Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
JonjoShelvey
Zzonked
Start.
Ben 10
Dedge
Phadunkin Donuts
Laurencio
arsenalap11
Jord
Jeff
Mouse
Dean
Gegilworld93
Alaba v2
Glen Miller
Cadbury
Bushido
Grenade
Harrold
Danny
SBSP
PrideOfTheMidlands
Forest
Jordan Henderchip
Sean
Mustangt125
Kuled
CollieBuddz
George
JamieB
Muhkoo
Childish Logic
The Zlatan
samiz
Cam
Carlos Jenkinson
El Jefe
Theo Filippo
AndItsKoren!
El_indian
Scouser_Dave
ricky//habana
46 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by AndItsKoren! Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:33 am

El Jefe wrote:How have you come to the conclusion that Rodgers had made Sterling look better than he is?

All the guy can do is run fast, he is visibly poor at everything else. Rodgers has just used him in a way that makes him look good, which is good management obviously. Liverpool are a slow team, any pace is going to get the fans excited.

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    AndItsKoren! wrote:Who knows what Le Tissier would have been like at a club that wasn't his favourite and he wasn't the main man. Look at Berbatov.

I don't see how Sturridge playing up front makes him more likely to score goals. One thing Rodgers seems to be able to do is make poor wingers look way better than they are, Sinclair, Dyer and Sterling.

Sill doesn't take anything away from Le Tissier. Just because he was the main man at a small club doesn't mean he wasn't a quality footballer.

You don't see how playing a player in his favourite position will get him to score goals? seriously? Laughing Sturridge started his career as a striker and has more years of experience in that position, so is more likely to get more goals from that position. Also the Sterling comment is a pathetic dig.

The Sterling comment is justified. As for Sturridge, I'm going to accept your opinion. I forgot Liverpool are no longer a top team so using him similar to how Bolton used him would be a good idea. For top teams such as Chelsea, he performed well as an inside forward, probably due to service.

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:Why would Llorente want to go to Liverpool? this isn't a closed question I actually want to know. If Arsenal had the option of buying a player from Korea or a player from England for an extra 5m or so I'd buy their hands off for the English player. You'd think FSG would want to build a young loyal British core that are willing to come to Liverpool with good performances and possible good resale value. The Premier League isn't English anymore that's for sure, there should be more pride in British players who are capable, for the ones that are anyway

Why wouldn't Llorente want to come to Liverpool? I'd rather we signed the best possible players for the cheapest price regardless of them being foreign or not.
    Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 207657 Maybe because there are 6 or 7 bigger clubs that would also want his services.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Liverpool were the only club genuinely interested in Suarez, Spurs were nowhere near close to signing him and Liverpool are behind Spurs by a fair distance.

Suarez could have easily declined our offer and waited until the summer where he would have probably had better offers. Going for players like Llorente would close the gap on us and Spurs, how else would you suggest we catch up?
    True, but he came off a season where he scored 50 goals for Ajax and had a strong world cup campaign yet nobody made a move for him that summer.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:37 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Suarez could have easily declined our offer and waited until the summer where he would have probably had better offers. Going for players like Llorente would close the gap on us and Spurs, how else would you suggest we catch up?
    True, but he came off a season where he scored 50 goals for Ajax and had a strong world cup campaign yet nobody made a move for him that summer.

There's no surprise Barcelona want him mate
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:40 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:
    El Jefe wrote:How have you come to the conclusion that Rodgers had made Sterling look better than he is?

All the guy can do is run fast, he is visibly poor at everything else. Rodgers has just used him in a way that makes him look good, which is good management obviously. Liverpool are a slow team, any pace is going to get the fans excited.

Scouser_Dave wrote:

Sill doesn't take anything away from Le Tissier. Just because he was the main man at a small club doesn't mean he wasn't a quality footballer.

You don't see how playing a player in his favourite position will get him to score goals? seriously? Laughing Sturridge started his career as a striker and has more years of experience in that position, so is more likely to get more goals from that position. Also the Sterling comment is a pathetic dig.

The Sterling comment is justified. As for Sturridge, I'm going to accept your opinion. I forgot Liverpool are no longer a top team so using him similar to how Bolton used him would be a good idea. For top teams such as Chelsea, he performed well as an inside forward, probably due to service.

Scouser_Dave wrote:

Why wouldn't Llorente want to come to Liverpool? I'd rather we signed the best possible players for the cheapest price regardless of them being foreign or not.
    Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 207657 Maybe because there are 6 or 7 bigger clubs that would also want his services.

