this day and age and wish for in the future for the world to be vast majority Atheist. Then maybe we will be able to get move forward as a species.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:39 am

Luxz0rz wrote:The Quran isn't a miracle. Obviously someone has written the book otherwise it wouldn't exist. There's no reason why someone couldn't write up that book..Muhammed never necessarily wrote the book.....Muhammed was not necessarily uneducated....or maybe the book was altered over time....in fact if you claim this book is 4000 years old then it definitely has been. People saw miracles? Prove it? There is no proof of any of these miracles....only people trying to find proof out of unrelated things.......tbh is there even proof of Muhammed at all? Also what's with this 4000 years thing? I thought Muslim's consider Jesus a prophet yet he's from around 2000 years ago....I thought Muhammed is from around 1300 years ago?

Scientific miracles happen all the time. Most things are discovered by accident....I don't see why scientific discoveries prove there is a God....it just proves that human's are advancing and intelligent.

There's no proof to your claims. You say the Quran is proof of God.......well what is the proof of the Quran? I don't think I'm asking unreasonable questions here...you can't prove your claims. Saying "The Quran is 4000+ years old and it hasn't been altered" doesn't prove that....that's just what you believe.

If you read the Quran you will see the proof. As I said already, no man could have written the Quran. I don't mean it in a literal way because obviously people actually wrote down the words. But the words themselves were created/formed by God through the Prophet. The Quran has not been altered at all. As I've said before, you can't alter the Quran. Unlike other holy books, millions of people memorize the Quran letter for letter. Not to mention there are original texts still intact today. Another clue to alteration is it would mess up the numerology of the Quran. It's not a matter of whether I believe it hasn't been altered or not. It's a fact and any alterations would be easily caught. In fact, I remember hearing in the news last year that copies of the Quran were missing verses and some alterations were made in some African country. It was all over the news in Egypt the next day.

If you want to believe the scientific miracles in the Quran are just chance, fine. But it seems like one hell of a chance to get dozens of scientific miracles and historical miracles correct that would not have been possible with technology and science at that time.

And yes, I meant to say 1400 years ago. My bad.

Luxz0rz wrote:There is no proof.....and when I mean proof I mean undeniable proof. The onus isn't on me to believe them without proof...it's on you to prove it because you don't come up with stories and say it's true without any proof. The reason people deny these "proofs" is because they aren't undeniable proof.....most of the time it's not even near it's just circumstantial....guess work....made up.....false etc.

If you have proof of God's existence then show it. I don't believe until it can be proven, and whatever proof you think you have cannot possibly be good enough to prove anything. If that were the case you wouldn't be on here trying to prove it to me....you'd be proving to the world. That is why I won't believe you....not because I'm set out to not believe in God.

Read away: http://miraclesofthequran.com/index2.php

Luxz0rz wrote:You are scared of the true death. Let's say Heaven doesn't exist (which based on everything in history that's happened until today points to)...you're average person doesn't want to die and be nothingness forever do they? The thought of it is unthinkable...and that ignorance to what lies ahead after death is what leads people with imaginations to hope for the best possible thing to happen after death. Who wouldn't want to go to Heaven after death? The point is that I'm not going to let my hopes and imagination brainwash me into believing that it exists simply because I want it to.

If you believe in Heaven then you wouldn't mind dying I guess....though I'm sure most religious people still want to live out their human lives because deep inside most people they are not sure of Heaven...and will miss their family, friends etc.

How does history prove there is no heaven? Laughing If you really believe in your religion then you would know there is a heaven and wouldn't have an uncertainty. So there would be no need to fear death. It's going to happen one day, why fear something that's going to happen no matter what? Instead people should be taking this little time we have on Earth to make use of their lives here.

Luxz0rz wrote:A lush garden full of pooling water, trees...rare fruit etc is believable? Just an uneducated thought but Islam is younger than Christianity/Judaism......they're all related but it seems like a carbon copy of Eden (I.E. it's like when you're looking at research for homework and when you try and write about it it's hard to make it your own work rather than just copying the research.). God isn't supposed to be human and yet the picture of Heaven is the paradise that humans want......why is that? Virgins or not is irrelevant really...Heaven is unproven.

Of course Islam, Judaism, and Christianity seem the same. I doubt anyone denies that and it's no secret to Muslims that we are based on the same thing. They are all just phases of the same sole message. Back then Judaism was the only accepted religion in God's eye. Then came Christianity. Finally, Islam is the finalized form of that message. Some laws/rules were dropped from the previous religion and others were added. Even within Islam, rules were phased out. Take for example slavery and alcohol. God didn't command Muslims to stop drinking alcohol and abolish slavery outright. It was a slow and phased out process. Even fasting wasn't mandatory at the beginning. The reason why rules were phased out was to make it easier on people and not discourage them. Imagine if slavery and alcohol were abolished outright. Very little will convert because their economy is based on slavery for example. This applies to present day as well. If someone coverts to Islam, he isn't expected to follow everything at once. He or she can phase it out until they follow everything.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:52 am

Some of those miracles in the site I posted are very, very far fetched like the atom numbers in elements found in the Quran. Laughing But the dozen I was referring to are pretty legitimate.
    masutora
    masutora

Supports : Yes

Post by masutora Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:53 pm

I've had far too many coincidences in my life for there not to be a God doing it for laughs.

ahlycotc, you get old fast.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:44 pm

masutora wrote:I've had far too many coincidences in my life for there not to be a God doing it for laughs.

ahlycotc, you get old fast.

What do you mean I get old fast?
    masutora
    masutora

Post by masutora Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:51 pm

You seem like you're all-knowing, have worldly understanding and that you've lived for 3 million years, etc. I wonder what you get out of that, especially on a forum like this.

