Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
The Zlatan
ResurrectionRooney
Grenade
Mal
Ra's al Ghul
FCB
SBSP
Theo Filippo
vel
Glen Miller
Novi
Scott_LFC
Free_Mustache_Rides
Zzonked
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
Sean
21 posters

Official Arsenal FC Thread

The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Official Arsenal FC Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

Post by The Zlatan Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 am

Hopefully Wenger's planning his youth in Asia in January.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:50 am

If there was a list of the top 10 worst induvidual performances ever by an Arsenal player, Arteta and Ozil would be in it after their cancerous performances against Dortmund. Legit srs
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 am

Wait, Ozil was playing? I thought he was invisible lmao lmao lmao lmao too eassssyyyyy! bussin bussin
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:57 am

Grenade wrote:If there was a list of the top 10 worst induvidual performances ever by an Arsenal player, Arteta and Ozil would be in it after their cancerous performances against Dortmund. Legit srs

I can think of at least 10 worse performances.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:58 am

Zzonked wrote:Wait, Ozil was playing? I thought he was invisible lmao lmao lmao lmao too eassssyyyyy! bussin bussin
    Official Arsenal FC Thread - Page 3 But+you+must+give+the+verdict+again.+Will+I+or+_7528b387a5a3a0d60ab3e77997cb4bf3
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:02 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Grenade wrote:If there was a list of the top 10 worst induvidual performances ever by an Arsenal player, Arteta and Ozil would be in it after their cancerous performances against Dortmund. Legit srs

I can think of at least 10 worse performances.

The 8-2 you could sort of pin on Wenger for his awful big game tactics. But 2 goals at OT, I can't remember Arsenal ever scoring more than once at Old Trafford in the PL lol.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:04 am

Grenade wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:Wait, Ozil was playing? I thought he was invisible lmao lmao lmao lmao too eassssyyyyy! bussin bussin
    Official Arsenal FC Thread - Page 3 But+you+must+give+the+verdict+again.+Will+I+or+_7528b387a5a3a0d60ab3e77997cb4bf3
    rofl
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:29 pm

So now Ramsey's out for at least a month.

Seriously, what is it with Arsenal and injuries?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:43 am

You've 6 players out injured yourselves.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:20 am

And now Ozil is out for like 12 weeks.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:32 am

Great news.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:35 am

Scott_LFC wrote:So now Ramsey's out for at least a month.

Seriously, what is it with Arsenal and injuries?

Ozil out for 10-12 weeks Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:59 am

I think if we killed Flamini and Monreal we'd finally cure Cancer.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:21 am

Keyser Söze wrote:I think if we killed Flamini and Monreal we'd finally cure Cancer.

I have complete sympathy for Monreal. This is a player who has never shown any indication throughout his career that he is capable of playing as a centre half yet for some reason is repeatedly thrown there. Today he was actually pretty good throughout, but when Montero is allowed to freely put in crosses every single time then it's no wonder that he was beaten once. We're being so heinously mismanaged right now that it's frankly horrifying.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:49 am

Yes, but bar the few games that he filled in this season at LB he's been dreadful there as well. Fair enough when he's beaten by a monster like Gomis, but his defending in the two games against Anderlecht was pretty shocking and it wasn't really to do with not being a CB he just lacks the basics of defending which is a prerequisite for a fullback.

Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:01 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Yes, but bar the few games that he filled in this season at LB he's been dreadful there as well. Fair enough when he's beaten by a monster like Gomis, but his defending in the two games against Anderlecht was pretty shocking and it wasn't really to do with not being a CB he just lacks the basics of defending which is a prerequisite for a fullback.

I really don't think he's that bad. He was lacking defensively as a full back but he could make up for it through his offensive play. That's more than I can say for most substitute left-backs in the league (*cough* Clichy *cough). Is it any surprise that when you put him in a position that doesn't allow him to use any of his strengths he plays poorly? I think he's a fine squad player and is trying very hard to play in a position to which he will never be suited. Additionally, he's having to play as part of a defensive unit that is glaringly inept. Monreal as a centre back is a symptom of what is currently wrong with the side, it is definitely not the cause which makes it so hard for me to understand why people direct their anger towards him.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:36 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Yes, but bar the few games that he filled in this season at LB he's been dreadful there as well. Fair enough when he's beaten by a monster like Gomis, but his defending in the two games against Anderlecht was pretty shocking and it wasn't really to do with not being a CB he just lacks the basics of defending which is a prerequisite for a fullback.

