Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
SophisticatedBeggar
dena
Childish Logic
Dagbon
Jordi
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
FCB
Sean
Moose
Grenade
Stranger
Free_Mustache_Rides
SBSP
Zzonked
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
El_indian
Scott_LFC
Ra's al Ghul
Keyser Söze
Glen Miller
26 posters

Chat Thread

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Chat Thread Empty Chat Thread

Post by Glen Miller Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:41 am

Does Tintin count?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Chat Thread Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:48 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:
    Thanks for the recommendations. Yeah I've read Hellboy, Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns (+Year One, Strikes Back, The Killing Joke and a few other Batman ones) and V for Vendetta.

I always keep meaning to read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen so I'll give that a go. Transmetropolitan (now I know where you EA username is from  Laughing  )Hellblazer, Swamp Thing and Y the Last Man look pretty good so I'll try them.

Are you into anything like Ghost World/Maus/Palestine?

I read Maus many years back and literally just bought Palestine last week. Going to read it and I'll try to get Footnotes in Gaza as well if I can find it here. I know of Ghost World but I've never read it. I don't know if you've heard of Persepolis but that's another one that has strong political undertones which I've read. I really disliked it, though.

I liked Maus, I don't really like WW themed stuff but this was an exception. What were your thoughts? And again, Ghost World wasn't something I'd usually like but the art style drew me in and it ended up being a pretty decent read purely because it was so different.

I see Persepolis and Persepolis 2 mentioned a lot but the drawing style isn't something I'd ordinarily like and I've seen Iranian films which I've found absolutely dull so I'm not sure I'd like it. Plus you've basically confirmed it's shit.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:09 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

I read Maus many years back and literally just bought Palestine last week. Going to read it and I'll try to get Footnotes in Gaza as well if I can find it here. I know of Ghost World but I've never read it. I don't know if you've heard of Persepolis but that's another one that has strong political undertones which I've read. I really disliked it, though.

I liked Maus, I don't really like WW themed stuff but this was an exception. What were your thoughts? And again, Ghost World wasn't something I'd usually like but the art style drew me in and it ended up being a pretty decent read purely because it was so different.

I see Persepolis and Persepolis 2 mentioned a lot but the drawing style isn't something I'd ordinarily like and I've seen Iranian films which I've found absolutely dull so I'm not sure I'd like it. Plus you've basically confirmed it's shit.

I can't recall too much about Maus since I read it when I was quite young but I remember being really liking it at the time. Probably need to re-read it to see how it compares to other Holocaust-themed material that I've seen/read since then. As for Ghost World, I'll probably watch the film first to see if it interests me. Have you seen it and if so then how does it compare?

You should consider checking Persepolis out, it's universally lauded after all. I dislike it because the author practically comes across as a self-absorbed whiny bitch but maybe you'll disagree. Regarding Iranian films, my (extremely limited) experience has actually been quite positive. I'd strongly recommend Close-Up by Abbas Kiarostami, one of the best films I've ever seen.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:42 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

I can't recall too much about Maus since I read it when I was quite young but I remember being really liking it at the time. Probably need to re-read it to see how it compares to other Holocaust-themed material that I've seen/read since then. As for Ghost World, I'll probably watch the film first to see if it interests me. Have you seen it and if so then how does it compare?

You should consider checking Persepolis out, it's universally lauded after all. I dislike it because the author practically comes across as a self-absorbed whiny bitch but maybe you'll disagree. Regarding Iranian films, my (extremely limited) experience has actually been quite positive. I'd strongly recommend Close-Up by Abbas Kiarostami, one of the best films I've ever seen.
    Haven't seen the film yet, I'm not sure how it would translate to film but it seems to be very well reviewed.

As far as Iranian films I've seen Offside, A Separation and The Day I Became a Woman. I didn't really like any of them or find any interesting, I'm not sure if it's because they all had a womanly (maybe not A Separation so much) theme but I just didn't like them. That's why I'm not sure I'd like Persepolis, I don't like the whole "I'm a women trying to live my life in middle eastern/islamic oppression" thing if that is what Persepolis is like.

I Googled Close-Up and it sounds very interesting so maybe I've just been watching the wrong Iranian films Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:05 am

Ffs, I am in love. Especially when she starts smiling. When will it be my turn?

Feel like committing knowing it'll never be my turn to get a HBB like this.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:07 am

3/10. Would not bang.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:11 am

Chat Thread F7atl
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:13 am

A little yellower and that kid actually would look a lot like me.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Dystopian stuff. Any superhero ones where it's got a dark-ish theme or if the main characters are sort of anti-heros. Also liked Black Hole, Ghost World and From Hell.

Also, I'd probably read anything really if the art style appeals to me.

http://injusticegodsamongus.wikia.com/wiki/Injustice:_Gods_Among_Us_Comic
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:17 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

Haven't seen the film yet, I'm not sure how it would translate to film but it seems to be very well reviewed.

