Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
ResurrectionRooney
Emma
Mal
Kuled
VivaRonaldoLAD
vel
Drake
Keyser Söze
ayvee1
Moose
Yrael
Jordi
RubyArmyCTFC
Dagbon
Scuba Steve
Stranger
SophisticatedBeggar
Ra's al Ghul
Theo Filippo
The Zlatan
Forest
FCB
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
Childish Logic
Scott_LFC
Free_Mustache_Rides
31 posters

Chat Thread

Anonymous

Chat Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:59 pm

I too read Hacker News. shifty
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:58 pm

I got linked that on facebook shifty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Zzonked wrote:I actually decided today I really quite like the grill that I will now refer to as 'house grill'. Spent all day with her looking for houses and had a great time. She wouldn't come back to mine afterwards though, but tbf we drove for at least 6 hours today so I think everyone was tired. Actually literally just as I typed this she apologised by text for saying she wouldn't stay at mine haha.

I apologize if no one gives a fuck about my personal diary. I will save it for the juicier stuff if no one actually cares about the boring stuff like this.

Is the cooker a big issue for you? Generally in house hunting I've found that ovens are pretty variable but the rest pretty much does what it's supposed to if it works at all. I'm not surprised you couldn't take the element home, what the hell would the existing housemates have used?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:26 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:I actually decided today I really quite like the grill that I will now refer to as 'house grill'. Spent all day with her looking for houses and had a great time. She wouldn't come back to mine afterwards though, but tbf we drove for at least 6 hours today so I think everyone was tired. Actually literally just as I typed this she apologised by text for saying she wouldn't stay at mine haha.

I apologize if no one gives a fuck about my personal diary. I will save it for the juicier stuff if no one actually cares about the boring stuff like this.

Is the cooker a big issue for you?  Generally in house hunting I've found that ovens are pretty variable but the rest pretty much does what it's supposed to if it works at all.  I'm not surprised you couldn't take the element home, what the hell would the existing housemates have used?

Really? I haven't ever checked the oven in the last 2 houses I've moved in to. Never experienced any trouble with it, has it been a big issue for you?

The only appliance I ever had trouble with was a freezer that didn't work in my last house. The landlord did nothing about it when we told them like 5 times and then tried to charge us for it at the end.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:21 am

My morning shit looked like one of those Chinese letters/characters, who wants to see the pic
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:54 am

Zzonked wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Is the cooker a big issue for you?  Generally in house hunting I've found that ovens are pretty variable but the rest pretty much does what it's supposed to if it works at all.  I'm not surprised you couldn't take the element home, what the hell would the existing housemates have used?

Really? I haven't ever checked the oven in the last 2 houses I've moved in to. Never experienced any trouble with it, has it been a big issue for you?

The only appliance I ever had trouble with was a freezer that didn't work in my last house. The landlord did nothing about it when we told them like 5 times and then tried to charge us for it at the end.

Yes, I've had a horrible time with ovens in three of the four houses I've lived post-moving out. Two of them were older than me and took about a month to preheat, my second year one was very modern but in a state of disrepair and only repaired by the cheapest most useless wankers in the world, which - considering I was paying 5 fucking grand to live there for a Uni year and some of the other 13 people sharing the same kitchen were paying more - was an absolute fucking liberty. To be fair in the next house I was in I sent a stern email and in about 3 days I woke up and found a circular saw being taken to the kitchen so they could get a new cooker in which was pretty excellent.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:56 am

vel wrote:My morning shit looked like one of those Chinese letters/characters, who wants to see the pic
    Yes please!
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:23 am

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/11/04/west-virginia-elects-americas-youngest-state-lawmaker/

I don't know how to feel about this. The old farts we have in politics now aren't good, but an 18 year old representative? She's not even legally allowed to purchase alcoholic beverages.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:26 am

FCB wrote:http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/11/04/west-virginia-elects-americas-youngest-state-lawmaker/

I don't know how to feel about this. The old farts we have in politics now aren't good, but an 18 year old representative? She's not even legally allowed to purchase alcoholic beverages.

Her age doesn't matter, its her views that are scary. She is 18 and she is anti abortion and pro guns, hell i'm more worried about who voted for her considering what she was running for and who she beat. 

she is representing a very small group of youth. The sort of youth who can defer classes and drop 4k on an election.  Hell, she may be 18 but her views are very old age.

edit: oh a look bit of googling and her father is a state senator.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:58 am

Yeah I knew her father was a state senator and that she's Republican. I still think 18 is too young to be a lawmaker even if she has good political views.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:21 am

people are meant to get more conservative as time goes by so for her to be sitting where she is now is quite worrying but i don't see the problem with her being a lawmaker at 18? its not like life experience will make it easier. experience doing it will make it easier.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:38 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    vel wrote:My morning shit looked like one of those Chinese letters/characters, who wants to see the pic
    Yes please!
    pic NSFW

Spoiler:
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:48 am

wtf just got two emails from world of warcraft saying someone spent £40 on shit for me. It seems to be actually from the real company too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:51 am

A secret elven admirer.