I really don't think he's that bad. He was lacking defensively as a full back but he could make up for it through his offensive play. That's more than I can say for most substitute left-backs in the league (*cough* Clichy *cough). Is it any surprise that when you put him in a position that doesn't allow him to use any of his strengths he plays poorly? I think he's a fine squad player and is trying very hard to play in a position to which he will never be suited. Additionally, he's having to play as part of a defensive unit that is glaringly inept. Monreal as a centre back is a symptom of what is currently wrong with the side, it is definitely not the cause which makes it so hard for me to understand why people direct their anger towards him.

I guess that depends what you mean by that bad. I think the Everton game last season summed up Monreal's shortcomings very well. They knew they could exploit him and they did. Of course anyone can have an off day but he's always got that in his locker. I can't say the same of our other recent fullbacks, Gibbs and Sagna. Gibbs is nothing more than decent but solid and bar Sagna having a blip a few seasons ago he's always been good for us. When Monreal plays opposition teams know they can get at him. And even when he's not shit he's just such an average player, not a player like Gibbs and Sagna that can influence a game (in a postive way). He's passable squad player, playing in front of Gibbs to see out games, a few League Cup games here, a dead rubber CL tie there and the odd game as cover for a short term injury, but as a player that can come in a do a job for a prolonged period I don't have faith in him. That's why I'm hard on him, at least Mertesacker has shown he can be good player. I don't like Chambers, I've already said that, but I knew he'd be shit, I expect more from Monreal.

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:06 am

Hopefully Wilshere's injury is serious, nasty little cunt. Unbelievable that he didn't get sent off headbutting someone right in front of the referee.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 am

Hopefully Fellaini gets Ebola in his elbows.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:11 am

He's right though, Wilshere was acting like a cunt today.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:13 am

FCB wrote:He's right though, Wilshere was acting like a cunt today.
    He certainly wasn't his usual, mild-mannered self.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:18 am

With how Dortmund are doing this season, there's no better chance than securing the services of Klopp for next season.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:19 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    FCB wrote:He's right though, Wilshere was acting like a cunt today.
    He certainly wasn't his usual, mild-mannered self.

Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:15 am

I'm actually slightly impressed out how we managed to lose today. I read an article describe it as a form of art and I think it summed it up perfectly. That Manchester United display was the worst I've seen any team play and yet still manage to win.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 am

Just watching on match of the day, United's first effort on target was their second goal? Laughing 

Wilshere really missed a sitter first half too.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 am

Keyser Söze wrote:I'm actually slightly impressed out how we managed to lose today. I read an article describe it as a form of art and I think it summed it up perfectly. That Manchester United display was the worst I've seen any team play and yet still manage to win.  

Thought we played pretty well actually. Van Gaal compensated perfectly for the paucity in quality of defenders by overloading the defensive zones meaning that whenever you had a chance your players were under a lot of pressure and it was difficult to convert. You need a manager with a bit more nous.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:39 am

Yeah, it's all about the result when playing away at one of the big boys.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:24 am

Keyser Söze wrote:I'm actually slightly impressed out how we managed to lose today. I read an article describe it as a form of art and I think it summed it up perfectly. That Manchester United display was the worst I've seen any team play and yet still manage to win.  

Thought we played pretty well actually.  Van Gaal compensated perfectly for the paucity in quality of defenders by overloading the defensive zones meaning that whenever you had a chance your players were under a lot of pressure and it was difficult to convert.  You need a manager with a bit more nous.

After I ignored you twice I thought you'd get the hint and give up, I guess not.

What you're trying to do doesn't work when your manager and captain say what they said. It just becomes too obvious, especially when you keep repeating it even after getting no reaction.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:32 am

Keyser Söze wrote:

Thought we played pretty well actually.  Van Gaal compensated perfectly for the paucity in quality of defenders by overloading the defensive zones meaning that whenever you had a chance your players were under a lot of pressure and it was difficult to convert.  You need a manager with a bit more nous.

After I ignored you twice I thought you'd get the hint and give up, I guess not.

What you're trying to do doesn't work when your manager and captain say what they said. It just becomes too obvious, especially when you keep repeating it even after getting no reaction.

Keep repeating your inane shite slagging off our performance and I'll keep debunking it. If you don't reply then I'll take it as confirmation that you have no answer.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:42 am

So these posts of yours are serious? How insecure can you get Laughing You won and yet you're still this defensive? Wow.  

I didn't reply the 1st two times because you did this same nonsense in the WC and suckered me and Scott in. That time at least van Gaal tried to play along, but this time he hasn't. So everything you're saying is pretty retarded so I assumed it's you trying to get a reaction. But if it's not, then I guess I gave you too much credit. I didn't expect you to be this deluded and desperate. However, I still think this is you just trying to get a reaction.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:45 am