Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Theo Filippo
Harrold
Jorlung
fluffy_kittens
Laurencio
George
Bye_Ya
Danny
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
vex
Keanoo
Phadunkin Donuts
Cam
Rafael Benitez
19 posters

Suarez Speaks About Suspension

fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Suarez Speaks About Suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Suarez Speaks About Suspension

Post by fluffy_kittens Sun May 27, 2012 3:27 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:still dont understand how he got a suspension with literally no proof lol

You're pretty fucking thick then, aren't you?

He was given a suspension because the independent commission found that it was more likely that he had racially abused Patrice Evra than that he had not, based chiefly on the testimony of Luis Suarez, Patrice Evra, Damien Commoli and Dirk Kuyt, the latter 3 of whom all stated that Suarez had unambiguously racially abused Patrice Evra. Kuyt and Commoli did recant their words and said it was a misunderstanding, but that doesn't seem very likely given that Suarez, whose testimony was extremely inconsistent, used two different languages to communicate with Commoli and Kuyt, and they both would have had to "misunderstand" in the same way.

fucking horseshit, just play the game, trash talking is a part of it, there is no possible way to tell what players are saying to eachother on the pitch
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Suarez Speaks About Suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Suarez Speaks About Suspension

Post by Jorlung Sun May 27, 2012 4:34 am

Racism =/= Trash Talking
    Racism = Racism
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun May 27, 2012 4:40 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:

He was given a suspension because the independent commission found that it was more likely that he had racially abused Patrice Evra than that he had not, based chiefly on the testimony of Luis Suarez, Patrice Evra, Damien Commoli and Dirk Kuyt, the latter 3 of whom all stated that Suarez had unambiguously racially abused Patrice Evra. Kuyt and Commoli did recant their words and said it was a misunderstanding, but that doesn't seem very likely given that Suarez, whose testimony was extremely inconsistent, used two different languages to communicate with Commoli and Kuyt, and they both would have had to "misunderstand" in the same way.

fucking horseshit, just play the game, trash talking is a part of it, there is no possible way to tell what players are saying to eachother on the pitch
    So I can step onto a football pitch and start throwing out racist slurs because it's only trash talking and no one knows what I'll have said?

Cool.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 27, 2012 4:42 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:

Well there is if the players on the pitch tell us.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 4:50 am

Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun May 27, 2012 5:20 am

Evra is a phaggot. I been called the same or worse many times in sports, and I don't cry about it. He's a cunt, especially for making that scene afterward.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun May 27, 2012 5:21 am

Yeah, what a cunt he is for not allowing someone to be racist towards him.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun May 27, 2012 6:39 am

Danny wrote:Yeah, what a cunt he is for not allowing someone to be racist towards him.

Fine display after United won the next match against them. He's a fucking prick.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 8:40 am

People are actually excusing racism now? facepalm

It doesn't matter what kind of person Evra is. That doesn't give Suarez or anyone to racially abuse him. Also, racial slurs are not acceptable trash talk. facepalm
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 27, 2012 8:46 am

Bye_Ya wrote:
    Danny wrote:Yeah, what a cunt he is for not allowing someone to be racist towards him.

Fine display after United won the next match against them. He's a fucking prick.

He is a fucking hero for that. Suarez racially abused him in October and spent the next 5 months or so calling Evra a liar, along with his organisation, rather than admitting what he did, and then refused to shake hands with him to try and provoke a response.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun May 27, 2012 8:54 am

Yer right, I guess he's a hero after all. He supposedly got called a word that is used casually by white Englishmen every day. A real tragedy to be so 'abused' racially.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Sun May 27, 2012 8:56 am

Bye_Ya wrote:Yer right, I guess he's a hero after all. He supposedly got called a word that is used casually by white Englishmen every day. A real tragedy to be so 'abused' racially.
    No, it isn't.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 am

Start at about 40 seconds in. Real tragedy.

Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 am

Bye_Ya wrote:Start at about 40 seconds in. Real tragedy.

Are you actually being serious?
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 am

Please explain.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 am

A few drunk white people from Plymouth say 'Nigga' so that means most white people in this country use the word casually?
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun May 27, 2012 9:09 am

Theo Filippo wrote:A few drunk white people from Plymouth say 'Nigga' so that means most white people in this country use the word casually?

