Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Official Rugby League Thread

Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Official Rugby League Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Official Rugby League Thread

Post by Trent Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:11 am

or Slater
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:37 am

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12207/8385280/Super-League-Talks-expected-to-resume-over-rescue-bid-next-week-at-Salford

Praying for this to happen.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:54 am

Was very impressed with the attitude of the team in the second half against Wigan and 34-16 was a respectable score on our behalf.

Koukash was at the game tonight and hopes to finalise the takeover by the end of the weekend. yippee

Great thing to do for Wilkinson as well to make him club president who deserves it after putting money in to Salford for so long and in general he is a nice bloke. Things are looking up for the club and with Koukash trying to buy the ground I am really looking forward to the future of Salford RLFC for once.

RED ARMY

Last edited by ShakerMatty on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:56 am

Here's a report as well from Sky Sports on the takeover and a picture of the man tonight high up in the hospitality. I also enjoyed seeing his daughters.. Much better then the birds you see round Salford. Laughing

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12207/8403881/Marwan-Koukash-hopes-to-complete-Salford-City-Reds-takeover-over-the-weekend

Official Rugby League Thread - Page 10 397584_10151396985535726_585579407_n
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08 am

He looks like an egg.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 am

Zzonked wrote:He looks like an egg.

He's a beautiful egg. tut tut

Wasn't many Wigan there tonight I'd estimate at 50 which didn't surprise me to be fair.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am

I literally didn't even know they were playing until you posted that. Laughing
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 am

Zzonked wrote:I literally didn't even know they were playing until you posted that. Laughing

It was a random night to play on to be fair Laughing. There was probably just under 2000 there tonight but wasn't that bad a game and I am looking forward to the match in two weeks time. Cool
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Is your sig to do with Rangers because you think they're still the same old Rangers we all know and love?
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 am

Zzonked wrote:Is your sig to do with Rangers because you think they're still the same old Rangers we all know and love?

No my friend. shifty

WATP
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 am

Media Conference announced for tomorrow!!!!! Fuck this takeover has been left late.. Two days before our new fixture and season tickets haven't been released yet Laughing. Couldn't give a fuck though once everything is finalised from Mr Koukash.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:58 am

I can't even begin to describe how pissed off I am.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 am

Trent wrote:I can't even begin to describe how pissed off I am.

ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:10 am

Catalans away tomorrow, I was going to watch it on a stream but I'm going to be in London so I'll have to see the score once I get back.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:53 am

NRL ALL STARS MATCH TONIGHT

FUCK YEAH GO NRL

RUGBY LEAGUE IS BACK YEAH BOI GUN BE HECTIC BRAH MAD FERIT TOP LAD
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 am

Holy shit!! What a fucking comeback! First win under the belt and the confidence from the players as the game went on was great to see. Real team spirit with the winning try with us falling over each other in the celebrations in the terrace. Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:09 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12207/8523324/Salford-owner-makes-audacious-bid-for-Wigan-superstar-Sam-Tomkins

Is this real life?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 am

Salford's owner is going in hard. I respect that because at least it's interesting, hope he doesn't dramatically fuck up somehow though.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 am

We got totally out classed by Leeds on Friday, hope we can step it up for Warrington.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:49 am

Zzonked wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12207/8523324/Salford-owner-makes-audacious-bid-for-Wigan-superstar-Sam-Tomkins

Is this real life?

Ah shit I forgot to say about this to you Laughing. I'm glad it raised some publicity for us and I'd have laughed if Tomkins actually signed.

Zzonked wrote:Salford's owner is going in hard. I respect that because at least it's interesting, hope he doesn't dramatically fuck up somehow though.

Sacking Veivers was the right thing, he was a nice bloke but not one to move us forward. I would personally wait until after the World Cup to get Sheens and just keep Alan Hunte in charge for a bit at the minute. The whole club needs a reshape from top to bottom as the old culture was what was killing Salford and the fact Koukash isn't standing for it will benefit us massively and mean we can progress to win trophies.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:12 am

Warrington away in the Challenge Cup.

Bring it on. Cool
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:04 am

I'm heading to Wigan Friday Zzonked lad.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat May 04, 2013 9:09 am

Ahh, I was there. Wasn't feeling it though, only had two hours sleep the night before because of exams. Suspect

What were Salford fans annoyed at the ref for with about 25 mins left? Couldn't tell at all.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat May 04, 2013 10:41 am

Well that was ridiculous easy for your lot....

One of your players clearly pulled back one of ours (Forgot exactly who it was) and for some reason he put the tackle count back to 0 if I remember right and you scored straight after! James Child was bloody dreadful all night for both teams, he generally had no clue for the whole night.

The most entertaining bit about the match was when we started throwing the rugby ball around the stand for a minute or two. Laughing
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat May 04, 2013 10:43 am

Anyway on to Warrington next week now! I think we have a chance as we actually don't perform that bad at Warrington a lot of the time. I've been to Wigan about 8 or 9 times and still never seen us win there!
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:09 am

Good luck for Saturday brah. Would much rather Wigan win then Warrington.

Genuinely think we could be contenders in the next couple of years. Our forward pack is looking very strong.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:49 pm

So this Tomkins chap, he's coming to my Warriors.

His stats look outstanding (tries scored and that shit) but is he just doing well because he is playing shit teams or what?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 pm

And he's leaving my Warriors. Sad

I couldn't say for sure if he's going to be a success, but he's a unique player. Very quick, difficult to tackle and creative. He is the sort of player that will create tries on his own. Whether he can do that against better defenses is difficult to tell.

How is Thomas Leuluai doing?

Rugby league is a much sadder sport at the end of the season than football. There's always like 3 players leaving every year that I actually still like. In football now they only leave if they're shit or old.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:56 am

Zzonked wrote:And he's leaving my Warriors. Sad

I couldn't say for sure if he's going to be a success, but he's a unique player. Very quick, difficult to tackle and creative. He is the sort of player that will create tries on his own. Whether he can do that against better defenses is difficult to tell.

How is Thomas Leuluai doing?

Rugby league is a much sadder sport at the end of the season than football. There's always like 3 players leaving every year that I actually still like. In football now they only leave if they're shit or old.
    Agree with this

Ehhh Leuluai was alright. I never really liked him and at the start he was shit but I think that was mainly due to how he was instructed to play. Shaun Johnson is the creative influence in the halves and Leuluai was there to control him and sorta be the reliable player who can get away a good kick on the last and that sorta stuff. He wasn't flashy but did his job well towards the end of the season.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Well Sam Tomkins has signed off the right way as we won the league last night. Smile

Your team can be my NRL team now Chip as I wish for him to do well. Also Wests Tigers because of Pat Richards.

Watching the NRL grand final now and it's so much faster in general. Damn what a try by Jennings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm