Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
The Zlatan
ResurrectionRooney
Grenade
Mal
Ra's al Ghul
FCB
SBSP
Theo Filippo
vel
Glen Miller
Novi
Scott_LFC
Free_Mustache_Rides
Zzonked
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
Sean
21 posters

Official Arsenal FC Thread

The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Official Arsenal FC Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

Post by The Zlatan Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:02 am

Keyser Söze wrote:We're playing West Brom (H), Sunderland (A), Norwich (H), City (A) and Villa (H) and I honestly can't see where our next win will come.

I really wanted Zaha to roll that late chance to Adebayor for him to score, so with that in mind I'd quite like it if we went into our game against Villa needing just a draw to make top 4 only for us to lose.  

I did as well, a little smile emerged as I cupped my mouth and thought to myself no fucking way. rofl This club is a fucking joke, from top to bottom. I never thought I'd say that.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:33 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:We're playing West Brom (H), Sunderland (A), Norwich (H), City (A) and Villa (H) and I honestly can't see where our next win will come.

I really wanted Zaha to roll that late chance to Adebayor for him to score, so with that in mind I'd quite like it if we went into our game against Villa needing just a draw to make top 4 only for us to lose.  

I did as well, a little smile emerged as I cupped my mouth and thought to myself no fucking way. rofl This club is a fucking joke, from top to bottom. I never thought I'd say that.

At the start of the season If you'd have told me with 5 games to go we'd be level with City and above United and Chelsea with the fixture list we have then I'd actually have been pretty happy.

It's been a very poor season in general. Those 3 clubs have been awful, Liverpool have been completely irrelevant as usual, the likes of West Ham, Southampton, Everton etc... have been average at best. And yet we still end up fighting for 4th.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:08 am

Are you joking?  Those fixtures are a piece of piss.  You have West Brom at home who you have nothing to play for, two games against relegation fodder and you finish up against a Championship team.  You also have a four point advantage and insurmountable goal difference advantage.  You should steamroller at least 3 of those and that will be enough.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:16 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Are you joking?  Those fixtures are a piece of piss.  You have West Brom at home who you have nothing to play for, two games against relegation fodder and you finish up against a Championship team.  You also have a four point advantage and insurmountable goal difference advantage.  You should steamroller at least 3 of those and that will be enough.

Their game today was against a team with nothing to play for and Arsenal only managed a draw and could easily have lost if Zaha didn't have a brain fart. West Brom could potentially do the same (although I think Arsenal will win that one).

As for Sunderland/Norwich, you say relegation fodder, I say 2 teams giving it their all to stay up. Those 2 will be tricky. City will smash Arsenal. 

Aston Villa is the only easy game.

You're forgetting how abysmal Arsenal have been since the turn of the year. Swansea beat them 2-1 at the Emirates, Man United beat them 3-2, Chelsea beat them 1-0, Stoke and Liverpool held them to a draw.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:52 am

I never said those aren't easy games in general, because they're really fucking easy in general. I just can't see where our next win is going to come from because of how bad we've been playing.

We've dropped points against completely shite teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Norwich, West Brom, Palace ect.... so nothing is a certain win for this team anymore.

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:54 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Arsenal rofl

We're only 6 points behind if we win our game in hand against Everton. Considering how shit we've been in the League and how superior Arsenal fans think Arsenal are to Liverpool, that's shocking Laughing
    Meh, you could have said the same thing back in 2014 when we only finished 5 points ahead of them.  It's all pretty irrelevant.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:06 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Arsenal rofl

We're only 6 points behind if we win our game in hand against Everton. Considering how shit we've been in the League and how superior Arsenal fans think Arsenal are to Liverpool, that's shocking Laughing
    Meh, you could have said the same thing back in 2014 when we only finished 5 points ahead of them.  It's all pretty irrelevant.

The season isn't over. It won't be that irrelevant if Arsenal slip up some more and we continue our good form. Could even finish above them the way things are going over there.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:48 pm

When the top 4 is in doubt, Arsenal always turn it on.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:22 am

Theo Filippo wrote:When the top 4 is in doubt, Arsenal always turn it on.

