Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Rafa criticises former Liverpool owners.

SBSP
    SBSP

Rafa criticises former Liverpool owners. Empty Rafa criticises former Liverpool owners.

Post by SBSP Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:07 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9107108.stm

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has launched a cryptic attack on the club's ousted owners and current managing director Christian Purslow.
    Benitez left to become manager of Italian giants Inter Milan last summer after six years in charge at Anfield.
    But he hit out at former co-owner Tom Hicks's claim that he was to blame for the Reds' worst ever start to a season.
    "We have a saying in Spanish: 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk'," said Benitez.
    Hicks criticised Benitez for wasting much of the money he was given to spend during the latter half of his tenure.
    But Benitez has insisted the Americans were to blame, citing their appointment of Purslow in the summer of last year as the beginning of a downward spiral that ended in the Spaniard's exit.
    Hicks and George Gillett lost Liverpool to New England Sports Ventures (NESV) on Friday after a lengthy takeover saga.
    But in a bizarre outburst, Benitez compared events leading up to his departure to a bottle of milk.
    "What does this mean? It means that after 86 points and finishing second in the league, what changed?" he said.
    "The Americans, they chose a new managing director and everything changed.
    "So, what changed?
    "The managing director is involved in all the decisions: new lawyer, new chief of press, new manager, nine new players, new medical staff, new fitness coaches - they changed everything.
    "At the beginning, they changed the managing director who was talking with some players, and they changed everything that we were doing in the past.
    "So, if you want to ask again what was going on, it's simple: they changed something and, at the end, they changed everything.
    "So, white liquid in a bottle: milk. You will know who is to blame."
    Pressed further on the matter, Benitez would only say: "White liquid in a bottle. If I see John the milkman in the Wirral, where I was living, with this bottle, I'd say, 'It's milk, sure'."
    He added: "The only thing I can say is that I'm sorry for the fans."
    Sunday's defeat to Merseyside rivals Everton leaves Liverpool second from bottom in the table.

I have to say it makes sense apart from:
    "We have a saying in Spanish: 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk'," said Benitez.
    shifty Laughing
    Anonymous

Rafa criticises former Liverpool owners. Empty Re: Rafa criticises former Liverpool owners.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:04 pm

He is correct.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Rafa criticises former Liverpool owners. Empty Re: Rafa criticises former Liverpool owners.

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Haha Yea, wtf is up with the milk cliche? I don't even have a theory as to what in the blue fuck that means. confused
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:57 pm

As for the substance, I agree with him. But I also agree with the Yanks in some regard. In sum, it was both of their faults. It wasn't the Yanks who mismanaged the personel down the stretch. For example, it wasn't Hicks who pulled Torres off with the game tied in the second half of a must-win game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:11 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:Haha Yea, wtf is up with the milk cliche? I don't even have a theory as to what in the blue fuck that means. confused

In context it means that whoever looks like the cause of Liverpool's troubles at first glance is probably the culprit. You don't have to delve any deeper.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:12 pm

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Basically. I found an article on it as well:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8074570/Meet-John-the-Milkman-the-man-at-the-centre-of-Rafa-Benitezs-barmy-outburst.html
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Makes perfect sense. Well done Rafa. Shame the media won't understand and will just resort 'another foreigner in the league, must criticise to protect our world class English managers'
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 pm

This is like the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal: everybody is to blame. Everybody is the bad guy. Nobody has behaved well.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:25 am

The real question is; Is it full fat or semi-skimmed? Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm just thinking, this white liquid in a bottle might be something else. Laughing

NGreat wrote:The real question is; Is it full fat or semi-skimmed? Neutral
    Laughing
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:49 am

menalawyerguy wrote:Haha Yea, wtf is up with the milk cliche? I don't even have a theory as to what in the blue fuck that means. confused

Not sure if you have ever heard the saying if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck. That is basically what his milk saying is referring too.

It's basically saying that they had 86 points, finished 2nd and things were good, then brought in a new man who made other changes so ultimately he (Purslow) is the reason why things went south.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:48 pm