Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Theo Filippo
Harrold
Jorlung
fluffy_kittens
Laurencio
George
Bye_Ya
Danny
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
vex
Keanoo
Phadunkin Donuts
Cam
Rafael Benitez
19 posters

Suarez Speaks About Suspension

Anonymous

Suarez Speaks About Suspension Empty Suarez Speaks About Suspension

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 8:27 am

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has reopened the racism row which dogged his side's season by calling his suspension "strange and unbelievable" in a recent interview.

Suarez, 25, was found guilty by an independent FA disciplinary commission of having racially abused Manchester United full-back Patrice Evra in a Premier League game last October.

An eight-match ban was handed down, which Liverpool chose not to appeal, but both club and player have never accepted Suarez's guilt over the incident.

"The suspension, I suppose, you could call strange and unbelievable,'' Suarez told Russia Today. "There was not a single convincing proof that I had done any of the things they accused me of doing.

"I accepted it without saying anything, obviously because they could have made [the suspension] longer and it would have just made the whole thing continue, but my conscience is completely calm, and so is that of the club and my family. Everyone knows that in Uruguay there is a huge black population.

"I had team-mates and friends of both colours all the time in the national team, in Liverpool, in Holland, where the majority are from Surinam, and I never had any problem with them. Holland is one of the countries in the world where there is the highest number of black players and at no point was there an issue."

The Uruguayan forward believes that he was targeted for a long-ban because of the club he plays for, whilst also insisting that he cares little for the opinions of opposition fans.

"It seems to me they had to get rid of a Liverpool player and, well, they definitely were gratified by all of this. What the English press has said about me does not interest me,'' he added.

"What interests me is what they say about me in Uruguay and in Liverpool, and they have always been very supportive. After the suspension I was told the fans would taunt me, they would whistle me, insult me and shout at me, but to be honest it is not something I was worried about.

"Everyone whistled me in all of the stadiums I played in all the time anyway, even before the allegation of racism. I tried to pay it as little attention as possible to focus on what I like to do, which is to play."
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1078790/liverpool-striker-luis-suarez:-conscience-clear-over-'strange'-ban?cc=5901
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Suarez Speaks About Suspension Empty Re: Suarez Speaks About Suspension

Post by Rafael Benitez Sat May 26, 2012 8:29 am

Fantastic Ahly, lets bring it all back up again Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 8:29 am

Cry
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sat May 26, 2012 8:30 am

Rafael Benitez wrote:Fantastic Ahly, lets bring it all back up again Smile

This. There is already a thread about the 'conduct of Luis Suarez'
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sat May 26, 2012 8:30 am

So what happened?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 8:37 am

"The Uruguayan forward believes that he was targeted for a long-ban because of the club he plays for, whilst also insisting that he cares little for the opinions of opposition fans."

Great, Suarez, bring up a conspiracy theory. Suarez Speaks About Suspension 58503 After all that Glen has done for him by sticking his majestic neck on the line for him, this is how he repays him?

Last edited by Glen Damon on Sat May 26, 2012 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sat May 26, 2012 8:47 am

Yeah, that was the comment that I thought was a bit weird:

"It seems to me they had to get rid of a Liverpool player'
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Sat May 26, 2012 8:49 am

Racist cunt.
    vex
    vex

Post by vex Sat May 26, 2012 9:58 am

Keanoo wrote:Racist cunt.
    And you have a sloppy, mold infested vagina, Evra said so therefore it must be true.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat May 26, 2012 10:06 am

I'm actually not surprised that he thinks that there's a conspiracy around him. Twat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 10:23 am

Kuled wrote:I'm actually not surprised that he thinks that there's a conspiracy around him. Twat.

I pray for your imminent death.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 10:24 am

Kuled wrote:I'm actually not surprised that he thinks that there's a conspiracy around him. Twat.
    Why, because the Hispanic culture stresses superstition?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 am

It's Planet Liverpool, isn't it? Suarez has been sucked into it just like Benitez was, just like Dalglish was, maybe it's an act to manipulate the morons who support that club into being in love with him, pretend they believe the same shit the fans do, in any case it's extremely harmful intellectually. It serves only to exacerbate the cognitive dissonance that surrounds that club.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat May 26, 2012 10:44 am

Good to see he's managed to bring up the whole "I can't be racist because I've played with black players" explanation.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sat May 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Suarez is not racist.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Sat May 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Bye_Ya wrote:Suarez is not racist.

I agree. He is just a twat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 6:24 pm

shut up racist
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 6:44 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's Planet Liverpool, isn't it? Suarez has been sucked into it just like Benitez was, just like Dalglish was, maybe it's an act to manipulate the morons who support that club into being in love with him, pretend they believe the same shit the fans do, in any case it's extremely harmful intellectually. It serves only to exacerbate the cognitive dissonance that surrounds that club.

And Cantona has attacked a fan, and we will kill any bastard that gets in our way. With hatchets and hammers, Stanley knives and spanners we'll show the bastards how to fight. Planet Manchester United and there is more.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Alan wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's Planet Liverpool, isn't it? Suarez has been sucked into it just like Benitez was, just like Dalglish was, maybe it's an act to manipulate the morons who support that club into being in love with him, pretend they believe the same shit the fans do, in any case it's extremely harmful intellectually. It serves only to exacerbate the cognitive dissonance that surrounds that club.

And Cantona has attacked a fan, and we will kill any bastard that gets in our way. With hatchets and hammers, Stanley knives and spanners we'll show the bastards how to fight. Planet Manchester United and there is more.

