Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Pippo
Kuled
Jaetinh
El_indian
Gegilworld93
Cadbury
Jord
SBSP
Jayx1012
Jordi
Clark
Coatsy
16 posters

Which animals would you bring back from extinction?

Anonymous

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which animals would you bring back from extinction?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:50 am

None but I'd be glad if certain animals and insects around now would become extinct.
    Anonymous

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which animals would you bring back from extinction?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:55 am

Awesome thread.

Woolly Mammoth
    Woolly Rhinocerous
    Sabre-Toothed Cat.
    Dire Wolf.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:57 am

I was just looking up some stuff about the Mammoth, I would want those Giant Sloth's and Cave Bears back, and Woolly Rhino.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:59 am

Just thinking about this just makes me depressed. All those wonderful creatures that just died out or evolved into shittier versions. Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 1371890812
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:36 pm

SBSP wrote:Feeding dinosaurs would be cost a retarded amount of money.
    Depends on the dinosaur. Most of the smaller ones probably need less food than the average American does.

RobbieSavageIsA... wrote:None but I'd be glad if certain animals and insects around now would become extinct.

I hope humans are included in your list.

Eternal Witcher wrote:Just thinking about this just makes me depressed. All those wonderful creatures that just died out or evolved into shittier versions. Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 1371890812
    And we, and our ancestors are mostly to blame.

Whooly Mammoths survived in Siberia for a long time to come (Humans already had cities and states when they were still around). They can most probably have survived if humans didn't hunt them, and I'd wager would survive today in modern Siberia if cloned, bred and reintroduced.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:51 pm

No, polska. Mammoths died because they were suited to the Ice Age, so they couldn't live in the warmth after the Ice Age.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Not in Europe, Mammoths survived in Siberia until around 5000bc, and I think survived on arctic islands until 2000bc.

Anyway, their have been fluctuations in climate between ice ages for a long time whilst mammoths have existed. I'm willing to bet that historically, mammoths adapted to the warm weather, and only failed to do so this time because humans hunted them to show low numbers.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Last post invoked me to do some research...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmy_Mammoth

I would get that without a doubt. An Elephant only as tall as man? WANT! Very Happy

I would ride around Toronto with my pygmy mammoth. Cool
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:32 pm

polska. wrote:
    RobbieSavageIsA... wrote:None but I'd be glad if certain animals and insects around now would become extinct.

I hope humans are included in your list.

They're at #3 on the list.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:37 pm

King Kong.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Nessy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Are dragons extinct yet? On Harry Potter they say there's not many left I think. Giants too. And Unicorns.

I would try to protect the Marine Iguanas that are native animals to the Galapagos Islands and can't be found anywhere else.
    Jaetinh
    Jaetinh

Post by Jaetinh Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 pm

I'd want these back to life again

Mastodon
    Pterodactylus
    Triceratops
    Saber-toothed tiger
    Tyrannosaurus

They came back to life in 1993 in America but after around three years they weren't needed anymore so they somehow disappeared.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Jaetinh wrote:I'd want these back to life again

Mastodon
    Pterodactylus
    Triceratops
    Saber-toothed tiger
    Tyrannosaurus

They came back to life in 1993 in America but after around three years they weren't needed anymore so they somehow disappeared.

What? Laughing
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 pm

None because then there's a bigger chance that animals would kill us Run Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Kuled wrote:None because then there's a bigger chance that animals would kill us Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 78475 Neutral

Who gives a fuck, we just kill each other instead.
    Jayx1012

Post by Jayx1012 Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:03 am

+ we have guns.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:28 am

proberly some animal that could survive today without wiping out a species
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 am

I'd only bring back animals wiped out because of humans being humans. Nothing that died out because of climate change etc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:38 am

Whatever killed it off, the Sabre-toothed tiger is the best there ever was and I want.

Is it actually possible to clone them back or what?
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:43 am

Trilobite
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:00 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Whatever killed it off, the Sabre-toothed tiger is the best there ever was and I want.

