Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Grenade
Paulinho
fluffy_kittens
Lux
HIBBIES_07
Phadunkin Donuts
Weather130
Jorlung
moscowmadeit3
bcfcben
ResurrectionRooney
Uncle John from Jamaica
Jordi
Jeff
VivaRonaldoLAD
19 posters

Stoke City.

VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Stoke City. Empty Stoke City.

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:43 am

What are people's views on their style of football.. or anti-football as some people might call it.

Do you think they should be allowed play how they want... or should the FA do something about it? Could referees offer players more protection?

They remind me of the Bolton a few years back.. used to give everyone problems at the Reebok.

Last edited by VivaRonaldo on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Stoke City. Empty Re: Stoke City.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:47 am

What do you mean should the FA do something about it? Tell them to stop playing long balls and crosses? Huh
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:48 am

James wrote:What do you mean should the FA do something about it? Tell them to stop playing long balls and crosses? Huh

You know how Wenger used to say that his players should be protected more against teams like Bolton... something like that. Im aware that the FA cant just stop them playing that way.. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 am

Do you mean challenging the goalkeeper? I'm not sure what you mean? They aren't a dirty team, they just play direct football.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:50 am

I hate there style of play its the worst out of any other team in the premier league not much you can do about it tho.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:51 am

I think that the time they take on throw ins should be sorted out. Although Newcastle had the right idea and took their time with their throws yesterday.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:52 am

James wrote:Do you mean challenging the goalkeeper? I'm not sure what you mean? They aren't a dirty team, they just play direct football.

Im basically just talking about how over-physical they can be.. I dont mind it personally, but I wanted to hear what others thought.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:53 am

They never did anything about the Crazy Gang of Wimbledon, so they shouldn't do anything about Stoke.

Nothing wrong with it anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:00 am

Stoke are doing nothing wrong and maybe if they continue to be in the premiership, they might buy a different type of player eventually and change their style of play. But they remind something of the old Wimbledon team's of back in the 80's nobody like's playing against them and their style of football, but Stoke should be given credit for what they have done and how they have seemed to look like an established Premier League side whatever type of football they have played, and they dont look like going away anytime soon.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:02 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    James wrote:Do you mean challenging the goalkeeper? I'm not sure what you mean? They aren't a dirty team, they just play direct football.

Im basically just talking about how over-physical they can be.. I dont mind it personally, but I wanted to hear what others thought.
    How physical they have been, you should look back at what football was like back years ago even in 80,s and 90's football was a lot more physical.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:03 am

Nothing wrong with them or their style.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:12 am

Should be thrown out of the Premier League, vile club.
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:15 am

I like them, they have tall physical players and they use it to their advantage. It's only like Barca using their skillful players to their advantage.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:17 am

I don't like their style of play, it's boring and not much fun to watch.

Although, it's effective for them. They aren't the best club but their style is working well for them. They have the physical players to allow it to work and teams hate playing against it.

FA shouldn't do anything about it, there is nothing wrong with it.

Added protection for who, The keepers? They already get a lot of protection now anyways.

Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:20 am

Point wrote:I think that the time they take on throw ins should be sorted out. Although Newcastle had the right idea and took their time with their throws yesterday.
    I forget who exactly said it, but at the Stoke vs Manchester United game the commentator was saying they really need to stop the wiping the ball with a dry towel thing for the home team (mostly stoke that do this repetitively but most teams do it). Kind of unfair that the home team gets to throw in a completely dry ball and the away team has to "dry it" with their already soaked jerseys.

But anyway I don't really see anything wrong with Stoke's style of play. As said before they use their size and physic to their advantage. Sometimes they do get a bit rough but that's no one's but the ref's fault if the physical play is to much (mind you I don't mean people getting injured and such).
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:57 pm

Might not be the most entertaining football but they not breaking any laws of the game so let them keep doing what they do. As long as the ball boys provide equal usage of the towels during rainy nights then I am fine about what they do.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Stoke City are not a dirty team when you look at the simple fair table where they are tied for 7th with 18 yellows and 0 reds (18 pts). Chelsea are in last with 26 yellows and 3 reds (32 pts).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:05 pm

There is nothing wrong with Stokes sit in defence, hoof it up field, only score from throw-ins and lets play rugby tactics.

People should let them play how they want to play.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:15 pm

I don't mind them tbh.. as long as the reg isn't biased towards them.

Tony the Tramp can gtfo and die though.
    HIBBIES_07

Supports : Hibernian

Post by HIBBIES_07 Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Nothing wrong with their style of play at all. Just because they don't knock the ball around like Barcelona doesn't mean they're breaking any rules. They have been a solid and competitive team since they joined the premier league and have been improving every year.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Ignorance.

Wenger moans about a team who have a better disciplinary record than his.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:49 pm

I love them, they know they dont have the money or history for star players so they get all big guys, load the fucking box and long throw in, always score on gritty scrums in the box where you cant tell what the hell is goin on half the time. They are annoying as hell to play against but I like that they know what they have to do to stay in the Prem and they consistently do it.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:34 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:I like that they know what they have to do to stay in the Prem and they consistently do it.

This.

Pulis is doing the right things, fantastic manager
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Jorlung wrote:
    Point wrote:I think that the time they take on throw ins should be sorted out. Although Newcastle had the right idea and took their time with their throws yesterday.
    I forget who exactly said it, but at the Stoke vs Manchester United game the commentator was saying they really need to stop the wiping the ball with a dry towel thing for the home team (mostly stoke that do this repetitively but most teams do it). Kind of unfair that the home team gets to throw in a completely dry ball and the away team has to "dry it" with their already soaked jerseys.

But anyway I don't really see anything wrong with Stoke's style of play. As said before they use their size and physic to their advantage. Sometimes they do get a bit rough but that's no one's but the ref's fault if the physical play is to much (mind you I don't mean people getting injured and such).

This isn't true. If the players want that towel they just have to ask for it. They don't stop the away teams using them.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 pm

James wrote:
    Jorlung wrote:I forget who exactly said it, but at the Stoke vs Manchester United game the commentator was saying they really need to stop the wiping the ball with a dry towel thing for the home team (mostly stoke that do this repetitively but most teams do it). Kind of unfair that the home team gets to throw in a completely dry ball and the away team has to "dry it" with their already soaked jerseys.

This isn't true. If the players want that towel they just have to ask for it. They don't stop the away teams using them.
    Arsenal don't give Stoke towels for throws.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 pm

That's because Arsenal don't use towels themselves. It was quite obviously referring to games at Britannia. Moron.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:46 am

it's not direct when that shambolic footballer Rory Delap takes one minute for every throw-in.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:24 am

They found their strength and found how to stay in the premiership, and they play to those strengths and are successful in doing so. Nothing in the rules against long throws etc. If they tried to pass the ball about etc. they'd get ripped apart.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:37 am

The Fa need to something about how long it takes for them, to take a throw in.

Fucking joke.
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Supports : Liverpool

Post by SpiritOfShankly Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:39 am

No they don't that's up to the ref to add the time on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:23 am