Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Marvin
dena
SophisticatedBeggar
Stranger
Novi
Bye_Ya
Jeff
Ham.
Royal
Theo Filippo
PrideOfTheMidlands
Start.
Mvan
limerickcitykid
Yrael
Jordan Henderchip
The Maestro
Harrold
CollieBuddz
blackskar
crump
Dean
Ra's al Ghul
MickStupp
Forest
menalawyerguy
Clark
Paulinho
ConorCelticFC
arsenalap11
Mouse
ShakerMatty
Jorlung
Andy
Trent
sunmoon
George
JK
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Danny
Juventino
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jord
Mal
Cam
TheRangersFan
SBSP
Keanoo
Pippo
El_indian
Childish Logic
Zzonked
MrBlueguy
59 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:05 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Prometheus 2/10

Not what I was expecting and just one of the worst films I've seen. Characters were stupid beyond belief. Worst of all, nothing was explained properly.

Really? One of the worst films you've seen? 2/10? That abortion scene alone is worth a 3 out of 10.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 am

The Pianist - about a Polish Jew in a Warsaw Ghetto during World War II

8/10 - took me a while to get into it, but its a great film. Adrien Brody does a great job.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:05 am

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:The Pianist - about a Polish Jew in a Warsaw Ghetto during World War II

8/10 - took me a while to get into it, but its a great film. Adrien Brody does a great job.

You've come a long way, Viva. Happy Tears
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:06 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:The Pianist - about a Polish Jew in a Warsaw Ghetto during World War II

I was forced to watch it, wasnt my choice, but thanks shifty hehe

You seen it yeah?
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:09 am

Viva Ronaldo 7 wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

I was forced to watch it, wasnt my choice, but thanks shifty hehe

You seen it yeah?

Dry Smile

Yeah, it's very good.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:27 pm

dena wrote:Nothing is explained because it asks a question that the viewer is expected to answer Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 14 279869

I thought Prometheus was weird but after watching it a few more times and reading/watching some explanations I've come to think of it as a pretty good sci-fi flick.

Sounds like the tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs to me.

The film was just ridiculous.

Spoiler:

You're really looking into something that isn't there. There's no clever interpretation for the viewer to find, it's just a random horror film which is full of plot holes.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:12 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:
    dena wrote:Nothing is explained because it asks a question that the viewer is expected to answer Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 14 279869

I thought Prometheus was weird but after watching it a few more times and reading/watching some explanations I've come to think of it as a pretty good sci-fi flick.

Sounds like the tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs to me.

The film was just ridiculous.

Spoiler:

You're really looking into something that isn't there. There's no clever interpretation for the viewer to find, it's just a random horror film which is full of plot holes.

I had an issue with everything you just said, but I guess that's what suspension of disbelief is for. But, there is a plot/underlying theme to the movie, it does take a few viewings or at least an explanation to understand though. That was the big flaw in the movie (along with too many "wait, why are they doing that" moments)

Like I said, not everything has to be explained though, Inception left it's ending up in the air, 2001: ASO is confusing as fuck, the original Alien was too (take it on it's own) you don't need to have your hand held through every movie, especially sci-fi ones, but I think they made it a little bit more difficult to understand than usual, but when you do understand it you can appreciate it.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Rendition - 7/10 - Was a good film, I enjoyed it.
    Conan (2011 version) - 5/10 - A lot of people holding objects aloft and shouting but the nakedness of Rachel Nicolls earned it some points.
    The Cold Light Of Day - 8/10 - Decent action movie, some silly moments but it had Willis kicking some ass so it's all good.

Still got Abduction, Momento and LA Confidential to go.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:09 am

Usual Suspects 8/10

First time ever watching it (!) was a pretty good story. Good acting all around, for some reason the twist didn't get me as I kind of figured it all along, but still very good storytelling.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:33 pm

The shawshank redemption 8/10 - got better as it went on, good movie.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:37 am

Blue Velvet - 8/10.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns pt.1 8.5/10

Can't wait for pt. 2 to be released. Some time around Spring 2013.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Lolita - 7/10

Watching this from 2-4am as I got back from work late and it was the only thing on. Strange but good movie, the kind that is so "don't do that you pedo" you wonder what's going to happen next. #gripping
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Chris wrote:Lolita - 7/10

Watching this from 2-4am as I got back from work late and it was the only thing on. Strange but good movie, the kind that is so "don't do that you pedo" you wonder what's going to happen next. #gripping
    I'll give it an 7.5 maybe 8. Kubrick couldn't make it as graphic as the novel due to large amounts of criticism.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Moonrise Kingdom 8.5
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:42 am

SophisticatedBeggar wrote:
    Chris wrote:Lolita - 7/10

I'll give it an 7.5 maybe 8. Kubrick couldn't make it as graphic as the novel due to large amounts of criticism.
    If he did it wouldn't have made the film any better. Good film about pedo either way.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Looper

2/10

God awful film. So fucking boring when it had so much promise. You don't even see what the bad guy is like as an adult. Fuck it was terrible, I fell asleep as well. £8 down the fucking swanny.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:52 am

What was so bad about it?
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:01 am

It was just so boring. I was looking forward "this decades matrix". Like fuck was it. It wasn't anything new to the time travel genre. In fact it was pretty much the basics of it.

Big spoilers though I seriously would not recommend watching it.

Spoiler:
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:02 am

I've got it. It's just a really shit twist on the butterfly effect.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:04 am

Still gonna watch it -_-

Your review is the only negative one I've heard about it.

shifty
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Just saw Looper today.

fucking cool/10.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:40 am

The Avengers. Hulk/10
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Beats, Rhymes, & Life: A Tribe Called Quest- Fantastic documentary.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:34 am

Just saw Memento for the first time, 9/10. Great story, great editing. Nolan da gawd.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Did you watch it backwards?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Na.

Looper, 8.5/10, can't really discuss it without spoilers but very good story with an interesting premise. JGL and Willis were strong too
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:06 pm

dena wrote:Na.

Looper, 8.5/10, can't really discuss it without spoilers but very good story with an interesting premise. JGL and Willis were strong too

Spoiler:
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:It was just so boring. I was looking forward "this decades matrix". Like fuck was it. It wasn't anything new to the time travel genre. In fact it was pretty much the basics of it.

Big spoilers though I seriously would not recommend watching it.

Spoiler:

Your reasons for not liking the film are pretty terrible imo.

Spoiler:
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Looper was amazing.

except for one thing
    Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:32 pm