Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Share
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:16 am

    Keyser Söze wrote:If by some biblical miracle next season he wins the PL or CL (if we even qualify for it this season) then I could see a situation where he stays. Failing that I'd be amazed if he's still here beyond his current contract which expires at the end of next season. Just my personal opinion, seen others that seem to think he'll leave this summer and others like you think he'll sign another contract.

    I just don't see an exit route. There are two entities who can decide he has to leave - himself and the board. The board love him, he hits his targets every year and builds up huge profits for the club and he seems pretty happy to be there. What else is he going to do if he leaves?

    I think he might see winning the PL or CL as an opportunity to leave on a high note, he could have been waiting for an opportunity like that for years. I'm pretty convinced that Ferguson only stuck around so long because the last 4 seasons before his final one ended with devastating defeats. Is Wenger going to want to go out winning fuck all or at best his 7th FA Cup? Not likely. I can see why he might see winning one of the big ones as a reason to stick around though.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:05 am

    When asked about the atmosphere at the Emirates, Wenger said that the home fans need to be more supportive of his team - and pointed to the atmosphere at Anfield as a 'good example'.

    “Liverpool are a good example to follow,” Wenger said.

    “They're a big club. We are a very big club. I can understand the frustration of our fans. But, despite that, they want to support our team.

    Smile

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:38 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:If by some biblical miracle next season he wins the PL or CL (if we even qualify for it this season) then I could see a situation where he stays. Failing that I'd be amazed if he's still here beyond his current contract which expires at the end of next season. Just my personal opinion, seen others that seem to think he'll leave this summer and others like you think he'll sign another contract.

    I just don't see an exit route.  There are two entities who can decide he has to leave - himself and the board.  The board love him, he hits his targets every year and builds up huge profits for the club and he seems pretty happy to be there.  What else is he going to do if he leaves?

    I think he might see winning the PL or CL as an opportunity to leave on a high note, he could have been waiting for an opportunity like that for years. I'm pretty convinced that Ferguson only stuck around so long because the last 4 seasons before his final one ended with devastating defeats.  Is Wenger going to want to go out winning fuck all or at best his 7th FA Cup?  Not likely.  I can see why he might see winning one of the big ones as a reason to stick around though.

    Maybe I'm too emotionally invested or maybe you're an outsider looking in, but the feeling in and around the club is way too toxic. I've never know it this bad. Even Wenger is commenting on it now and using it as an excuse. If he doesn't win either of the big two next season then I genuinely can't see how the board can offer him a new contract and not hire bodyguards to protect him as well.

    Difference with Ferguson is that he always had a steady stream success. The reason we've gone this long without winning the PL is because Wenger is stubborn in his belief of the bigger "project". I don't believe in Wenger going 12 year without creating a title winning team and then doing it only for him give it up the next season. If he does win either I'd think he'd want to stick around for at least another season or two to see how far he can take the team. It'd also probably bring the Wenger in/out split back in his favour slightly.
    Scott_LFC wrote:
    When asked about the atmosphere at the Emirates, Wenger said that the home fans need to be more supportive of his team - and pointed to the atmosphere at Anfield as a 'good example'.

    “Liverpool are a good example to follow,” Wenger said.

    “They're a big club. We are a very big club. I can understand the frustration of our fans. But, despite that, they want to support our team.

    Smile
    That's more senile than his other comment.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:34 am

    Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

    I just don't see an exit route.  There are two entities who can decide he has to leave - himself and the board.  The board love him, he hits his targets every year and builds up huge profits for the club and he seems pretty happy to be there.  What else is he going to do if he leaves?

    I think he might see winning the PL or CL as an opportunity to leave on a high note, he could have been waiting for an opportunity like that for years. I'm pretty convinced that Ferguson only stuck around so long because the last 4 seasons before his final one ended with devastating defeats.  Is Wenger going to want to go out winning fuck all or at best his 7th FA Cup?  Not likely.  I can see why he might see winning one of the big ones as a reason to stick around though.

    Maybe I'm too emotionally invested or maybe you're an outsider looking in, but the feeling in and around the club is way too toxic. I've never know it this bad. Even Wenger is commenting on it now and using it as an excuse. If he doesn't win either of the big two next season then I genuinely can't see how the board can offer him a new contract and not hire bodyguards to protect him as well.

    Difference with Ferguson is that he always had a steady stream success. The reason we've gone this long without winning the PL is because Wenger is stubborn in his belief of the bigger "project". I don't believe in Wenger going 12 year without creating a title winning team and then doing it only for him give it up the next season. If he does win either I'd think he'd want to stick around for at least another season or two to see how far he can take the team. It'd also probably bring the Wenger in/out split back in his favour slightly.
    Scott_LFC wrote:

    Smile
    That's more senile than his other comment.

    Nah, he got that one spot on.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Sun May 01, 2016 7:42 am

    Maybe if we abused our players a bit more they might stop throwing away two goal leads to pub-level teams.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 am


    “It was a bit of a strange atmosphere,” admitted the manager. “Overall, the fans, some were protesting, yes, but the big majority didn’t and were getting behind the team. They have shown they appreciate what I’ve done until now so it’s all right.

