Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Trig
The Bat-Man
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
blackskar
Potato-7
arsenalap11
fluffy_kittens
Cameron.
XavIniesta_6
Phadunkin Donuts
Cadbury
Ben 10
Barton
Ricardo
Dean
SpiritOfShankly
dena
Jamie
easley91
Mal
Demba Ba
CoVkId01
Paulinho
Impeccabubble
Hitchy
Kuled
Bye_Ya
GK01
Zzonked
33 posters

Tottenham v Man City - 1:30pm - ESPN

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Tottenham v Man City - 1:30pm - ESPN Empty Tottenham v Man City - 1:30pm - ESPN

Post by Zzonked Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Probable line ups:

Tottenham v Man City - 1:30pm - ESPN Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Manch-001

• City have scored once in their last four league games against Tottenham, and that was a Peter Crouch own goal

• Tottenham have not lost at home to City in the league since they were beaten 2-0 in April 2003 – Joey Barton and David Sommeil got the goals for the visitors

• City have attempted as many shots in two games this season (39) as they did in their first five in 2010-11

• Brad Friedel has made more saves (16) than any other keeper in the division

• Micah Richards has already assisted more goals (two) in two games in 2011-12 than he did in the whole of last season

Last edited by Zzonked on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Tottenham v Man City - 1:30pm - ESPN Empty Re: Tottenham v Man City - 1:30pm - ESPN

Post by GK01 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Gonna get raped.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Tottenham v Man City - 1:30pm - ESPN Empty Re: Tottenham v Man City - 1:30pm - ESPN

Post by Bye_Ya Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Will be tough for Spurs, and a loss would make their start difficult as well. City needs to win to stay in contention with United who are obviously favored to beat the Gunners. Big game for both teams early in the campaign.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Very tough game but I'm going for a man city win. 2-1.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Oh yeah 4-0 to City.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:45 pm

GK01 wrote:Oh yeah 4-0 to City.
    Bollocks. It's going to be a tight game and you know it.
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Should be an entertaining game. I'm gonna go for a 2-1 upset in favour of Spurs
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Kuled wrote:
    GK01 wrote:Oh yeah 4-0 to City.
    Bollocks. It's going to be a tight game and you know it.

Fuck that we're fucked.
    Impeccabubble
    Impeccabubble

Post by Impeccabubble Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:51 pm

We are horrible against Spurs, I'd be happy with a good performance and a point. At least it doesn't look like Crouch will play he always causes problems.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Impeccabubble wrote:We are horrible against Spurs, I'd be happy with a good performance and a point. At least it doesn't look like Crouch will play he always causes problems.

Crouch = GONE. May as well be off to Stoke.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Everyone's taking Kyro's approach -_-
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Kuled wrote:Everyone's taking Kyro's approach -_-

I'm actually not, I'd be more confident against Chelsea then I would be City or United, Citys just too strong, and United are United, I see weaknesses in Chelsea though, and other clubs Laughing
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Can't see Tottenham stopping City the way that they have been playing...Silva is seemingly establishing himself as the best player in the Prem and if Spurs play as badly as they did against United...can't expect too much of a fight from them
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:45 pm

psyroukis wrote:Can't see Tottenham stopping City the way that they have been playing...Silva is seemingly establishing himself as the best player in the Prem and if Spurs play as badly as they did against United...can't expect too much of a fight from them

We played well in the first half ...... cunt shifty
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Post by Paulinho Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:47 pm

I disagree man...if Lennon's final ball had been better a couple times you could've had a shout. Im from Melbourne btw, reckon Roar will play even better this season
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:50 pm

psyroukis wrote:I disagree man...if Lennon's final ball had been better a couple times you could've had a shout. Im from Melbourne btw, reckon Roar will play even better this season

Well we played better then we did the second half, the second half our lack of match practice showed, and we weren't horrible at all, we'll get there as the season progresses.

And I don't know we lost McKay, Nicholas in the middle, fat shit he is Dry Smile. You'll do well with Kewell (If you support the Victory shifty)
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Post by Paulinho Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:52 pm

I personally think that Modric was what was missing, with him you're a completely different team.

Yeah McKay is a big loss he was one of my favourite players ... Yeah Victory fan...there's only 1 team in Melbourne lol
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Don't think this is on TV Neutral
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:56 pm

psyroukis wrote:I personally think that Modric was what was missing, with him you're a completely different team.

Yeah McKay is a big loss he was one of my favourite players ... Yeah Victory fan...there's only 1 team in Melbourne lol

Probably, but his head isn't in the right place.

Yep Heart, because Victory are scum Razz
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Post by Paulinho Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:59 pm

pfft hahaha
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:17 pm

I'll be interested to see how Man City play in this one. They played for the draw in the away game against Tottenham last year, but if they want to aim for the title this season, they cannot afford to do that.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:34 pm

On ESPN.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Hm, BBC sport said it was on Sky Sports 1 this morning, I looked again now and it says ESPN. Suspect
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Modric will play, and we do well at home against City regardless of their squad. Think it'll be tight, but we'll sneak it 3-2 in a very open game.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:55 pm

It is on ESPN, so I have to stream but I have my resources. Cool
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:26 pm

easley91 wrote:Modric will play, and we do well at home against City regardless of their squad. Think it'll be tight, but we'll sneak it 3-2 in a very open game.

I reckon Modric will struggle to play at his best. Toure and Barry will make sure to suffocate him for space and stop him putting through lots of dangerous balls. It would be even harder for him if De Jong was playing though.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:38 pm

cheesy wrote:
    easley91 wrote:Modric will play, and we do well at home against City regardless of their squad. Think it'll be tight, but we'll sneak it 3-2 in a very open game.

I reckon Modric will struggle to play at his best. Toure and Barry will make sure to suffocate him for space and stop him putting through lots of dangerous balls. It would be even harder for him if De Jong was playing though.

I think Modric will play at his best, or near it. Even without Modric playing at his best, we still may have Huddlestone putting through balls, Bale crosses, Lennon runs, VDV shooting from everywhere and Defoe offside every attack. Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:38 pm

easley91 wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

I think Modric will play at his best, or near it. Even without Modric playing at his best, we still may have Huddlestone putting through balls, Bale crosses, Lennon runs, VDV shooting from everywhere and Defoe offside every attack. Laughing

Sounds positively shit.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Hopefully my satellite survives long enough to watch the football Neutral
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Jamie wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Sounds positively shit.

The first 3 were actually meant to be positive, but the other 2 were meant to be positively shit as you said. Huddlestone can play some beautiful passes on his day, Bale is always a danger, Lennon's pace can always cause problems. VDV needs to be less selfish when in decent areas and there are options, and Defoe just needs to stay onside and score.

Wished Adebayor was eligible today, could do with him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:22 am