In a season where it's Leicester and Spurs who are in a 2 horse race for the title, Aston Villa are relegated and Chelsea are mid-table, anything can happen.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:47 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:When the top 4 is in doubt, Arsenal always turn it on.

In a season where it's Leicester and Spurs who are in a 2 horse race for the title, Aston Villa are relegated and Chelsea are mid-table, anything can happen.
    Exactly, in a season where every team has performed above or well below expectation Arsenal are still sitting in the 3rd-4th places. Shows that our hunger for the top 4 never deviates under any circumstance.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:08 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Exactly, in a season where every team has performed above or well below expectation Arsenal are still sitting in the 3rd-4th places. Shows that our hunger for the top 4 never deviates under any circumstance.

We'll see.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Scott can't even agree with Theo when he's being self-deprecating.  There will never be any love on this forum.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:38 am

Can't believe morons on EA were doubting Sanchez and comparing him to Hazard. He hasn't had his best season but his goals/assists record is still better than peak Hazard last season let alone this.

Also nice to see Bellerin being confirmed as the best RB in the league by his peers. Ozil should definitely be in the team as well but Payet's recent spat of freekicks and Alli being English has blinded people.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:49 am

I think Monreal should have had that LB spot.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:56 am

Agreed. I think him and Ozil suffered because our collective poor form. Players couldn't bring themselves to vote for 3 Arsenal players which in their minds would have put us on par with Spurs and 1 behind Leicester and they probabt felt that wasn't a fair reflection of the league.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:08 am

Yeah that sounds about right. Season of missed opportunities, not that the TOTY award is important but things should have been much different. I'd also argue that Monreal has been better than Bellerin, and with Bellerin being included in the team I'm surprised he wasn't nominated for YPOTY.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:18 am

I think Bellerin is more exciting but yeah it's obvious that Monreal is the better fullback. Bellerin is certainly the best RB in his own right, but he hasn't exactly got strong competition. Monreal is up against Fuchs and Rose who are vastly superior to any of the RBs Bellerin was up against. Voters were always going to favour solid performers from Leicester and Spurs even if they were inferior to other players in the league.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:56 am

rofl
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:03 am

What are you laughing at him for? RR being wrong is actually in his favour since it'll mean United finish 4th.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:05 am

It's always funny when a know it all like him gets things wrong. It happens really often tbh.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:11 am

I hear that's called "elite trolling".
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:14 am

I'm not a know it all like RR Smile
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:09 am

They have nothing to worry about.  All they need to guarantee it is to defeat Norwich and Aston Villa at the Emirates and get a point against City.  If they beat Norwich and Villa - which they will - the only possible threat is if United win all 4 games, something that's not very likely.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:27 am

I wish this season would end.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Wenger "Away from home we are championship winners."

Leicester - 17 games, 37 points.
    Spurs - 17 games, 33 points.
    Arsenal - 18 games, 30 points.
    Man C and Liverpool - 17 games, 27 points. 

Getting a bit senile rofl
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:13 am

You're preaching to the choir.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:43 am

How long do we expect Wenger to stay at the club? I think he's going to keep going on and on for a very long time, the board love him and he shows no signs of wanting to quit.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:55 am

If by some biblical miracle next season he wins the PL or CL (if we even qualify for it this season) then I could see a situation where he stays. Failing that I'd be amazed if he's still here beyond his current contract which expires at the end of next season. Just my personal opinion, seen others that seem to think he'll leave this summer and others like you think he'll sign another contract.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:00 am

Hopefully he steps down when his contract is up next season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a new one. I suppose he's content with making £8m a year to not really achieve much, and I suppose the board will be okay with it so long as he's helping fill their pockets too.

This season has really been the turning point, most fans want him to go. I think I recall him saying in the past that when that happens he'll move aside, I just hope he keeps his word.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:16 pm