Ps. Update the clubs' threads directories on EA if you get the chance.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 pm

masutora wrote:You seem like you're all-knowing, have worldly understanding and that you've lived for 3 million years, etc. I wonder what you get out of that, especially on a forum like this.

Ps. Update the clubs' threads directories on EA if you get the chance.

I never claimed I was all-knowing nor do I try to act like I am. Just because I believe in something and will stand by it, doesn't mean I'm arrogant.
    masutora
    masutora

Post by masutora Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Not arrogant. Your religious beliefs have nothing to do with it, either. You don't claim to be, but most of your posts are worded and full of content/stats that you dig up in a way that makes you look like you want to be recognized as a know-it-all or some kind of vast knowledge tank. I don't have an issue with you but over the brief time I spend on this forum, it gets old. That's all I meant.

Anyway, seriously about that that clubs thread on the EA forum.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:20 pm

masutora wrote:Not arrogant. Your religious beliefs have nothing to do with it, either. You don't claim to be, but most of your posts are worded and full of content/stats that you dig up in a way that makes you look like you want to be recognized as a know-it-all or some kind of vast knowledge tank. I don't have an issue with you but over the brief time I spend on this forum, it gets old. That's all I meant.

Anyway, seriously about that that clubs thread on the EA forum.

So I use statistics and things to back up my points? Well I'm sorry if that bothers you, but I don't see the problem with that. In fact, this forum would be much better if everyone did that.

I'll change it later. I hate going on that site. Laughing
    masutora
    masutora

Post by masutora Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Nah, more like you dig up every little stat or piece of information (which can be interpreted more than one way) even on the most useless things in order to look smarter or more right to yourself. Anyway, enough on that, I already said I don't have an issue with it but it gets tedious (like watching Spain at this year's world cup, for example).
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:59 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Some of those miracles in the site I posted are very, very far fetched like the atom numbers in elements found in the Quran. Laughing But the dozen I was referring to are pretty legitimate.

I couldn't be bothered to reply to the post because practically all the "miracles" I read are just coincidences. If you dig hard enough you'll find the answers you want to anything......stuff like atom numbers, Earth size etc weren't mentioned in the Quran at all it's just nerd scholars trying to find a meaning to everything. E.G. this story I wrote had 2012 words in it.....so that OBVIOUSLY means that the world will end in 2012. The Quran is a massive book so it's really not surprising that there's enough stuff in there to make farfetch'd "miracles" out of.

I also never said we've proven Heaven doesn't exist...the point was that it's not been proven at all. If we go by "exists until proven not" for everything then you might as well live your life on LSD.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:Some of those miracles in the site I posted are very, very far fetched like the atom numbers in elements found in the Quran. Laughing But the dozen I was referring to are pretty legitimate.

I couldn't be bothered to reply to the post because practically all the "miracles" I read are just coincidences. If you dig hard enough you'll find the answers you want to anything......stuff like atom numbers, Earth size etc weren't mentioned in the Quran at all it's just nerd scholars trying to find a meaning to everything. E.G. this story I wrote had 2012 words in it.....so that OBVIOUSLY means that the world will end in 2012. The Quran is a massive book so it's really not surprising that there's enough stuff in there to make farfetch'd "miracles" out of.

Yeah those stuffs are probably coincidences. But the stuff I was referring to was like pregnancy and birth, big bang theory, celestial orbits, the prediction that the Sun will expire, creation, etc. Those are pretty clearly written in the Quran and it would be quite a claim to say those are all coincidences.

I don't pay attention to numerology in the Quran. The only purpose of studying the numerology of the Quran is to make sure nobody edits the book. If someone edits a part, it will mess up the whole numerology.
    Jayx1012

Post by Jayx1012 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:47 am

All I can say is that rational thought combined with Richard Dawkins + Christopher Hitchens + Theamazingatheist + Thunderf00t = Any Christian turning to the truth.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:55 am

^ http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1391943289827740318#

Laughing rofl

I'm pretty sure it's fake but it's hilarious anyway
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:^ http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1391943289827740318#

Laughing rofl

Wow Laughing

Looks pretty real though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:29 am

if you are in America (or Canada i think) go to the Comedy Central Website and look up "all about the mormons".

the complete drivel they believe and how they came to believe it can be applied to EVERY religion. the mormons are maligned for their beliefs and ridiculed for the claims of the prophet Joseph Smith!

what followers of the main religions dont seem to recognise is that their religions are based onn the same "evidence" as that of the mormons. unbelievable.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:35 am

You know what annoys me?

Science provides answers and helps, religion poses problems and hinders.

I don't give a toss what you believe, but the amount religion has stood in the way of progress is ridiculous.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:57 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Laughing rofl

Wow Laughing

http://meview.metro.co.uk/video.aspx?id=63406

Bet you wish it's fake now pig

But this is why I think it's fake......what kind of moron would do that and expect to live?
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:01 am

The Atheist Thread - Page 2 Morgan-Freeman-God
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:05 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Laughing rofl

Wow Laughing

But this is why I think it's fake......what kind of moron would do that and expect to live?

That's just plain stupid. There is a difference between being racist and invading private property and physical harassment.

Also, that's a weird looking Mosque. Looks like a special sect of Muslims, because those don't look like normal prayers. Also the women aren't completely covering their hair.
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:03 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Laughing The Atheist Thread - Page 2 70955

Wow Laughing

That's just plain stupid. There is a difference between being racist and invading private property and physical harassment.

Also, that's a weird looking Mosque. Looks like a special sect of Muslims, because those don't look like normal prayers. Also the women aren't completely covering their hair.

Pretty sure it's setup.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 pm

without trying to sound offfnesive, people who belive in men in the sky such as good realy aught to be put down for the sake of humanity

no offensee people who believe, you've been brainwashed and dont realyl know the crack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:33 pm