Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Jordi
Phadunkin Donuts
Edd
7 posters

Does every Serie A Squad have a number 99?

Edd
    Edd

Does every Serie A Squad have a number 99? Empty Does every Serie A Squad have a number 99?

Post by Edd Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:46 am

cause ive seen it on:

Cisse
    Cassano
    the Palermo GK

and its a weird thing to have, just wondering do they all have one?
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Does every Serie A Squad have a number 99? Empty Re: Does every Serie A Squad have a number 99?

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:47 am

-_-
    Anonymous

Does every Serie A Squad have a number 99? Empty Re: Does every Serie A Squad have a number 99?

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 am

They have 99 numbers but Krasic's not one.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:52 am

Forest wrote:They have 99 numbers but Krasic's not one.
    Laughing
    Edd
    Edd

Post by Edd Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:40 am

justaddfinesse wrote:-_-
    what?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:41 am

You've counted three players, why don't you do more research on the matter? shifty
    Edd
    Edd

Post by Edd Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:46 am

Cam wrote:You've counted three players, why don't you do more research on the matter? shifty
    ok i researched into it, the number 99s are:

Robert Acquafresca - Bologna
    Andrea Caracciolo - Genoa
    Djibril Cissé - Lazio
    Antonio Cassano - Milan
    Cristiano Lucarelli - Napoli
    Francesco Benussi - Palermo
    Graziano Pellè - Parma

and thats it, but why do so many clubs have squad numbers in the 90's aswell? when there are spare numbers in the 20's and 30's available
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:48 am

Well for the strikers, most of them are like 'I want the number 9' but it's already taken so they just take the 99 shirt

I've heard cases where people want a number like 10 or something but it's already taken so they get the number 91 so it's like 9+1 and stuff. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:52 am

I hate it when I see players with ridiculous numbers on their shirts, it looks so tacky Dry Smile
    Edd
    Edd

Post by Edd Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:54 am

Cam wrote:Well for the strikers, most of them are like 'I want the number 9' but it's already taken so they just take the 99 shirt

I've heard cases where people want a number like 10 or something but it's already taken so they get the number 91 so it's like 9+1 and stuff. shifty
    you are very correct, well thought out, i did some more research on antonio cassano and i found this:
    On 13 August 2007, Sampdoria took Cassano on a one-year loan, agreeing to pay €1.2 million of his €4.2 million salary.[2] He was presented to approximately 2,500 fans five days later.[citation needed] In his first press conference, Cassano said that since his first-choice number 18 was already taken by teammate Vladimir Koman, he had instead chosen 99, because 9 plus 9 equals 18.
    Edd
    Edd

Post by Edd Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 am

another account, this time on Luccarelli:

Lucarelli's passion for his home club often resulted in many questionable incidents. The May 2005 issue of Calcio Italia magazine reported that he had paid for a bus that brought a cadre of traveling Livorno fans back to the city after they had been arrested for rioting. He has the A.S. Livorno logo tattooed on his left forearm, and his jersey number, 99, was an homage to left-wing ultras group Brigate Autonome Livornesi, which was founded in 1999.
    David N'Gog
    David N'Gog

Post by David N'Gog Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 am

Mindblowing stuff.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:10 am

Inler has 88 because the 8 was already taken Very Happy
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:10 pm

I heard Cassano got the 99 because it was the amount of woman he had slept with shifty

and TBH I'd want the number 99. Such a fucking awesome number

99 or 13 for me shifty
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:11 pm

I think it seems the regular starters get to choose their numbers first and select numbers from 32 and below and the bench players go from 40 to 99. That is how it seems for most of these situations that sends the message to those players that they are good enough to be on the team but not played regularly. As for the 99 it seems to be for the 2nd or 3rd best stricker on a team that is just not quite good enough for 9 but wants it badly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:23 pm