The difference is that if we attacked opposition fans with those implements, we wouldn't trying to justify it. Unlike people on Planet Liverpool who defend anything from Heysel to racism to braining an opposition fan with a concrete slab. On Planet Liverpool Alexander Ferguson controls all the referees, Benitez pretended he lived there are you still fucking love him because of how easily manipulated you are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Alan wrote:

The difference is that if we attacked opposition fans with those implements, we wouldn't trying to justify it. Unlike people on Planet Liverpool who defend anything from Heysel to racism to braining an opposition fan with a concrete slab. On Planet Liverpool Alexander Ferguson controls all the referees, Benitez pretended he lived there are you still fucking love him because of how easily manipulated you are.

You really do post some rubbish. Heysel yes some Liverpool fans were to blame and Liverpool must take resposibility for this, yet as we all know there were more than just Liverpool fans there. And if it had been anything like the European cup finals Liverpool had went to before in 77,78,81,84 certain fans would have not been allowed anywhere near the Heysel Stadium. The people who ran Liverpool football club back then asked for the venue to be changed, and told the authorites that they were worried about the venue and the checking of what fans were going to be allowed to go to that game. Fuck me you could have got into the Heysel stadium with basically anything as was shown when a Juventus fan was running around with a gun.

And dont come back with all your bullshit, ive heard it all before. And dont come back with the bullshit that all Liverpool fans are the same and we all agree with some of that bullshit you have posted.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Alan wrote:

You really do post some rubbish. Heysel yes some Liverpool fans were to blame and Liverpool must take resposibility for this, yet as we all know there were more than just Liverpool fans there. And if it had been anything like the European cup finals Liverpool had went to before in 77,78,81,84 certain fans would have not been allowed anywhere near the Heysel Stadium. The people who ran Liverpool football club back then asked for the venue to be changed, and told the authorites that they were worried about the venue and the checking of what fans were going to be allowed to go to that game. Fuck me you could have got into the Heysel stadium with basically anything as was shown when a Juventus fan was running around with a gun.

And dont come back with all your bullshit, ive heard it all before. And dont come back with the bullshit that all Liverpool fans are the same and we all agree with some of that bullshit you have posted.

That's another interesting thing about Liverpool, when The Sun prints a story that doesn't have any public proof, they should be boycotted for the next 2 or 3 decades. When Liverpool FC lie about Chelsea fans though, blaming them for the Heysel disaster, and Liverpool's website columnists and Dalglish himself spread lies about Evra to protect Liverpool's star, on Planet Liverpool this is perfectly fine.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Alan wrote:

That's another interesting thing about Liverpool, when The Sun prints a story that doesn't have any public proof, they should be boycotted for the next 2 or 3 decades. When Liverpool FC lie about Chelsea fans though, blaming them for the Heysel disaster, and Liverpool's website columnists and Dalglish himself spread lies about Evra to protect Liverpool's star, on Planet Liverpool this is perfectly fine.

Liverpool fc lie about Chelsea fans think Dont know were you got that shit from ive read things about there was fans or hooligans from many firms from all over the country there at Heysel from Luton Migs, Millwall Bushwackers, West ham ICF, and Newcastle toon army, and a lot of them were there for revenge after what happened in Rome the year before. It was said that it had turned into an English v Italian after events in Rome the year before.

And why when they new there was a posibility of trouble why did they not do more to stop these sort of fans getting into the Heysel stadium. Liverpool fans had travelled all across Europe to loads of European games and Finals and had never caused trouble before, but at Heysel they were letting in one man and his fucking dog without caring of the consequences.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sat May 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Oh yay, this again.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Alan wrote:

Liverpool fc lie about Chelsea fans think Dont know were you got that shit from ive read things about there was fans or hooligans from many firms from all over the country there at Heysel from Luton Migs, Millwall Bushwackers, West ham ICF, and Newcastle toon army, and a lot of them were there for revenge after what happened in Rome the year before. It was said that it had turned into an English v Italian after events in Rome the year before.

And why when they new there was a posibility of trouble why did they not do more to stop these sort of fans getting into the Heysel stadium. Liverpool fans had travelled all across Europe to loads of European games and Finals and had never caused trouble before, but at Heysel they were letting in one man and his fucking dog without caring of the consequences.

From RAWK

John Smith had told reporters that he believed the trouble to be the fault of ‘Chelsea fans’ - it was nonsense, clutching at straws. There had been fans of other clubs there, there always is in major cup finals, but not in any significant numbers.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/article.php?id=480600

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 9:36 pm

racist dickhead
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun May 27, 2012 2:52 am

George wrote:
    Bye_Ya wrote:Suarez is not racist.

I agree. He is just a twat.

I think he's one of the most competitive players out there, but yeah you can't really argue for him against being a d-bag.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sun May 27, 2012 3:09 am

still dont understand how he got a suspension with literally no proof lol
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 3:10 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:still dont understand how he got a suspension with literally no proof lol
    He contradicted himself a number of times, while Evra stayed relatively consistent in his account and had no real reason to bring the accusations in the first place.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 27, 2012 3:14 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:still dont understand how he got a suspension with literally no proof lol

You're pretty fucking thick then, aren't you?

He was given a suspension because the independent commission found that it was more likely that he had racially abused Patrice Evra than that he had not, based chiefly on the testimony of Luis Suarez, Patrice Evra, Damien Commoli and Dirk Kuyt, the latter 3 of whom all stated that Suarez had unambiguously racially abused Patrice Evra. Kuyt and Commoli did recant their words and said it was a misunderstanding, but that doesn't seem very likely given that Suarez, whose testimony was extremely inconsistent, used two different languages to communicate with Commoli and Kuyt, and they both would have had to "misunderstand" in the same way.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 3:26 am

Suarez Speaks About Suspension Geek_110

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:36 am