Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Demba Ba
Kuled
LFC_Grunners
dena
JonjoShelvey
Theo Filippo
Cadbury
ResurrectionRooney
Mouse
BigAndy9
luke.
VivaRonaldoLAD
16 posters

Roman Abramovich.

VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Roman Abramovich. - Page 2 Empty Re: Roman Abramovich.

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:58 am

Kuled wrote:This forum is being ruined by retards Neutral (not you Viva)

Mostly BigAndy and Splashy who have an agenda against me since they've been banned from EA.

But I'll just ignore them... Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:

Mostly BigAndy and Splashy who have an agenda against me since they've been banned from EA.

Roman Abramovich. - Page 2 I-think-youre-a-cunt-sm
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 am

cheesy wrote:I would not agree with the first part, but definitely with the second.

Abramovic is not a Vladimir Romanov. When I say that, I mean that he does not take complete control of the team. He has control in a way that he probably influences managers and it's obvious he has a big say in the transfers. As far as picking the team goes, the managers do that. Would the managers stick around if they were puppets? When you consider the stature of some of them, the answer is no. If Jose Mourinho hadn't of been picking the team, then he would have left a lot earlier than he eventually did.

Bump this for you as it went to the last post.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 am

Really?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:01 am

Nothing wrong with Splashy. He was unfairly banned from EA and has usually been okay here, but BigAndy. That's a different matter.

Thanks for bumping my post as well.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:02 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:Here we go.... Roman Abramovich. - Page 2 58503

BigAndy9 wrote:Roman Abramovich. - Page 2 556852950

Roman Abramovich. - Page 2 58503, This is a good question Neutral

And yes he does have more say on the squad than the manager. not necceseraly the starting XI, He is going to drive Chelsea into the ground ruining many people careers along the way, Villa Boas is gonna get the sack at the end of the year, Abromavich isn't gonna give him anytime, And pretty soon he will find himself in a position where nobody will want to come and manage at Chelsea, Why would any manager go over their and risk their careers?

Do you think there isn't a managerial model at Chelsea? One of the world's biggest clubs? This is what people fail to see. We run differently to other clubs, our model is different. Gourlay has mentioned this. In order to succeed as a manager you also need to take risks, you won't get anywhere by playing it safe your whole career. Oh, and do you think Courtois & Romeu are 'Roman' signings? Ancelotti was always talking up Torres, and Ramires & Luiz were clearly both bought on Carlo's request. Roman doesn't just go out and buy players for the sake of it, most of the time it's because his manager has asked for him, there was the rare case, like Shevchenko, who Mourinho claims was thrust upon him, but I'm not going to criticise him for putting so much money into the club with such a great return. Villas-Boas won't be sacked, If he doesn't do well, he'll see out his 2 year contract, and leave at the end.

He's doing pretty well for a man who is going to run Chelsea into the ground

Villa Boas will be gone by the end of the season, He's gonna have a good season don't get me wrong but he aint gonna live up to what Abromavich expects, If Avram Grant got the boot after what was a brilliant season then whats going to stop him sacking Villa Boas? He aint gonna change his ways anytime soon. And the reason I say he is running the club into the ground is that nobody wants to manage Chelsea, you're gonna be stuck with "second-string" managers who are only going as it is a step-up as nobody who is seen as World Class are going to want to take the risk.

Grant was always going to get the boot. He didn't change anything after Mourinho left, and if Grant is really the right choice for Chelsea, then I must ask you, how did he do at West Ham? Grant wasn't going to be a long-term appointment, the players didn't like him for a start, he wasn't even properly qualified for the job. Nobody wants to manage Chelsea? Well, if nobody wants to manage us then Roman must have some charm getting all these managers to work for him.
    BigAndy9
    BigAndy9

Supports : Definatly not Andy Carroll

Post by BigAndy9 Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:03 am

Splashy wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

Roman Abramovich. - Page 2 I-think-youre-a-cunt-sm
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:03 am

Also, Villas-Boas has a lot more freedom at the club then previous managers have had.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:04 am

luke. wrote:Also, Villas-Boas has a lot more freedom at the club then previous managers have had.

I would agree with that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:04 am

you are very fiery tonight lukey boy

tell them about the story of that champions league final

grant hid and cowered and camped in a small corner while terry did the 'team talk'
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:06 am

World class managers will always be attracted to the Chelsea job, so they will not end up being stuck with second string managers at all.

There will always be money on offer, so at the end of the day it's a no lose situation for them. If an experienced manager like Guus Hiddink went to Chelsea, had a poor season and got the sack, plenty of jobs would still be on offer for him. Most managers have a bad spell at some point in their career, so it doesn't largely diminish their reputation.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:11 am

luke. wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:Here we go.... Roman Abramovich. - Page 2 58503

BigAndy9 wrote:Roman Abramovich. - Page 2 556852950

And yes he does have more say on the squad than the manager. not necceseraly the starting XI, He is going to drive Chelsea into the ground ruining many people careers along the way, Villa Boas is gonna get the sack at the end of the year, Abromavich isn't gonna give him anytime, And pretty soon he will find himself in a position where nobody will want to come and manage at Chelsea, Why would any manager go over their and risk their careers?

