Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Official Rugby League Thread

ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Official Rugby League Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Rugby League Thread

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Just seen this posted on our forum.

Hi Guys, Ok ive been reading some of the posts on administration here and a small minority have been living in a bubble regarding our position in Superleague and as a franchise.

The truth is were in serious trouble, not just a slight hiccup but literally weeks away from a huge fall from Grace. The club are seriously misleading the supporters, we have been quoted as saying that we need a backer, this we know and have done for years. The RFL and other clubs have been alerted to the fact we are in financial free-fall. We are about to enter administration, Matty Smith was sold early to pay not only Holdsworth but Creditors, The deal was ignited by Salford NOT Wigan hence why Wigan refuse to admit how much the fee was. The Willows and its owner (Ian Watson) were under huge pressure from the council to provide the blueprints for affordable housing as soon as the move from the willows was complete, This has not happened because The board have the intention of returning to the Willows due to the club entering administration and being ejected from super league. An ex employee was recently made "redundant" the word redundant was used to protect the club from criticism ..this is because the auditors discovered this person had been "fleecing" the club financially for YEARS. Wilky hasn't got the heart anymore (Thats not to be derogative)

The club had the rent halved upon Sale agreeing to move in, So we know pay £300K A YEAR , How on earth can we afford that with only 2 home games per month AVG just over 5000 att, the income then needs to pay Players,Backroom Staff,Training Facilities,Gym Memberships,Overseas Players housing costs etc...The numbers just aren't going to work.

Remember when we left The Willows, ST holders were promised TURF, There was also going to be an auction of Willows interior and exterior, This again hasnt come to fruition, The reason why= The Board know we may be heading back to The Willows as a championship team!

This thread isn't about Malicious gossip but facts, Those currently in an employed position at Salford RLFC do not have their heart in the job, Any marketing you have seen from the club has been done by a guy called Chris Bird, NOT our Marketing team. The promotion that was done for The Leeds Rhino's Game was paid for and produced by The Salford City Stadium because Salford RLFC had NO money.

The club have shown utter contempt to the supporters, Ignoring our concerns,Lack of communication and lack of transparancy. THIS needs to stop, we need to demand a Supporters meeting so Salford can disuss our future, Dont forget some supporters were asked to pledge a 5 year season ticket which a lot of us did, Now they have had our money what do we do if we dont last 5 years?

Please take this post in good faith. Its not a topic that that's purely here to cause uproar but WE the loyal supporters need answers and NOW before we have to witness OUR club die before our eyes.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's true to be fair..
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 pm

I don't really want us to get Luiluai (is that how you spell it) I want us to try and get Sironen from the Tigers

Sironen and Johnson would be great in the halves for us Very Happy
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:40 am

Chip wrote:I don't really want us to get Luiluai (is that how you spell it) I want us to try and get Sironen from the Tigers

Sironen and Johnson would be great in the halves for us Very Happy
    Who do you support in Super League?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:02 am

Well you were right about Long coming back. Like I said, wasn't impressed with him at Hull FC last year. Seemed to avoid the ball a lot against us, took it on himself to just stand there and tell people to take it in. He'll do a job though.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:58 am

Can't wait until tomorrow, hopefully we can beat Catalans and go third. They're brilliant at homes so I cannot see it happening but if we play like we have been recently, we might just nick it.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:16 am

Zzonked wrote:Well you were right about Long coming back. Like I said, wasn't impressed with him at Hull FC last year. Seemed to avoid the ball a lot against us, took it on himself to just stand there and tell people to take it in. He'll do a job though.

I know dat shit. smug

He will only come back if need be as we have Sneyd filling the role although I wouldn't be surprised to see him play against Hull next week with them being his former club, its definitely a decent option to have.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:16 am

Massive game tomorrow anyhow, if we win and Hull FC lose on Monday then next weeks ground at their game is one what could change our season.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:35 pm

I don't really support a Superleague team Laughing

I don't follow it TBH Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:41 pm

ShakerMatty wrote:Massive game tomorrow anyhow, if we win and Hull FC lose on Monday then next weeks ground at their game is one what could change our season.

They're trying to sign Rangi now.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Rangi Chase?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Rangi Chase yeah. I heard someone say they're going to pay £350k, which is 100k more than the highest fee ever so far. Hard to say wether that's true or not though.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:53 pm

I see, have you lot heard of Ben Barba?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Hull need to apply for a visa for 'England's saviour'.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:54 pm

If they get that for him we should be saying £300,000 or more for Holdsworth as I have always found Rangi Chase overrated.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Chip wrote:I see, have you lot heard of Ben Barba?

Nope, never heard of him. Why?

ShakerMatty wrote:Hull need to apply for a visa for 'England's saviour'.

Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 pm

ShakerMatty wrote:If they get that for him we should be saying £300,000 or more for Holdsworth as I have always found Rangi Chase overrated.

He's good, but not worth that much, so yeah maybe he is overrated.

I think Stuart Fielden for £250k was a better deal at the time and even then that was a bit of a panic buy.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm not saying he's not good but he's one of those players what will play when he wants to.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Ben Barba is amazing, he is probably my favourite player in the NRL

Him or Daly Cherry Evans Very Happy

Barba is a fullback, he is this little black guy but he is fucking fast, can kick, can tackle and he is just a beast Laughing
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:43 pm

I love Todd Carney and Cooper Cronk. Todd Carney is my favourite League player in the world. He has made me become a bit of a Sharks fan.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:02 am

Been looking forward to this, love good neutral RL games on TV.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:05 am

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 am

Lucky cunts with then knock ons Mad
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:11 am

Given them a lot of sets so far.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:12 am

Josh Perry you fucking cunt. Stupid penalties to give away. We've been horrendous so far, the defence is horrible.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:16 am

OMG, We've actually got a penalty.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:18 am

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! We don't deserve it but I'll take it.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:42 am

What an offload by Leon Price. That alone deserved the try.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:12 am

Very even so far.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:43 am

That wasn't a red for me.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:55 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! What a stunning win!

PS: lol at Salford.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:04 am