Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Iran Tests Missiles

Anonymous

Iran Tests Missiles Empty Iran Tests Missiles

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:21 am

Iran tested middle and long range missiles and they could close down the Strait of Hormuz if necessary. They also intercepted a US military drone which is causing panic among Americans. Is a war between the US and Iran inevitable? What would be the result?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/02/world/meast/iran-missile-test/?hpt=hp_t1

I personally don't want such a war. It would be highly expensive and damaging to the US, even if the US won. If we get a Republican candidate for 2012, I think a war is inevitable. I think Ron Paul is the only candidate to back off from war. I think the US is underestimating Iran. A war with them would not be a walk in the park and Iran could even win like Hezbollah did against Israel in 2006 (or a stalemate).
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Iran Tests Missiles Empty Re: Iran Tests Missiles

Post by Kelloggg8 Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:35 am

The big question is, of course...

Does Iran have the right to protect herself?

The Western media, especially the US has done a magnificent job of vilifying a country that has never posed a threat to us ever. Clearly, we need an enemy to help define ourselves as "the good guys".

But the question remains.

I'm just hoping Canada doesn't have to get involved. Let the U.S. 4th Reich stormtroop around the world playing World Police.

Sooner the Empire bankrupts itself with military expansion, the better.

Last edited by Kelloggg8 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am

Hezbollah won against Israel? Neutral

Neutral

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:42 am

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:Hezbollah won against Israel? Neutral

Neutral

Neutral

Bot sides claimed victory. It was at the very least a stalemate. Israel was definitely surprised. They walked into the war thinking it would be a piece of cake.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:47 am

Fucking Iran Neutral.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:06 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:Hezbollah won against Israel? Neutral

Neutral

Neutral

Bot sides claimed victory. It was at the very least a stalemate. Israel was definitely surprised. They walked into the war thinking it would be a piece of cake.
    Meh, they've accomplished most of their goals/adjectives and crippled Hezbollah for a few years. I call that a victory.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:14 am

I don't see a war with Iran as likely.

Iran is a much bigger and more powerful country, and despite them testing weapons and such....other countries have done it and nothing has come of it e.g. North Korea.

Unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, there is not really a terrorist threat associated with Iran. They pose a threat to Israel...perhaps....but again I see this as quite an unlikely war...considering the support that Israel would receive.

Also, there is no will for another war. People were generally not happy with the Iraq/Afghanistan war...could imagine a much bigger furore to what would be a much bigger and more costly war (money and casualty wise)...plus there is not nearly the same level of justification (or veiled justification...if you believe the Iraq war was unjustified).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:01 pm