Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
SBSP
Pippo
ResurrectionRooney
easley91
8 posters

Russian Ice Hockey team plane crash

Anonymous

Russian Ice Hockey team plane crash Empty Russian Ice Hockey team plane crash

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:22 am

MOSCOW — A Russian jet carrying hockey players to their first match of the season crashed on takeoff Wednesday, killing 36 people and dealing another blow to the country’s safety record.

The Yak-42 passenger jet took off from Yaroslavl airport about 300 kilometres (185 miles) northeast of Moscow just as a two-day political forum expected to be attended by President Dmitry Medvedev opened its doors.

“We believe that there were 37 people on board. 36 of them are presumed dead and one is believed to be injured,” emergencies ministry spokeswoman Yelena Smirnykh told Rossiya 24 state television.

The local emergencies ministry said the jet was taking members of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl ice hockey team to the Belarus capital Minsk for the their first match of the 2011-2012 season.

The names of those involved in the crash have not yet been released, but the team’s roster includes Pavol Demitra, Jan Marek, Ruslan Salei, Josef Vasicek, Alexander Vyukhin and others. Former NHL assistant coach Brad McCrimmon had been set to begin his first season as the team’s head coach.

Horrible news. R.I.P
    Anonymous

Russian Ice Hockey team plane crash Empty Re: Russian Ice Hockey team plane crash

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:26 am

1 person was really really really really lucky eek
    Anonymous

Russian Ice Hockey team plane crash Empty Re: Russian Ice Hockey team plane crash

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:07 am

Sad to hear. Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:18 am

R.I.P
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:25 am

Awful.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:51 am

RIP to all those who died in the crash, even those who are not involved in the hockey team (if there were any).

Reminds me of the Munich disaster, and I only just saw a programme on that last week. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by easley91 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 am

James wrote:1 person was really really really really lucky eek

Yeah, he's so lucky, all his colleagues are dead, he's injured, that's like winning the lottery.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:12 am

I heard that 2 people survived.

RIP to all the people who died.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:13 pm

easley91 wrote:RIP to all those who died in the crash, even those who are not involved in the hockey team (if there were any).

Reminds me of the Munich disaster, and I only just saw a programme on that last week. Russian Ice Hockey team plane crash 573298
    I think you used the wrong smiley there.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:57 pm

what eek is this like actual proper Russian International hockey team?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Apparently 43 people died and 2 survived. Sad

R.I.P

http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/7516673-419/tragedy-strikes-russian-hockey-team-as-jet-crashes-killing-43.html
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:04 pm

really?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Obviously James didn't mean he was lucky like that, he means considering he was in the same plane as all them people that died and he survived.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Jesus. Neutral

RIP. Sad
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:26 pm

SBSP wrote:
    easley91 wrote:RIP to all those who died in the crash, even those who are not involved in the hockey team (if there were any).

Reminds me of the Munich disaster, and I only just saw a programme on that last week. Russian Ice Hockey team plane crash 573298

Did I? I saw a crying emoticon and that's what I wanted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:29 am

Yeah that's a happy cry.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:36 am

I didn't want a happy cry. Neutral
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:38 am

SBSP wrote:

Reminds me of the Munich disaster, and I only just saw a programme on that last week. Crying or Very sad

Fixed it now, honestly didn't see the smile when I first saw or even until just now when I had to look real close, my eyes must be messed up. Neutral

Last edited by easley91 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:38 am

easley91 wrote:I didn't want a happy cry. Neutral
    I'm aware of that, just telling you it is a happy cry for future reference.. Neutral
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:42 am

kyro7 wrote:
    easley91 wrote:I didn't want a happy cry. Neutral
    I'm aware of that, just telling you it is a happy cry for future reference.. Neutral

Thanks, it was when you said that it was I looked at it closer. Messed up eyes fail me. Embarassed

Anyway, I hope Russian hockey can come back from this, it is a massive sport over there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:56 am

Does it really matter. The thing is crying.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:02 am

Dan wrote:Does it really matter. The thing is crying.. Neutral
    Well once you know what he means it doesn't matter but it's a happy cry so it's very different, yes. Neutral
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:11 pm

The KHL is really much more like the European Superleague idea but only for hockey. In this league you have teams based in Belarus, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Slovakia and of course Russia. Now with this team from Slovakia joining the league it has finally expanded outside of the old Soviet Union.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:01 am

Dreadful news. R.I.P
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14879198

R.I.P. to all of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 pm