Do you think there isn't a managerial model at Chelsea? One of the world's biggest clubs? This is what people fail to see. We run differently to other clubs, our model is different. Gourlay has mentioned this. In order to succeed as a manager you also need to take risks, you won't get anywhere by playing it safe your whole career. Oh, and do you think Courtois & Romeu are 'Roman' signings? Ancelotti was always talking up Torres, and Ramires & Luiz were clearly both bought on Carlo's request. Roman doesn't just go out and buy players for the sake of it, most of the time it's because his manager has asked for him, there was the rare case, like Shevchenko, who Mourinho claims was thrust upon him, but I'm not going to criticise him for putting so much money into the club with such a great return. Villas-Boas won't be sacked, If he doesn't do well, he'll see out his 2 year contract, and leave at the end.

Villa Boas will be gone by the end of the season, He's gonna have a good season don't get me wrong but he aint gonna live up to what Abromavich expects, If Avram Grant got the boot after what was a brilliant season then whats going to stop him sacking Villa Boas? He aint gonna change his ways anytime soon. And the reason I say he is running the club into the ground is that nobody wants to manage Chelsea, you're gonna be stuck with "second-string" managers who are only going as it is a step-up as nobody who is seen as World Class are going to want to take the risk.

Grant was always going to get the boot. He didn't change anything after Mourinho left, and if Grant is really the right choice for Chelsea, then I must ask you, how did he do at West Ham? Grant wasn't going to be a long-term appointment, the players didn't like him for a start, he wasn't even properly qualified for the job. Nobody wants to manage Chelsea? Well, if nobody wants to manage us then Roman must have some charm getting all these managers to work for him.

Only manager to get Chelsea to the final of a CL?

2nd in the prem missing out by 2 pts, He also got you to Wembley didn't he?

Seems like some pretty good results as well considering that the players didn't even like him, If he would have been given more time, those results could only have got better.

His charms going to run out soon, If Villa Boas gets the boot then I highly doubt anybody who has the correct credentials will take the job, It is not worth the risk for anyone, Managers aren't going to want to move thier family to a brand new country for a job that very well could be goine 12 months down the line.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:14 am

cheesy wrote:World class managers will always be attracted to the Chelsea job, so they will not end up being stuck with second string managers at all.

There will always be money on offer, so at the end of the day it's a no lose situation for them. If an experienced manager like Guus Hiddink went to Chelsea, had a poor season and got the sack, plenty of jobs would still be on offer for him. Most managers have a bad spell at some point in their career, so it doesn't largely diminish their reputation.

It's not just about their repuatations but also their personal life, Would you move along with your family to a brand new country with the history that Abromavich has of firing managers? odds are you will be packing your bags again 12 months later.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:17 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:

Seems like some pretty good results as well considering that the players didn't even like him, If he would have been given more time, those results could only have got better.

His charms going to run out soon, If Villa Boas gets the boot then I highly doubt anybody who has the correct credentials will take the job, It is not worth the risk for anyone, Managers aren't going to want to move thier family to a brand new country for a job that very well could be goine 12 months down the line.

I'll put it this way; It was basically like he was flying a plane that was on auto-pilot, he didn't change anything from Mourinho's set-up. The plane can't fly forever though.

As long as Chelsea stay successful in Europe and in England, managers will be lining up for the job. Rafa Benitez reportedly wanted it desperately, but was denied, Hiddink could come back, but his age might stop him now, and then there's even the possibility of a Mourinho return.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:17 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:
    cheesy wrote:World class managers will always be attracted to the Chelsea job, so they will not end up being stuck with second string managers at all.

It's not just about their repuatations but also their personal life, Would you move along with your family to a brand new country with the history that Abromavich has of firing managers? odds are you will be packing your bags again 12 months later.

Most of them do. Scolari did it and even though he was manager for longer, Ancelotti did it as well.

As I say, any Chelsea manager is going to be receiving unrivalled wages; therefore I don't think his family will be too bothered about moving to a different country, especially when it's a relatviely decent country when compared to others.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:19 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:

That's just a lack of adventure then. To be the best you have to test yourself, and working under Roman would be a pretty big test for most. That seems to be what AVB likes about it the most. He wants to challenge himself, there aren't many bigger challenges. Even if he fails, he'll find a new job and challenge himself again.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 am

AVB is still young and he knows that even if things don't work out at Chelsea, he will still have the world at his feet. I don't think he will be at Chelsea for longer than a couple of years, but if he isn't, there will be plenty of jobs available all around the footballing world.

