Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
The Zlatan
moscowmadeit3
Jord
LFC_Grunners
theboss
9 posters

Manchester city's new academy complex; a huge sign of intent

theboss
    theboss

Manchester city's new academy complex; a huge sign of intent Empty Manchester city's new academy complex; a huge sign of intent

Post by theboss Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:14 am

When I heard the news of the new academy, it surprised me as it showed the city owners, actually new a thing or two about football rather than just spend, spend. Could Manchester City ever become self self-sufficient?
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Manchester city's new academy complex; a huge sign of intent Empty Re: Manchester city's new academy complex; a huge sign of intent

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:16 am

Man City have always had one of the best youth systems in the country.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Manchester city's new academy complex; a huge sign of intent Empty Re: Manchester city's new academy complex; a huge sign of intent

Post by Jord Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:16 am

Yes. But not to the extent of Barcelona.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:18 am

To an extent. They'll have one of, if not, the best youth facilities in the world. If they don't get any of come out of the youth they'll just buy some one world class instead.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:27 am

*Knew
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 am

When is the last time, someone decent went through there academy?
    theboss
    theboss

Post by theboss Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:31 am

Mr Leiva wrote:When is the last time, someone decent went through there academy?

Michael Johnson smug
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:32 am

Mr Leiva wrote:When is the last time, someone decent went through there academy?
    I believe Vladimír Weiss came straight from their academy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:33 am

Sturridge?
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:35 am

SWP, Barton, Micah Richards and Sturridge all came from City's academy Wink
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Post by SpiritOfShankly Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:39 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:

SWP - Nottingham Forest.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:52 am

SpiritOfShankly wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:

SWP - Nottingham Forest.

Embarassed

I'm guessing City signed him young then? I know he's been there for as long as I can remember
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:10 am

Recipe for success:

1.Build an academy
    2.Hire the best youth coaches money can buy
    3.Go around the world and recruit promising youngsters for the academy
    4.Get local talent involved as well
    5.Emphazise development, creativity and footballing ability rather than tactics
    6.Sit back and watch.

That's how Ajax have done it, and are still doing, and that's how Barcelona are doing it. The better the players around you are, the better is your chance of fullfilling your potential. The more the actual technical aspect of football is developed, the better the "final" product will be.

If Manchester City can get past the English mentality of developing tactically and physically strong players, remove the "winning at all cost" mentality from their youth system and hire the right people. They will become a massive club indeed...
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Post by SpiritOfShankly Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:
    SpiritOfShankly wrote:

SWP - Nottingham Forest.

Embarassed

I'm guessing City signed him young then? I know he's been there for as long as I can remember

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:09 pm

If my own team, Wisla, can make a youth academy based on the Dutch System, then Man City can definitely do so. Laughing
    JamieB
    JamieB

Supports : Manchester United

Post by JamieB Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Zlatan wrote:*Knew

Huh? shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:50 pm