Speaking of elves, the new Battle of the Five Armies trailer looks good.
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:46 am

Elves down, dwarves up.

Speaking of which hard to believe that before Shadow of Modor, Lego The Hobbit was the best game to come out of the LOTR franchise. lol
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:48 am

That Lego game was pretty damn good. shifty
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:58 am

Lego games are pretty decent in general. With the exception of the Harry Potter one and the Lego Movie game I've picked all of them up since the Star Wars ones.

The kids love em, plus they kill time because there is always lots to collect.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:07 pm

The only games I've platinum'd are Lego Indiana Jones and LOTR. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:12 pm

I think the LOTR: Two Towers made for PS2 was pretty good. That being said, it, LOTR: Return of the King, and another LOTR RPG that was so crappy that I was forgot its name are the only ones I've played. Oh, and one GBA game. That one was cool too.
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:21 pm

Was two towers the one were you could fight as either Gimli, Aragorn, or the elf; and they each had there ranged and melee attacks and Gimli's range attack were throwing axes?

If that's the one, then yeah that one was awesome. Played it such a looooooong time ago.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:15 am

Childish Logic wrote:people are meant to get more conservative as time goes by so for her to be sitting where she is now is quite worrying but i don't see the problem with her being a lawmaker at 18? its not like life experience will make it easier. experience doing it will make it easier.

It's more the fact that she doesn't have a good enough education.  At 18, she's probably a freshman in college.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:17 am

Free_Mustache_Rides wrote:Was two towers the one were you could fight as either Gimli, Aragorn, or the elf; and they each had there ranged and melee attacks and Gimli's range attack were throwing axes?

If that's the one, then yeah that one was awesome. Played it such a looooooong time ago.

I think that's the one. I loved it just cause it was multi player and I could play with my bros on the consoles.

I remember another multi player on the same console RPG that was fun too. Might have been Baulders Gate. It's not often you got a good game with a multiplayer campaign so I relished them. Think the last one I played was Borderlands.

I don't think I'm a gamer anymore really though. Not played anything for months, not even Fifa. I just use my PS3 for netflix these days. I like the idea of games, I just can't be bothered playing them. Sad
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:21 am

Warrington Town in the FA cup on BBC2 tonight as the big FA cup minnows of this round.

I live in Warrington, so that's a pretty big deal here.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:18 am

Nobody cares

I just bought the premium version of FM15 Genie Scout, who wants the link for the download
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:21 am

whoops

Chat Thread - Page 4 49154ef22467c3a7ff4a3b4472b43e0f
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:27 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Free_Mustache_Rides wrote:Was two towers the one were you could fight as either Gimli, Aragorn, or the elf; and they each had there ranged and melee attacks and Gimli's range attack were throwing axes?

I think that's the one. I loved it just cause it was multi player and I could play with my bros on the consoles.

I remember another multi player on the same console RPG that was fun too. Might have been Baulders Gate. It's not often you got a good game with a multiplayer campaign so I relished them. Think the last one I played was Borderlands.

I don't think I'm a gamer anymore really though. Not played anything for months, not even Fifa. I just use my PS3 for netflix these days. I like the idea of games, I just can't be bothered playing them. Sad
    That's the game indeed.

Same boat here. I read gaming articles, and watch trailers, but the closest I come to gaming outside of playing FIFA (which haven't played in months since I didn't bother getting 15) is watching cutscene compilations on YT.
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:15 am

I watch YouTube compilations of fighting games. I love the characters in fighting games but I don't like fighting games. I've watched every live action and animated thing out there on street fighter but the last street fighter game I've owned was street fighter II that came out in 1992.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:46 am

Zzonked wrote:

I was like this for a little bit, i went possibly 5-6 months without getting close to the playstation. I suddenly got an urge to play and went on fifa + shadow of mordor hard for a week or so. I can't wait for my exams to finish so i can go back to fifa tho.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:58 am

vel wrote:Nobody cares

I just bought the premium version of FM15 Genie Scout, who wants the link for the download

Warrington town won now u lil bish who cares now huh? You, that's who.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:17 am

https://i.imgur.com/5pWEo9q.webm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:08 pm