Guardiola may leave Barca soon, AVB would be able to understand the way they play. Ferguson may leave Man United soon, AVB could be seen as the next long term successor. The Real Madrid job would probably be open at some stage and he could even take on the challenge of trying to bring success to Portugal. This job isn't really a big risk for him, as he has a long managerial career ahead which has only started.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:27 am

He plans to retire within about 10-15 years.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:28 am

luke. wrote:He plans to retire within about 10-15 years.
    Who, Villas-Boas?
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:29 am

Yes.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:33 am

luke. wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:

I'll put it this way; It was basically like he was flying a plane that was on auto-pilot, he didn't change anything from Mourinho's set-up. The plane can't fly forever though.

As long as Chelsea stay successful in Europe and in England, managers will be lining up for the job. Rafa Benitez reportedly wanted it desperately, but was denied, Hiddink could come back, but his age might stop him now, and then there's even the possibility of a Mourinho return.

I think Grant could have adjusted Mourinho's tactics as as time went on, imo it was the right choice to keep the team operating like under Mourinho, and it proved to be a succesful season, A CL final, League cup final and 2nd in the prem is great. The players were used to the tactic and they worked under Grant as well why change something that isn't broken?

Also I doubt that Mourinho will ever return out of his own personal pride, He's just that kinda guy, and I doubt Rafa could have hacked it under Abromavich, he depised the fact the 2 cowboys kept on interfeering at Liverpool,

cheesy wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:

Most of them do. Scolari did it and even though he was manager for longer, Ancelotti did it as well.

As I say, any Chelsea manager is going to be receiving unrivalled wages; therefore I don't think his family will be too bothered about moving to a different country, especially when it's a relatviely decent country when compared to others.

The more he fires manager the less appealing the job becomes though, Ranieri, Mourinho, Grant, Scolari, Ancelotti all were wrongly fired Villa Boas will be next to join this list, Personally I wouldn't take the job with a history like that.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:33 am

luke. wrote:Yes.

Only time will tell whether that happens or not. Sir Alex Ferguson originally planned to retire in 2002. Then he said he wouldn't go beyond 70, but he's still here now and will be 70 in December.

If Villas-Boas gets tired of being a manager, then yes it could happen, but if he finds a club where he's successful and can keep his job, then there's nothing to say that he won't be there for a very long time.

In 15 years, he will only be in his late 40s, which is still rather young for a manager. He could retire then, but decide 5 or 6 years later that he wants to return to the game. He'd still be around for a while if he did do that. As I say, nobody really knows yet.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:35 am

LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:[/color]

I think Grant could have adjusted Mourinho's tactics as as time went on, imo it was the right choice to keep the team operating like under Mourinho, and it proved to be a succesful season, A CL final, League cup final and 2nd in the prem is great. The players were used to the tactic and they worked under Grant as well why change something that isn't broken?

Also I doubt that Mourinho will ever return out of his own personal pride, He's just that kinda guy, and I doubt Rafa could have hacked it under Abromavich, he depised the fact the 2 cowboys kept on interfeering at Liverpool,

cheesy wrote:
    LFC_Grunners wrote:

The more he fires manager the less appealing the job becomes though, Ranieri, Mourinho, Grant, Scolari, Ancelotti all were wrongly fired Villa Boas will be next to join this list, Personally I wouldn't take the job with a history like that.

Grant was never going to stay here long-term. End of.

'I don’t know. I love Chelsea. I was the happiest man when I was there. I was thinking I would be there all my life. So you never know.

'When I sign a contract, I sign with the intention to respect the contract and be happy.'

That's what he said when asked about a return. It could happen. Just not yet.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:40 am

Also, Ranieri was never up to par, he was a great squad builder and scout in a way, Robben & Cech both brought in under him, but he would never have done what Mourinho done. Grant was always going to go, Scolari lost the dressing room and therefore had to go. Ancelotti could have stayed, but he was too light on the players and they got lazy. Nevermind the fact he led us to our lowest points tally in the Abramovich era as well as leading us to our worst run of form in 11 years.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:52 am

None of the managers have been given the time to prove themselves though, They all could have turned those problems around, Just imagine if SAF got the sack after his first season, that would have been dreadful, Abramovich needs to give people more time, He is stopping th club from growing, How is anybody supposed to increase the clubs position if they are getting sacked a year later?, All the managers are just planning for the short-term because of Abramovich's behaviour and are therefore not bothering about the future of Chelsea.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:56 am

That's not the clubs model. I've already told you this.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:02 am

luke. wrote:That's not the clubs model. I've already told you this.

I know it isn't, That's the whole point of my argument, the clubs model is shit Roman Abramovich. - Page 2 225495
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:02 am

In your opinion.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:15 am

I'm pretty sure that a number of people on this forum, as well as a fair amount of football pundits will agree with me.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:17 am

So? It's not going to do anything Laughing

The main point is, managers know what they're stepping into. There's a plan behind it, not just mindless sackings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:26 am