As far as Iranian films I've seen Offside, A Separation and The Day I Became a Woman. I didn't really like any of them or find any interesting, I'm not sure if it's because they all had a womanly (maybe not A Separation so much) theme but I just didn't like them. That's why I'm not sure I'd like Persepolis, I don't like the whole "I'm a women trying to live my life in middle eastern/islamic oppression" thing if that is what Persepolis is like.

I Googled Close-Up and it sounds very interesting so maybe I've just been watching the wrong Iranian films Laughing

rofl That's exactly what Persepolis is like. It's filled with predictable orientalist stereotypes and what's worse is that the author genuinely believes that her account of events doesn't succumb to simplifying things into black and white despite portraying her family as liberal saints while depicting proponents of the Iranian revolution unreservedly as radical maniacs.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:24 am

Decided to use my wildcard for fantasy football went from this in week 3:
    Chat Thread Bb6918fd75f8ef6aa178a101ee71f806

Gamble on Villa backfired

To:
    Chat Thread 94326aa4f0227b972944c00948b598b3

Anyone I'm obviously missing? Was thinking of Silva over Ramsey but my Arsenal bias hasn't got rid of him yet, decided to go with Di Maria over Fabregas - Squad is a lot stronger now at least. Going with Cahill over Ivanovic really shot me in the foot aswell.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:30 am

You got to try and squeeze Sterling in there somehow.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:35 am

Also went for players that aren't in an overwhelming percentage of people's teams (Except for Ramsey and Costa). Sterling has been chosen by like 46%, just went for Gerrard in the hope that YNWA JFT96 LFC get a lot of penalties this season. Smile
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:41 am

Henderson? Fair enough, he's gotten 2 assists already, but he doesn't normally.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:46 am

Chat Thread 83d8f087a05091c94e6c9f4a88048563
    Not much to pick really, rather Henderson than any of those
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Zaha is available for 5.4m, might get a few goals/assists for Palace this year.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 am

Ben Arfa for Hull maybe?
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:34 am

Xbox One is out for delivery.  Run

Haven't been this excited since the Backstreet Boys got back together.  shifty

Sucks that I have to wait until the end of the month for FIFA 15 to come out. I've bought the FIFA World Cup game and it feels like a big improvement from FIFA 14 so I can't go back even though I want to play with some Liga MX teams.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:52 am

FIFA 15 demo is out.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:37 am

SBSP wrote:Ben Arfa for Hull maybe?

Decent shout, he may be the focal point of their team so he get a good share of the points.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:05 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Chat Thread F7atl

rofl rofl rofl
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:32 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

She is obviously very attractive, but something about her face just rubs me up the wrong way. Like when you see a guy with a face that you just wanna punch, but for some reason this time it's happened with an attractive girl.

I clicked on another of her videos to see if it was just a one off, but she did this face and said "elevador" instead of "lift" (elevator) and I wanted to puke.

Chat Thread RF6J9BR
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:44 am

Zzonked wrote:Zaha is available for 5.4m, might get a few goals/assists for Palace this year.
    I think there's gonna be too many times where he doesn't score any significant points and just gets appearances.
    SBSP wrote:Ben Arfa for Hull maybe?
    Probably a better shout than Zaha, but still probably the same problem, at least with Henderson Liverpool will score a lot of goals so he has the chance to get involved on a lot of them and also more likely to keep clean sheets for the bonus midfield points.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:23 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

She is obviously very attractive, but something about her face just rubs me up the wrong way. Like when you see a guy with a face that you just wanna punch, but for some reason this time it's happened with an attractive girl.

I clicked on another of her videos to see if it was just a one off, but she did this face and said "elevador" instead of "lift" (elevator) and I wanted to puke.

Chat Thread RF6J9BR

rofl

Fuck you man.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Chat Thread 10592691_10203895980936406_2310030791325823884_n

Chat Thread 10592691_10203895980976407_2698012186169027300_n

What a bitch. I confess my true, undying love for her, occompanied with a crying emoticon to convey my true emotion and she responds with that?

Feel like going Stan on her ass.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:02 am

Chip, is that you?
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:15 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Chat Thread 83d8f087a05091c94e6c9f4a88048563
    Not much to pick really, rather Henderson than any of those

Dyer could be good.

Edit: Oh, on your bench.

Last edited by Stranger on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Chat Thread 10592691_10203895980936406_2310030791325823884_n

Chat Thread 10592691_10203895980976407_2698012186169027300_n

What a bitch. I confess my true, undying love for her, occompanied with a crying emoticon to convey my true emotion and she responds with that?

Feel like going Stan on her ass.
    I know this is a tough time for you, but if you want some advice, a shoulder to cry on, or just a nice chat with an experienced lover, I am always here for you.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:42 am

her crewneck in that video is blessed
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:01 am

Apparently Maicon was sent home and separated from the squad by Dunga after Maico ejaculated into David Luiz's shampoo as a prank. 

i see what you did t

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:57 am