Sturridge will get more goals upfront and it's been proven as a fact. So I don't know where you are going with this argument.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:43 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

That could have something to do with the bad press he was getting for being a cheat.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:True, but he came off a season where he scored 50 goals for Ajax and had a strong world cup campaign yet nobody made a move for him that summer.

That could have something to do with the bad press he was getting for being a cheat.
    Doubt it.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:29 am

Comolli reveals reason for Ince’s Liverpool departure

Former Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli has revealed the reasons for Thomas Ince’s departure from Anfield 18 months ago.

Ince, 20, is expected to return to Liverpool in the opening days of the January transfer window, with reports that a £4m deal has been agreed with Blackpool.

Ince left Liverpool for the Seasiders in August 2011 for a compensation fee of £250,000 after his contract expired and the player felt best to leave the club.

Comolli has insisted that Ince was “never released” and that the club made several attempts to keep the player.

“When I arrived (at Liverpool in November 2010) Tom was at the end of his contract,” Comolli explained to talkSPORT radio.

“One of the first things I did was meet him and his dad, and Paul was concerned the style of play (under Roy Hodgson) was not suited to his son, who was a quick winger.”

“When Roy went I think we made four or five contract offers to Tom which he kept turning down…he didn’t feel it was the right place for him to stay.

“The last offer would have made him the highest-earning player beneath the first team but to be fair to him I don’t think money was the issue.

“We never released him. You don’t release a player like this, you can’t force him to stay. I am very pleased that he is doing well. If they buy him back, good for him and good for Liverpool.”

Ince is expected to arrive along with another young, fast, attacking English player in January – with Liverpool reported to have agreed a £12m fee for Daniel Sturridge.

Meanwhile, Comolli has urged teenage starlet Raheem Sterling to commit his long term future at Anfield.

“My advice would be sign the contract and stay at Liverpool unless there is something which makes him really uncomfortable,” said the Frenchman.

“We tried to look after Raheem as much as we could – he was really a long-term project – and I think he should commit.

“I really don’t think money should be an issue. He is 18 and it is going to be one of many contracts he is going to sign and he is going to end up being a wealthy individual.

“The important contract, if you are money-orientated, is the one you sign when you are 31 not 18.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/12/comolli-reveals-reason-for-inces-liverpool-departure/

-----

Times are reporting that Sturridge will be on 60 grand a week.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 am

Boston Daily saying FSG are giving Rodgers £40m to spend. Probably bullshit
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:40 am

Bit worried about us signing Sturridge and Ince. Means we have 3 black forward players. How's Suarez going to react?
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 am

Laughing

I get excited when we sign any new player really but to be honest I have my doubts about Sturridge and Ince. They're not exactly proven however I'd rather play Sturridge than Sterling/Downing/Assaidi
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 am

samiz wrote:Laughing

I get excited when we sign any new player really but to be honest I have my doubts about Sturridge and Ince. They're not exactly proven however I'd rather play Sturridge than Sterling/Downing/Assaidi

It'll be nice to have more options up front though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 am

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
    Raheem Sterling is expected to sign a new contract with #LFC in the coming days. More on @BBCSport shortly ...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20792252
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:57 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Yaaaa
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 am

S. wrote:Bit worried about us signing Sturridge and Ince. Means we have 3 black forward players. How's Suarez going to react?

Hand in a transfer request and join Chelsea, probably.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:25 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    S. wrote:Bit worried about us signing Sturridge and Ince. Means we have 3 black forward players. How's Suarez going to react?

Hand in a transfer request and join Chelsea, probably.

Or Zenit.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:03 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Comolli reveals reason for Ince’s Liverpool departure

Former Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli has revealed the reasons for Thomas Ince’s departure from Anfield 18 months ago.

Ince, 20, is expected to return to Liverpool in the opening days of the January transfer window, with reports that a £4m deal has been agreed with Blackpool.

Ince left Liverpool for the Seasiders in August 2011 for a compensation fee of £250,000 after his contract expired and the player felt best to leave the club.

Comolli has insisted that Ince was “never released” and that the club made several attempts to keep the player.

“When I arrived (at Liverpool in November 2010) Tom was at the end of his contract,” Comolli explained to talkSPORT radio.

“One of the first things I did was meet him and his dad, and Paul was concerned the style of play (under Roy Hodgson) was not suited to his son, who was a quick winger.”