Is it actually possible to clone them back or what?
    I don't see why not, so long as we have genetic material to clone them from.

And the Sabre-toothed Tiger died off due to a combination of things, most notably Americas connecting a second time meaning new predators came in and basically hunted down their usual prey to low numbers (and the Sabre-tooth wasn't adapted to hunting animals other than large herbivores, any small prey would easily outrun them and these cats weren't stalkers), thus whilst they've been around for 42 million years, their numbers were already rather small during recent times. In addition, a change in the environment caused by the ice age ending (much of the savannah-grassland that was once the Amazon became rainforest) contributed, though this has happened hundreds of times before, this time however, Humans were finally in South America. (Thus you can guess what happened to the last remaining large prey herbivores, ie; their only food source)

Also you know Marsupials once inhabited the Americas?

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Thylacosmilus_Amerika

That is not a Saber-Toothed Cat. That is a South American Saber-Toothed Marsupial! (Thus more closely related to Kangaroos than cats!) What a fine example of Convergent Evolution!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:06 am

The world must have been so intriguing back then. Not much video-games or Movies seem to cover it. Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 1371890812

Mammoths in Skyrim though. Win.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:17 am

There are lots of cool animals that those stupid native americans hunted into extinction in the Americans

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 AstrapotheriumDB

Half Elephant - Half Mega-Tapir like animal? want! Very Happy Introduce it to India and see what happens. Laughing

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 800px-Panthera_leo_atrox_Sergiodlarosa

American Lion

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Glyptodon_old_drawing
    Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Glyptodon_%28Riha2000%29
    Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Glyptodon-1

Glyptodons

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Mixotoxodon

Mixotoxodons

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Titanis07DB

Terror Birds (these things were huge... they hunted large herbivore prey like the Saber-tooth and thus shared a similar fate) (these things were super-huge! Could bring down one of those Elephant-Mega Tapir animals I posted first in this post!)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:23 am

That armadillo, are fucking kidding me? Laughing Fucking savages back in those days, can't believe we're still hunting animals to extinction.

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 10000-bc-3

10,000 B.C, decent film for having a few amazing creatures in it.

Largest mammal ever this one.

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Paraceratherium_and_child_1280
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:37 am

The next generation will probably be saying Tigers Crying or Very sad
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:50 am

Walking with Dinosaurs. not worthy Walking with Beasts. not worthy
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 am

polska. wrote:There are lots of cool animals that those stupid native americans hunted into extinction in the Americans

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 AstrapotheriumDB

Half Elephant - Half Mega-Tapir like animal? want! Very Happy Introduce it to India and see what happens. Laughing

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 800px-Panthera_leo_atrox_Sergiodlarosa

American Lion

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Glyptodon_old_drawing
    Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Glyptodon_%28Riha2000%29
    Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Glyptodon-1

Glyptodons

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Mixotoxodon

Mixotoxodons

Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Titanis07DB

Terror Birds (these things were huge... they hunted large herbivore prey like the Saber-tooth and thus shared a similar fate) (these things were super-huge! Could bring down one of those Elephant-Mega Tapir animals I posted first in this post!)
    Wow, some of these animals look amazing Very Happy Would like to bring them back Crying or Very sad
    Jaetinh
    Jaetinh

Post by Jaetinh Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:21 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Jaetinh wrote:I'd want these back to life again

Mastodon
    Pterodactylus
    Triceratops
    Saber-toothed tiger
    Tyrannosaurus

What? Laughing

They did, I'm surprised none of you knew.

Mastodon
    Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Mastodon

Pterodactyl
    Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Pterodactyl

Triceratops
    Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Triceratops

Sabertooth tiger
    Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Sabertooth-tiger

Tyrannosaurus
    Which animals would you bring back from extinction? - Page 2 Tyrannosaurus
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:27 am

Definitely going to give that walking with beasts a watch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:34 am