It's used casually all over the place, every day, America included. Evra made a mountain of horseshit out of nothing, is the point.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 9:15 am

My impression is that black people are okay using the term themselves. They are also okay with it when a white person with whom they are close says it in a joking manner. I don't think that they make such allowances for a stranger or someone confronting them, though, for obvious reasons. The term has certainly, perhaps unfortunately, become more and more "acceptable" (and I use that term loosely) in the states, but only in an informal context.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Sun May 27, 2012 9:15 am

No, some people take great offence to the word. And again, you are making an assumption, it's not used casually "every day", you are basing that of one of Chris' videos? Really?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 27, 2012 9:27 am

On the pitch Suarez said he had kicked Evra because he is black, and that he does not speak to blacks. There is no ambiguity over the use of a word here.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun May 27, 2012 9:32 am

Harrold wrote:No, some people take great offence to the word. And again, you are making an assumption, it's not used casually "every day", you are basing that of one of Chris' videos? Really?

I wasn't born yesterday. I've been to plenty of parties and other social situations and heard the term tossed around casually, firsthand. It is used every day, certainly not by the majority. I live in a place with a large number of Latino people, and they also use the term casually.

The whole thing is double-standard bullshit anyway. It's used in songs as a way to be cool, but on the pitch it's 'so offensive'. Evra is a wum.

RR, even if that is completely accurate, he still made something out of nothing. Somebody could say Suarez is a cunt, and they don't talk to cunts, same principle. Big fucking deal.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 27, 2012 9:37 am

It's not something of nothing, it's disgusting racism in an attempt to get an opponent sent off.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun May 27, 2012 10:53 am

Laughing
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Sun May 27, 2012 10:55 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:On the pitch Suarez said he had kicked Evra because he is black, and that he does not speak to blacks. There is no ambiguity over the use of a word here.

facepalm
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sun May 27, 2012 11:02 am

Could we just let this die already? It's rather very simple, Suarez supporters will never accept that he's guilty. It's an exercise in futility to attempt to change their minds.

Edit:

Ok that sounded very one sided. Ehm.. All the evidence towards Suarez is at best circumstantial, and incredibly easy to dismiss if you put your mind to it. In addition due to a cultural footballing background where "racial" slurs is fairly common (South America) it's also possible to excuse whatever behaviour Suarez displayed on the pitch, as Mr Gus Puyet showed with his "what is said on the pitch stays on the pitch regardless" comments.

Last edited by Laurencio on Sun May 27, 2012 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Sun May 27, 2012 11:04 am

Bye_Ya wrote:
    Harrold wrote:No, some people take great offence to the word. And again, you are making an assumption, it's not used casually "every day", you are basing that of one of Chris' videos? Really?

I wasn't born yesterday. I've been to plenty of parties and other social situations and heard the term tossed around casually, firsthand. It is used every day, certainly not by the majority. I live in a place with a large number of Latino people, and they also use the term casually.

The whole thing is double-standard bullshit anyway. It's used in songs as a way to be cool, but on the pitch it's 'so offensive'. Evra is a wum.

RR, even if that is completely accurate, he still made something out of nothing. Somebody could say Suarez is a cunt, and they don't talk to cunts, same principle. Big fucking deal.
    I'm not disputing that, I'm sure you do hear it on a daily basis. I'm disputing the fact that you seem to think white Brits use it every day, when from experience, they don't.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Sun May 27, 2012 11:56 am

I use the N word every day.

In fact it's hard to think of a day where I haven't racially insulted every human being I meet.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sun May 27, 2012 12:31 pm

The Bat-Man wrote:I use the N word every day.

In fact it's hard to think of a day where I haven't racially insulted every human being I meet.
    You call yourelf a raghead Laughing
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Just because some black people don't take offense to the N word doesn't mean its okay to go spewing it around. I know plenty of black people who absolutely despise the N word, and hate how it is used so commonly among other black people too because it gives the false impression to other people that it is okay. Talk to an actual educated and sophisticated black person and they will say that, don't go basing your opinions on stereotypical ghetto black people or gangster rappers.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 2:33 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:On the pitch Suarez said he had kicked Evra because he is black, and that he does not speak to blacks. There is no ambiguity over the use of a word here.

exactly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:35 pm