“When Roy went I think we made four or five contract offers to Tom which he kept turning down…he didn’t feel it was the right place for him to stay.

“The last offer would have made him the highest-earning player beneath the first team but to be fair to him I don’t think money was the issue.

“We never released him. You don’t release a player like this, you can’t force him to stay. I am very pleased that he is doing well. If they buy him back, good for him and good for Liverpool.”

Ince is expected to arrive along with another young, fast, attacking English player in January – with Liverpool reported to have agreed a £12m fee for Daniel Sturridge.

Meanwhile, Comolli has urged teenage starlet Raheem Sterling to commit his long term future at Anfield.

“My advice would be sign the contract and stay at Liverpool unless there is something which makes him really uncomfortable,” said the Frenchman.

“We tried to look after Raheem as much as we could – he was really a long-term project – and I think he should commit.

“I really don’t think money should be an issue. He is 18 and it is going to be one of many contracts he is going to sign and he is going to end up being a wealthy individual.

“The important contract, if you are money-orientated, is the one you sign when you are 31 not 18.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/12/comolli-reveals-reason-for-inces-liverpool-departure/

-----

Times are reporting that Sturridge will be on 60 grand a week.

'We sold Van Persie for football reasons'
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 am

You did. Rvp wanted to win trophies
    You couldn't give him that
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:42 am

This has been an interesting read, I think that Carlos Jenkinson in particular brought up some intriguing points. It is unfortunate that Scouser_Dave cannot face the truth and would rather the club humiliates itself by either sending in pathetic offers for players way out of our league, or below our level. I don't see how he can support bids for Llorente and the Championship dwelling Thomas Ince, yet not support the signing of a perfectly good player who is reasonably within our level. I am genuinely confused.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Childish Logic wrote:You did. Rvp wanted to win trophies
    You couldn't give him that

Yeah... you don't know what you're talking about here
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

A lot made a move which made the then greedy and scared(budget issues coming up from the 6th year of no titles yet highest goal tally since Cruijff) Ajax board up the price by £12m more than what Liverpool eventually got him for. United were one of the first and no doubt that deal would have happened had the Ajax board not been unreasonable, he then had a poor fall period where he ended up biting a player and goes to Liverpool for much less than what they could have gotten playing the cards right in the summer.

I seem to drop in a lot on these club threads when Ajax gets invovled study
    Suarez was right to deny his winners medal from that Ajax season, he nearly cost it and brought in the club much less than he should
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Raheem Sterling from £2000 per week to £30,000 per week

= Earning £120,000 a month = £1,440,000 a year.

Does anybody actually think he's worth that?
    JamieB
    JamieB

Supports : Manchester United

Post by JamieB Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:23 pm

I thought he was on £300 a week? sure i heard that on here Laughing
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Templeton7|RFC wrote:Raheem Sterling from £2000 per week to £30,000 per week

Liverpool does.

English players overrated Razz
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Templeton7|RFC wrote:Raheem Sterling from £2000 per week to £30,000 per week

No.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:19 pm

He should be getting paid £250-500 per week ... £250 a week is like the average for an adult in a normal job.

He's 18 ffs, almost 1 and a half million pound a year is just silly at his age. How can somebody spend that responsibly. Next month, it'll be in the paper that he's bought a new car, house etc etc. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Templeton7|RFC wrote:He should be getting paid £250-500 per week ... £250 a week is like the average for an adult in a normal job.
    No he fucking shouldn't, he's playing weekly in a Sport that brings in absolute fucking millions on him playing football on TV and such, he should get loads of money.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Lol, it's amusing watching Arsenal fans trying to troll, especially when their own team is dog-shit at the moment.

Neither Arsenal nor Liverpool will get 4th this season, so everybody should just shut up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm

S. wrote:Lol, it's amusing watching Arsenal fans trying to troll, especially when their own team is dog-shit at the moment.

Neither Arsenal nor Liverpool will get 4th this season, so everybody should just shut up.
    Arsenal will, maybe third.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:27 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Templeton7|RFC wrote:He should be getting paid £250-500 per week ... £250 a week is like the average for an adult in a normal job.
    No he fucking shouldn't, he's playing weekly in a Sport that brings in absolute fucking millions on him playing football on TV and such, he should get loads of money.

If either of us had £1.4million for a years work, it'd last beyond your death if you spent it responsibly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:18 am