Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Share
    avatar
    The Zlatan
     
     

    Posts : 10347

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by The Zlatan on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 am

    Hopefully Wenger's planning his youth in Asia in January.
    avatar
    Grenade
     
     

    Formerly known as : grenade187
    Posts : 9113
    Age : 36

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Grenade on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:50 am

    If there was a list of the top 10 worst induvidual performances ever by an Arsenal player, Arteta and Ozil would be in it after their cancerous performances against Dortmund. Legit srs
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Zzonked on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 am

    Wait, Ozil was playing? I thought he was invisible lmao lmao lmao lmao too eassssyyyyy! bussin bussin
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:57 am

    Grenade wrote:If there was a list of the top 10 worst induvidual performances ever by an Arsenal player, Arteta and Ozil would be in it after their cancerous performances against Dortmund. Legit srs

    I can think of at least 10 worse performances.
    avatar
    Grenade
     
     

    Formerly known as : grenade187
    Posts : 9113
    Age : 36

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Grenade on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:58 am

    Zzonked wrote:Wait, Ozil was playing? I thought he was invisible lmao lmao lmao lmao too eassssyyyyy! bussin bussin
    avatar
    Grenade
     
     

    Formerly known as : grenade187
    Posts : 9113
    Age : 36

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Grenade on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:02 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Grenade wrote:If there was a list of the top 10 worst induvidual performances ever by an Arsenal player, Arteta and Ozil would be in it after their cancerous performances against Dortmund. Legit srs

    I can think of at least 10 worse performances.

    The 8-2 you could sort of pin on Wenger for his awful big game tactics. But 2 goals at OT, I can't remember Arsenal ever scoring more than once at Old Trafford in the PL lol.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by SBSP on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:04 am

    Grenade wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:Wait, Ozil was playing? I thought he was invisible lmao lmao lmao lmao too eassssyyyyy! bussin bussin
    rofl

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:29 pm

    So now Ramsey's out for at least a month.

    Seriously, what is it with Arsenal and injuries?

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:43 am

    You've 6 players out injured yourselves.
    avatar
    FCB
     
     

    Posts : 733
    Age : 27
    Location : Tampa, Florida, USA

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by FCB on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:20 am

    And now Ozil is out for like 12 weeks.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:32 am

    Great news.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:35 am

    Scott_LFC wrote:So now Ramsey's out for at least a month.

    Seriously, what is it with Arsenal and injuries?

    Ozil out for 10-12 weeks Laughing

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:59 am

    I think if we killed Flamini and Monreal we'd finally cure Cancer.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Ra's al Ghul on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:21 am

    Keyser Söze wrote:I think if we killed Flamini and Monreal we'd finally cure Cancer.

    I have complete sympathy for Monreal. This is a player who has never shown any indication throughout his career that he is capable of playing as a centre half yet for some reason is repeatedly thrown there. Today he was actually pretty good throughout, but when Montero is allowed to freely put in crosses every single time then it's no wonder that he was beaten once. We're being so heinously mismanaged right now that it's frankly horrifying.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:49 am

    Yes, but bar the few games that he filled in this season at LB he's been dreadful there as well. Fair enough when he's beaten by a monster like Gomis, but his defending in the two games against Anderlecht was pretty shocking and it wasn't really to do with not being a CB he just lacks the basics of defending which is a prerequisite for a fullback.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Ra's al Ghul on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:01 am

    Keyser Söze wrote:Yes, but bar the few games that he filled in this season at LB he's been dreadful there as well. Fair enough when he's beaten by a monster like Gomis, but his defending in the two games against Anderlecht was pretty shocking and it wasn't really to do with not being a CB he just lacks the basics of defending which is a prerequisite for a fullback.


    I really don't think he's that bad. He was lacking defensively as a full back but he could make up for it through his offensive play. That's more than I can say for most substitute left-backs in the league (*cough* Clichy *cough). Is it any surprise that when you put him in a position that doesn't allow him to use any of his strengths he plays poorly? I think he's a fine squad player and is trying very hard to play in a position to which he will never be suited. Additionally, he's having to play as part of a defensive unit that is glaringly inept. Monreal as a centre back is a symptom of what is currently wrong with the side, it is definitely not the cause which makes it so hard for me to understand why people direct their anger towards him.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:36 am

    Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Yes, but bar the few games that he filled in this season at LB he's been dreadful there as well. Fair enough when he's beaten by a monster like Gomis, but his defending in the two games against Anderlecht was pretty shocking and it wasn't really to do with not being a CB he just lacks the basics of defending which is a prerequisite for a fullback.


    I really don't think he's that bad. He was lacking defensively as a full back but he could make up for it through his offensive play. That's more than I can say for most substitute left-backs in the league (*cough* Clichy *cough). Is it any surprise that when you put him in a position that doesn't allow him to use any of his strengths he plays poorly? I think he's a fine squad player and is trying very hard to play in a position to which he will never be suited. Additionally, he's having to play as part of a defensive unit that is glaringly inept. Monreal as a centre back is a symptom of what is currently wrong with the side, it is definitely not the cause which makes it so hard for me to understand why people direct their anger towards him.

