Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Marvin
dena
SophisticatedBeggar
Stranger
Novi
Bye_Ya
Jeff
Ham.
Royal
Theo Filippo
PrideOfTheMidlands
Start.
Mvan
limerickcitykid
Yrael
Jordan Henderchip
The Maestro
Harrold
CollieBuddz
blackskar
crump
Dean
Ra's al Ghul
MickStupp
Forest
menalawyerguy
Clark
Paulinho
ConorCelticFC
arsenalap11
Mouse
ShakerMatty
Jorlung
Andy
Trent
sunmoon
George
JK
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Danny
Juventino
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jord
Mal
Cam
TheRangersFan
SBSP
Keanoo
Pippo
El_indian
Childish Logic
Zzonked
MrBlueguy
59 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Clark Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:21 pm

A southern, is how he put it I think.

It looks brilliant, I think it may be his second best work (nothing will beat Pulp Fiction).
    dena
    dena

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by dena Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Only QT would call a western a southern Laughing

it's a western.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Django- 8.75

Theater had a power surge about half way through the movie. Movie resumed about 15 minutes later, and at the exit they gave everyone a free movie ticket. Cool Don't know what the next potentially good movie is. Gangster Squad?
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:23 am

Gran Torino - Good stuff from Eastwood - 8/10

Alice In Wonderland (2010) - Enjoyed it, good casting. 8/10

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Swedish one) - Really compelling, good performances - 9/10

Cockneys VS Zombies - Bit of a laugh 6.5/10
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:02 am

Dredd 7-8/10
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Finally watched Airplane! Very, very funny.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Surely, you've seen it before?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:23 pm

I had not. And don't call me Shirley.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 pm

The Master was film of the year, probably best since 2000.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Clark wrote:The Master was film of the year, probably best since 2000.

Clark wrote:
    Juno - 5/5
    The Master - 4/5

scratch
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:38 am

Cloud Atlas - 9/10
    One of the best films I have seen in a long time.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Clark wrote:The Master was film of the year, probably best since 2000.

Clark wrote:
    Juno - 5/5
    The Master - 4/5

scratch

Interesting. I probably should take the time to look back on what I write, iPad is a bitch to the type on.

Another Philip Seymour Hoffman film, Synecdoche New York 5/5.

That is what I call good acting, and the Jungian Psychology not worthy
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Forgot to say, Timothy Dalton was doing an interview at City before the Stoke game today. Definitely my favorite guest they've had there, one of my favorite Bonds.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Watched Rush Hour and Four Lions today.
    Ham.
    Ham.

Post by Ham. Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:07 am

Jack Reacher - 7/10
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Bug. 1/10

Fucking shit.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 am

This Means War (2012) - Dogshit. Turned off after 15 minutes.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:10 am

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011) - Very good. Hard to decide which is better out of the original or this one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:43 pm

The Memory of a Killer: 9/10. Watched bits and pieces years ago and managed to find the name through Google. Props to Luke for finding me a link with English subs.

Think I'll continue with the Hitman theme for a while. Heasdhot and Killing Them Softly are in the queue.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Watched Borat and then Superbad. The main characters in each movie always seem to play the same type of guys.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 am

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Being unfamiliar with the source material, there were points where I was a little confused. Good film overall though, and a great performance from Gary Oldman.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 am

Life Of Pi. 10/10

I enjoy movies with fantastic stories like this one, takes me back to being a kid. I would recommend seeing this in 3D before it stops being shown in cinemas, superb movie.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:12 am

Eastern Promises. 3.5/5

I only really liked it because of Viggo.

Last edited by Clark on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Book Of Eli - Gorgeous film. Story was alright, great shit from Denzel and Gary Oldman, my favourite two actors.

A couple of things pissed me off though; (I'll spoiler it even though the film is two years old)

Spoiler:

I'll give it a 7.5/10
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 pm

ayvee1 wrote:Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Being unfamiliar with the source material, there were points where I was a little confused. Good film overall though, and a great performance from Gary Oldman.
    I was slightly lost the first time I saw it because some 75 year old panda bear kept on pestering me, wanting me to explain every single thing that was happening. It was exceptional the second time through, though.

Chris wrote:Life Of Pi. 10/10

I enjoy movies with fantastic stories like this one, takes me back to being a kid. I would recommend seeing this in 3D before it stops being shown in cinemas, superb movie.
    The book was weird, it's probably awesome visually with all of the animals and the nature imagery.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:25 pm

ayvee1 wrote:Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Being unfamiliar with the source material, there were points where I was a little confused. Good film overall though, and a great performance from Gary Oldman.

Was watching this on demand but switched to an action movie after 15 minutes, need to be in the right mood for this one.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Y tu Mama Tambien- not worthy

Amores Perros- 8.0

Children of Men- 8.5

Babel- 7.5

Pan's Labyrinth- not worthy

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Three of my favorite directors. I didn't like Amores Perros all that much though. It lost a lot of steam at around the halfway point in my opinion.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Rei Andros wrote:Three of my favorite directors. I didn't like Amores Perros all that much though. It lost a lot of steam at around the halfway point in my opinion.

Yeah, after they shift the focus away from Octavio to the dude and the model, it starts dragging.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Hitchcock-Shit
    The Impossible-Very good

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:18 pm