Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Lux
ResurrectionRooney
6 posters

What the fuck is wrong with Russia?

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

What the fuck is wrong with Russia? Empty What the fuck is wrong with Russia?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:47 am

Not for the faint of heart

Anonymous

What the fuck is wrong with Russia? Empty Re: What the fuck is wrong with Russia?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:55 am

At least people stopped in this video. This just shows your claims of us doing the same thing as in the China video is false.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

What the fuck is wrong with Russia? Empty Re: What the fuck is wrong with Russia?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:00 am

How the fuck does it prove me wrong? I didn't see anyone rushing over to help, did you?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:12 am

Are you fucking blind? I saw at least 4 people stop and get out of their cars after she was hit.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 am

Yeah, to watch, that's covered in the bystander effect.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:20 am

facepalm The clip only shows a few seconds after the accident. Just enough time for someone to get out of their car. You can even see on of them running probably to get help/call the police.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:22 am

Why would they call the police when the police are already there? Idiot.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:26 am

ahlycotc wrote:facepalm The clip only shows a few seconds after the accident. Just enough time for someone to get out of their car. You can even see on of them running probably to get help/call the police.

Exactly facepalm

People aren't going to instantly rush out into traffic after someone was just run over. In the few seconds that the 1/2 people you could actually see in the camera didn't rush over instantly....they were probably in shock or something, it's not like they walked past like it never happened.

People stopped, and the police rushed over.

Doesn't prove your point at all RR.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 am

The thing is though, in the other clip a little girl was left there for minutes as bypassers ignored her. In this one you can clearly see a the police are already at the scene, so they don't need to get help.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:36 am

You could also see drivers stop their car and get out to check on the pedestrian. I doubt those drivers saw the policeman standing over there.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:58 am

In fairness this video wasn't really intended to illustrate the point about the Bystander effect, more the retardation of a person to walk into a motorway with their kid.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:17 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:In fairness this video wasn't really intended to illustrate the point about the Bystander effect, more the retardation of a person to walk into a motorway with their kid.

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly why you posted this video. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:15 am

The driver tried to stop and all the smoke went up from his tires and he slowed. Fell bad for everyone involved though.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:46 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:How the fuck does it prove me wrong? I didn't see anyone rushing over to help, did you?

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Yeah, to watch, that's covered in the bystander effect.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:In fairness this video wasn't really intended to illustrate the point about the Bystander effect, more the retardation of a person to walk into a motorway with their kid.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:50 am

RR's ego has blown out of proportion. He was proven wrong and then tries to act like he wasn't even talking about the bystander effect. facepalm
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:55 am

hahahahah omg what an idiot
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:02 pm

If this video was to prove the Chinese video it would have to be a bit longer to show what was going on. I do see some sort of reaction going on here, did this person die as well? Would be nice to have the full story here.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:43 pm

LOL @ RR proving himself wrong.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Yes, the two year old was obliterated. Note that I only brought China into it when Ahly dishonestly claimed that it proved me wrong in the other thread, which I don't think it does.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:26 pm

That's weak man.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:35 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Yes, the two year old was obliterated. Note that I only brought China into it when Ahly dishonestly claimed that it proved me wrong in the other thread, which I don't think it does.

My God, your giant ego is as big as my cock. You clearly created this thread to illustrate the bystander affect. The video you posted does nothing to support your claims and in fact disproves it seeing as several bystanders stopped what they were doing and offered help. After being proven wrong, you attempt to diffuse the situation by claiming your intention of posting the video was to illustrate a stupid pedestrian.

You were simply proved wrong and your behavior is weak. Why can't you ever admit wrongdoing? We won't bite.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:01 pm

WHY WOULD I POST A VIDEO THAT PROVES ME WRONG TO ILLUSTRATE MY POINT???
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:03 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:WHY WOULD I POST A VIDEO THAT PROVES ME WRONG TO ILLUSTRATE MY POINT???

BECAUSE YOU AREN'T THE BRIGHTEST!!!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:WHY WOULD I POST A VIDEO THAT PROVES ME WRONG TO ILLUSTRATE MY POINT???

Ask yourself. Capitalizing your post doesn't make you look any more innocent.

Here is a question...why did you claim that the video was not used to illustrate the bystander effect and instead a stupid pedestrian after you were called out? If you were using it to illustrate the bystander effect and then lie about it, it's obvious you were proven wrong and wanted a way out to avoid embarrassment. Your shit's weak, son.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:13 pm

You claimed it proved me wrong when it does nothing of the sort, it is normal that I would defend my point of view in such a circumstance.

If you start a thread about a goal scored by a player, and I say it disproves the Koran because he's not a Muslim and he scored, and you say 'No that's ridiculous', that doesn't mean you were posting the goal to prove the Koran is true, does it?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:20 pm

You just sound stupider and stupider with every post, RR. I'll go down to your level and actually argue your ridiculous analogy (you always come up with such gems).

If I posted a video of a player scoring a goal, I would be posting it because it was a good goal or for any other reason. I wouldn't be posting it to prove the Quran is true or not.

You however, posted this video to prove the bystander effect. Your thread title and the tie to the discussion of the effect in the China thread suggest you were posting this video to prove the bystander effect. This became even clearer when I replied to it and you continued to mention the bystander effect. Once two or more members supported my view, you did a complete 180 and claimed it was to show how stupid the pedestrian was (what BS). And to my surprise, you go back on your words again and claim this is in fact about the bystander effect.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:22 pm

You tied it to the Bystander effect by saying it disproved it, when it obviously didn't. Now you are trying to twist things to say I am using this to support the Bystander effect. There are many, many better examples and studies that I could use to support the Bystander Effect than this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:27 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You tied it to the Bystander effect by saying it disproved it, when it obviously didn't. Now you are trying to twist things to say I am using this to support the Bystander effect. There are many, many better examples and studies that I could use to support the Bystander Effect than this.

And unfortunately you chose the shittiest video to prove your point. I took the bystander effect in psychology class in college. I know what it is. In the China thread you said we were all hypocrites for claiming we would have helped the child because of the bystander effect. Yet people have come forward of real life examples in which they did take action. This video also proves people taking action. I'm not arguing the bystander effect. I'm just showing you how that video does not prove the bystander effect (especially your claim that we are all hypocrites).
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm

It was never intended to prove the Bystander effect. You and a few other people need to get over your obsession with attempting to prove me wrong.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:38 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:How the fuck does it prove me wrong? I didn't see anyone rushing over to help, did you?

Notice how you don't say "this video was intended to show the pedestrian". No, you in fact talk about the bystander effect.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Yeah, to watch, that's covered in the bystander effect.

Again, mention of the bystander effect.

Oh what's this? Changing your mind now?

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Yes, the two year old was obliterated. Note that I only brought China into it when Ahly dishonestly claimed that it proved me wrong in the other thread, which I don't think it does.

Here is the real gem. You say the video actually proves the bystander effect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:15 am