Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Mason
Jay
eidinger
Alan
Scuba Steve
Childish Logic
JonjoShelvey
Ki
SBSP
Ra's al Ghul
Zzonked
Phadunkin Donuts
Jordan Henderchip
Keyser Söze
El_indian
Theo Filippo
Dagbon
The Zlatan
Scott M
23 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Dagbon
    Dagbon

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Dagbon Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:59 am

In the midst of all this back and forth attempted trolling I'm going to give my honest opinion. Arsenal could've absolutely signed Suarez if it wasn't for that 40,000,001 bid. With that they showed that they had contact with his agent over a supposed buyout clause, indicating that one of Suarez or his agent was pushing for the move. But you guys fucked it up by making this painfully obvious with the plus one pound bid. When has a club ever bid a lump sum plus one? It shows a lack or respect, information being leaked, plus it'd mean selling to what the club sees as a rival for fourth. If you'd bid a nice round sum you probably wouldn't have pissed off the owners, and we'd be forced to move on an unsettled player.

Suarez is reportedly signing a contract extension. This is obviously so that there will be an actual buyout clause this time around. If you gunners can make champions league again this year, buy Suarez please. The talent will be missed but we need players who actually want to play for Liverpool and not some generic Champions League club.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:01 am

Moriarty wrote:I normally let you guys battle it out, but I won't have a bad word said against DStudge in this thread.

Carry on.
    He is shit. Yeah, I said it.
    Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 Sturridge-dance
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:01 am

My friend, we were after DStudge in the summer, if I recall correctly. He was the chosen one, Walcott was just a fleeting thought because his contract was low. Rolling Eyes
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:01 am

Dagbon wrote:In the midst of all this back and forth attempted trolling I'm going to give my honest opinion. Arsenal could've absolutely signed Suarez if it wasn't for that 40,000,001 bid. With that they showed that they had contact with his agent over a supposed buyout clause, indicating that one of Suarez or his agent was pushing for the move. But you guys fucked it up by making this painfully obvious with the plus one pound bid. When has a club ever bid a lump sum plus one? It shows a lack or respect, information being leaked, plus it'd mean selling to what the club sees as a rival for fourth. If you'd bid a nice round sum you probably wouldn't have pissed off the owners, and we'd be forced to move on an unsettled player.

Suarez is reportedly signing a contract extension. This is obviously so that there will be an actual buyout clause this time around. If you gunners can make champions league again this year, buy Suarez please. The talent will be missed but we need players who actually want to play for Liverpool and not some generic Champions League club.
    Clause would be at what we value him, though. Which has been said to be £60 million. No-way will Arsenal pay that.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:04 am

Dagbon wrote:In the midst of all this back and forth attempted trolling I'm going to give my honest opinion. Arsenal could've absolutely signed Suarez if it wasn't for that 40,000,001 bid. With that they showed that they had contact with his agent over a supposed buyout clause, indicating that one of Suarez or his agent was pushing for the move. But you guys fucked it up by making this painfully obvious with the plus one pound bid. When has a club ever bid a lump sum plus one? It shows a lack or respect, information being leaked, plus it'd mean selling to what the club sees as a rival for fourth. If you'd bid a nice round sum you probably wouldn't have pissed off the owners, and we'd be forced to move on an unsettled player.

I don't think the "plus one" was the deciding factor, I just think it irked Henry a bit. I really do think that Henry saw this as an opportunity to win the fans over by valuing Suarez unrealistically and casting himself as "one of the lads." You could see that with his quite disrespectful tweet about Wenger & co's drug habits. I always thought that Henry was just bargaining and hoping for 45 million or so, but Arsenal have stalled, Real Madrid are looking elsewhere, and we're stuck with our greatest player since Michael Owen.

I'd be delighted if that were the case. Put in a nice handsome release clause and make a ridiculous profit all while we keep our best player for another season. YNWA
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:05 am

Moriarty wrote:My friend, we were after DStudge in the summer, if I recall correctly.  He was the chosen one, Walcott was just a fleeting thought because his contract was low. Rolling Eyes
    Mf, you spent most of your summer chasing Sahin on a loan deal only to play him out of position Rolling Eyes 
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:06 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Moriarty wrote:My friend, we were after DStudge in the summer, if I recall correctly.  He was the chosen one, Walcott was just a fleeting thought because his contract was low. Rolling Eyes
    Mf, you spent most of your summer chasing Sahin on a loan deal only to play him out of position Rolling Eyes 
    That was probably Stevie G Captain Fantastic YNWA's fault. Rolling Eyes 
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:07 am

Liverpool have been the disrespectful ones throughout this whole saga. Its been an embarrassment by them.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:07 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    There we go. He was on the verge of signing for Arsenal and ended up here. Great pulling power, Arsenal!
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:07 am