    “This season was different, because we were in a position to win the league. I think it is disappointed love, not real aggression."

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 3:11 am

    Arsenal struggling against the side we dismantled home and away with an inferior squad Laughing

    Please stay, Wenger.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Mon May 09, 2016 3:52 am

    You were saying Laughing

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 3:54 am

    That you struggled? Abysmal performance. We dismantled these 4-1 at their ground and 3-0 or something at home.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon May 09, 2016 3:57 am

    Anyone still worry about Arsenal's top 4 position?

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 3:59 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Anyone still worry about Arsenal's top 4 position?

    City and United to win their remaining games and Arsenal to get beaten by Aston Villa confirmed.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Mon May 09, 2016 4:04 am

    So what's your point?

    Considering we were playing for a draw and we cut City open at will I'm not really too bothered. Definitely the best we've played in a few weeks.


    Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:
    Meh, you could have said the same thing back in 2014 when we only finished 5 points ahead of them.  It's all pretty irrelevant.

    The season isn't over. It won't be that irrelevant if Arsenal slip up some more and we continue our good form. Could even finish above them the way things are going over there.

    Laughing

    In our absolute worst season under Wenger we're still guaranteed to be 4 points ahead of you at worst. In your best ever PL season you only finished 5 points ahead of us. It's pretty funny how no matter type of season you have you still have that insecurity over being worse than us. You'd probably be happy finishing 19th if Arsenal finished 20th.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

    Lmao at getting defensive over a bit of banter.

    Best you've played yet could only draw against a shit City side Laughing

    In terms of Club expectations, we've had a much better season than you.

    Next season we will finish above you, 100%.


    Last edited by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 4:15 am

    Just seen what you quoted, lol have you seen the team we've put out in our last few PL games? We don't give a shit about the League atm.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon May 09, 2016 4:28 am

    I like how you always try to move the goalposts to try and win the argument.

    In terms of Club expectations, we've had a much better season than you.

    It's not that far removed from claiming you were the moral victors in a match because you had the most possession.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Mon May 09, 2016 4:32 am

    No one is disputing we've been bad for large parts if this season. What do you think "our absolute worst season" means? Laughing But since you're desperately comparing, it's still better than yours which is pretty embarrassing.

    "club expectations"  Laughing In terms of "club expectations" Bournemouth have had a better season than us, it's not our problem that you're both small time.

    lol, you've played a couple of younger players against Newcastle and Swansea. I know you're trying hard to look on the bright side, but it still doesn't excuse two dire results. Also doesn't excuse all the dire results that came before. I know for a fact it's killing you that you'll finish below us again, EL or not you'll still have that niggling thought in the back of your mind.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 am

    Keyser Söze wrote:No one is disputing we've been bad for large parts if this season. What do you think "our absolute worst season" means? Laughing But since you're desperately comparing, it's still better than yours which is pretty embarrassing.

    "club expectations"  Laughing In terms of "club expectations" Bournemouth have had a better season than us, it's not our problem that you're both small time.

    lol, you've played a couple of younger players against Newcastle and Swansea. I know you're trying hard to look on the bright side, but it still doesn't excuse two dire results. Also doesn't excuse all the dire results that came before. I know for a fact it's killing you that you'll finish below us again, EL or not you'll still have that niggling thought in the back of your mind.

    "A couple" lmao, try the majority of the team.

    At the end of the day, we've reached 2 Cup finals. That constitutes to a better season regardless, imo. Especially great achievement considering what Klopp came into.

    As I said, next season we will blow you away.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 4:56 am

    I love how you think you know what I'm feeling too Laughing Deluded is too weak a word for you.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 4:59 am

    It must be so boring being an Arsenal fan. Every season is the exact same thing. Top 4, do shit in CL. Top 4, do shit in CL. Top 4, bottle League, do shit in CL. Rinse and repeat.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 4:59 am

    We're in a European Cup final. Something you probably haven't witnessed in your lifetime Laughing

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 5:00 am

    I'm gonna do a you

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 5:01 am

    I know for a fact it's killing you that we're in a European Cup final. Top four or not, you'll still have that niggling thought in the back of your mind.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Mon May 09, 2016 5:04 am

    6 consecutive posts in 6 minutes. Yeah you aren't bothered at all Laughing

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 5:24 am

    Good one!
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon May 09, 2016 6:10 am

    A European Cup final Laughing

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 6:23 am

    Erm. It is.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Mon May 09, 2016 6:26 am

    Hell of a lot more prestigious than the tinpot FA Cup. You're just gutted we smashed you out of it with ease.
    avatar
    YukiAbe1996
     
     

    Posts : 1137
    Supports : Leicester City

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by YukiAbe1996 on Mon May 09, 2016 6:32 am

    Scott's surely odds on favourite to be the forumite to join Leo behind bars.

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Mon May 09, 2016 6:41 am

    You actually have to fail to be in the EL, that's not the case for the FA Cup. Automatically makes it superior.
    avatar
    The Zlatan
     
     

    Posts : 10347

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by The Zlatan on Mon May 09, 2016 6:48 am

    YukiAbe1996 wrote:Scott's surely odds on favourite to be the forumite to join Leo behind bars.

    Really? Surprised

    Sponsored content

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:05 pm