Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
LeBron
Mr. Hassard
6 posters

Why are non-English managers being linked with England job?

Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Supports : Blackburn Rovers, Coleraine & Rangers

Why are non-English managers being linked with England job? Empty Why are non-English managers being linked with England job?

Post by Mr. Hassard Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:11 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-boss-Carlo-Ancelotti-reveals-he-would-consider-the-England-managers-job-when-Fabio-Capello-steps-down-in-2012-article601787.html

There is another example of a foreign/non-English coach either being linked with the England job, or simply throwing their hat into the ring. Also, foreign coaches are always being listed in the odds to become England manager. Now why they would do that is pure stupidity, and the fact they want to steal money off punters.

The FA have clearly stated that the next England manager will be English, and until that changes then nobody should be linking foreigners with the England job. Or the coaches themselves shouldn't be saying they want the job, as they know that right now they have a 0% chance of getting it.

It really annoys me that they keep linking the job with people who aren't English. They can't get the job because the FA won't be hiring them. Simple as that.

The British Media really does do my head in sometimes. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Why are non-English managers being linked with England job? Empty Re: Why are non-English managers being linked with England job?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:12 am

Carlo Ancelotti can fuck off. eek
    Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Why are non-English managers being linked with England job? Empty Re: Why are non-English managers being linked with England job?

Post by Mr. Hassard Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:14 am

kyro7 wrote:Carlo Ancelotti can fuck off. eek

Well, i'm not doubting his coaching abilities at all - he's a top manager. I just doubt his chances of getting the England job, which stand about 0% right now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:17 am

Although Ancelotti has a passion, and he's also a decent bloke as much as I hate Chelsea, always talks well, and never really slags off opponents, very classy..

I just want an English manager, I just can't connect with Capello, doesn't even celebrate at all, ugly mug. Neutral
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:18 am

because its a statement to keep the public happy

if jose mourinho resigned today, and announced he wanted the england job

he would *probably* get it
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:26 am

The only decent English managers at the moment are Harry Redknapp and Steve McLaren Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:42 am

Sack Capello, Hire Hodgson.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:50 am

Jamie wrote:Sack Capello, Hire Hodgson.

I'm sure you'd love that. Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:59 am

Aye aye cap'n, I would.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Probably because there are better non-English managers.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Because English managers are shit.

'Cept for 'Arry, trffic man he is.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:28 pm

forestfcfan wrote:The only decent English managers at the moment are Harry Redknapp and Steve McLaren Neutral

The wolly with the brolly! :wall2:
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:41 pm

luke. wrote:
    forestfcfan wrote:The only decent English managers at the moment are Harry Redknapp and Steve McLaren Neutral

The wolly with the brolly! Why are non-English managers being linked with England job? 464118

Steve Mclaren has proved he's a good manager though it just didn't work with England. He's led FC Twente to their first league title. Bloody hell he got Middlesbrough to a UEFA cup final and won the league cup and look at their decline since he's left.

I think the next England manager will be Stuart Pearce..........sadly Neutral
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Phil brown for england!
    Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Post by Mr. Hassard Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce, Steve Bruce, Ian Holloway, Roy Hodgson and possibly Stuart Pearce are the only real contenders for the England job at the minute. As Stuart Pearce is Capello's assistant, and the other four are the only English managers currently in work in the Premier League. And i can't see the FA hiring a current Championship manager to be honest. Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:52 pm

Harry's going nowhere.

I'll chain him to White Hart Lane if I have to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:26 am