Scott M wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:Arsenal are one of the top clubs is Europe and one of the top clubs in England. If a player was given the opportunity to join Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool, and all other teams that finished below them, 9 times out of 10 that player would choose Arsenal. That to me is pulling power. Envied by most - considering Arsenal are in the top 5th of the league and all 16 clubs below them aren't, I'd say 'most'.
    Haha, that's pathetic. And there's me thinking you meant pulling power over teams world-wide. Not just the Premier League. Lmao. Embarrassing.
     Well, we have pulling power over teams worldwide too. Arsenal are one of the top 10 clubs in the world and have been for many years.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:09 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Liverpool have been the disrespectful ones throughout this whole saga. Its been an embarrassment by them.
    Agreed. You've got Henry with his taunts, Rodgers with his oath breaking (a habit, it would seem-based on the Joe Allen signing), as well as our ridiculous monetary demands.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:09 am

Moriarty wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Mf, you spent most of your summer chasing Sahin on a loan deal only to play him out of position Rolling Eyes 
    That was probably Stevie G Captain Fantastic YNWA's fault. Rolling Eyes 
    Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 Ib1NK8ZDIf20eo

Replace Lennon with Sahin and that's what Stevie did to him, disgraceful Rolling Eyes
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:11 am

We pulled out of the Sahin deal because Real Madrid once again were being unreasonable to their rivals. Smile
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:11 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Mf, you spent most of your summer chasing Sahin on a loan deal only to play him out of position Rolling Eyes 
    There we go. He was on the verge of signing for Arsenal and ended up here. Great pulling power, Arsenal!
    He wanted Arsenal but he ended up at Liverpool because we ended our interest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19364375
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:12 am

Neil Lennon is also quite a stocky man, so for him to even be moved an inch by that shove pays testament to the force Stevie G Captain Fantastic YNWA put in. A slender, athletic man like Sahin would have been sent tumbling.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:13 am

Why are we even arguing over that decrepit failure?
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:14 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Scott M wrote:Haha, that's pathetic. And there's me thinking you meant pulling power over teams world-wide. Not just the Premier League. Lmao. Embarrassing.
     Well, we have pulling power over teams worldwide too. Arsenal are one of the top 10 clubs in the world and have been for many years.
    Top 10? rofl

Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Burussia Dortmund, PSG, Monaco, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Napoli and Juventus all have more pulling power than Arsenal.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 am

Monaco, Inter, AC and Napoli.. really?
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 am

Scott M wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote: Well, we have pulling power over teams worldwide too. Arsenal are one of the top 10 clubs in the world and have been for many years.
    Top 10? rofl

Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Burussia Dortmund, PSG, Monaco, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Napoli and Juventus all have more pulling power than Arsenal.
     Well, not top 10, top 7 if really want to be specific.

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 7c46708ae9d97c6a5588ee1540791083
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 am

Moriarty wrote:Why are we even arguing over that decrepit failure?
    Because he would have flourished at Arsenal but instead Liverpool almost crippled him as a footballer. Thank God Dortmund saved him and allowed his true skills to shine through and help carry them to the CL final.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:16 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Scott M wrote:Top 10? rofl

Well, not top 10, top 7 if really want to be specific.

That's not based on pulling power though, is it? Which is what this is all about.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:17 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Monaco, Inter, AC and Napoli.. really?
    Monaco has the edge over a certain type of player, I guess. Napoli has really only had pulling power because of a one-off windfall this summer. Inter & AC...well, they just don't, except for Italian players, I guess. think 
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:18 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Because he would have flourished at Arsenal but instead Liverpool almost crippled him as a footballer. Thank God Dortmund saved him and allowed his true skills to shine through and help carry them to the CL final.
    Mf, he was cup-tied, I thought. Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 3925848005 
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:19 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    You really are clueless.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:20 am

Scott M wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote: Well, not top 10, top 7 if really want to be specific.

That's not based on pulling power though, is it? Which is what this is all about.
    You misunderstood my other post then, because I'm talking about better football clubs not pulling power for this particular part of the discussion. Even so, it translates to pulling power.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:20 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Scott M wrote:That's not based on pulling power though, is it? Which is what this is all about.
    You misunderstood my other post then, because I'm talking about better football clubs not pulling power for this particular part of the discussion. Even so, it translates to pulling power.
    Then you're wandering away from the original point of this discussion.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:21 am

Benfica is better than Arsenal, then. Rolling Eyes 
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:22 am

Scott M wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:You misunderstood my other post then, because I'm talking about better football clubs not pulling power for this particular part of the discussion. Even so, it translates to pulling power.
    Then you're wandering away from the original point of this discussion.
     I just stated at the end of the post that you've just quoted. Are you blind? 

If you really want me to be as clear as a freshly cleaned crystal then Arsenal are one of the top 10 clubs worldwide. They are also in the unofficial pulling power top 10 clubs...???
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:22 am

Moriarty wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Because he would have flourished at Arsenal but instead Liverpool almost crippled him as a footballer. Thank God Dortmund saved him and allowed his true skills to shine through and help carry them to the CL final.
    Mf, he was cup-tied, I thought. Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 3925848005 
    Why would he be cup tied ? Liverpool haven't been able to cup tie a CL player in 4 years Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 17 3925848005 

He came on in the final during the 92 minute but unfortunately couldn't drag his team to glory. No doubt because of those 6 crippling months at Liverpool.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:22 am

Moriarty wrote:Benfica is better than Arsenal, then. Rolling Eyes 
    Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:48 am