    I guess that depends what you mean by that bad. I think the Everton game last season summed up Monreal's shortcomings very well. They knew they could exploit him and they did. Of course anyone can have an off day but he's always got that in his locker. I can't say the same of our other recent fullbacks, Gibbs and Sagna. Gibbs is nothing more than decent but solid and bar Sagna having a blip a few seasons ago he's always been good for us. When Monreal plays opposition teams know they can get at him. And even when he's not shit he's just such an average player, not a player like Gibbs and Sagna that can influence a game (in a postive way). He's passable squad player, playing in front of Gibbs to see out games, a few League Cup games here, a dead rubber CL tie there and the odd game as cover for a short term injury, but as a player that can come in a do a job for a prolonged period I don't have faith in him. That's why I'm hard on him, at least Mertesacker has shown he can be good player. I don't like Chambers, I've already said that, but I knew he'd be shit, I expect more from Monreal.

    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:06 am

    Hopefully Wilshere's injury is serious, nasty little cunt. Unbelievable that he didn't get sent off headbutting someone right in front of the referee.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by SBSP on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 am

    Hopefully Fellaini gets Ebola in his elbows.
    avatar
    FCB
     
     

    Posts : 733
    Age : 27
    Location : Tampa, Florida, USA

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by FCB on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:11 am

    He's right though, Wilshere was acting like a cunt today.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:13 am

    FCB wrote:He's right though, Wilshere was acting like a cunt today.
    He certainly wasn't his usual, mild-mannered self.
    avatar
    FCB
     
     

    Posts : 733
    Age : 27
    Location : Tampa, Florida, USA

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by FCB on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:18 am

    With how Dortmund are doing this season, there's no better chance than securing the services of Klopp for next season.
    avatar
    FCB
     
     

    Posts : 733
    Age : 27
    Location : Tampa, Florida, USA

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by FCB on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:19 am

    Glen Miller wrote:
    FCB wrote:He's right though, Wilshere was acting like a cunt today.
    He certainly wasn't his usual, mild-mannered self.

    Laughing

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:15 am

    I'm actually slightly impressed out how we managed to lose today. I read an article describe it as a form of art and I think it summed it up perfectly. That Manchester United display was the worst I've seen any team play and yet still manage to win.
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Zzonked on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 am

    Just watching on match of the day, United's first effort on target was their second goal? Laughing 

    Wilshere really missed a sitter first half too.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 am

    Keyser Söze wrote:I'm actually slightly impressed out how we managed to lose today. I read an article describe it as a form of art and I think it summed it up perfectly. That Manchester United display was the worst I've seen any team play and yet still manage to win.  

    Thought we played pretty well actually. Van Gaal compensated perfectly for the paucity in quality of defenders by overloading the defensive zones meaning that whenever you had a chance your players were under a lot of pressure and it was difficult to convert. You need a manager with a bit more nous.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:39 am

    Yeah, it's all about the result when playing away at one of the big boys.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:24 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:I'm actually slightly impressed out how we managed to lose today. I read an article describe it as a form of art and I think it summed it up perfectly. That Manchester United display was the worst I've seen any team play and yet still manage to win.  

    Thought we played pretty well actually.  Van Gaal compensated perfectly for the paucity in quality of defenders by overloading the defensive zones meaning that whenever you had a chance your players were under a lot of pressure and it was difficult to convert.  You need a manager with a bit more nous.

    After I ignored you twice I thought you'd get the hint and give up, I guess not.

    What you're trying to do doesn't work when your manager and captain say what they said. It just becomes too obvious, especially when you keep repeating it even after getting no reaction.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:32 am

    Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

    Thought we played pretty well actually.  Van Gaal compensated perfectly for the paucity in quality of defenders by overloading the defensive zones meaning that whenever you had a chance your players were under a lot of pressure and it was difficult to convert.  You need a manager with a bit more nous.

    After I ignored you twice I thought you'd get the hint and give up, I guess not.

    What you're trying to do doesn't work when your manager and captain say what they said. It just becomes too obvious, especially when you keep repeating it even after getting no reaction.

    Keep repeating your inane shite slagging off our performance and I'll keep debunking it. If you don't reply then I'll take it as confirmation that you have no answer.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:42 am

    So these posts of yours are serious? How insecure can you get Laughing You won and yet you're still this defensive? Wow.  

    I didn't reply the 1st two times because you did this same nonsense in the WC and suckered me and Scott in. That time at least van Gaal tried to play along, but this time he hasn't. So everything you're saying is pretty retarded so I assumed it's you trying to get a reaction. But if it's not, then I guess I gave you too much credit. I didn't expect you to be this deluded and desperate. However, I still think this is you just trying to get a reaction.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:07 pm