Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Sean
Mr. Hassard
6 posters

Something Interesting I came across...

Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Supports : Blackburn Rovers, Coleraine & Rangers

Something Interesting I came across... Empty Something Interesting I came across...

Post by Mr. Hassard Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:17 am

I was just doing my usual snooping around the internet researching various football managers, players etc I came across something.

Chris Hughton (Newcastle) and Big Sam (Blackburn) were both sacked at around the same time of last season (a week between each other if I remember correctly), and they were replaced by Alan Pardew and (eventually) Steve Kean respectively. I was looking at their win percentages and I thought I would compare them to see who did better over the same period of time - 23 games. Who do you think has done better?

Surprisingly, the have both done equally as well! They both have a win percentage of %26.09, and both have six wins a piece!

I just thought this was interesting, as at the end of last season the media (and myself I must admit) were praising how Pardew had just kept the wheels rolling on Newcastle's since Hughton's departure, whilst (again, along with myself) criticising Steve Kean for turning a relatively solid mid-table side into one which was in a relegation dogfight. And all of this was said despite them both doing equally as well for their respective teams!

Interesting, eh?
    Anonymous

Something Interesting I came across... Empty Re: Something Interesting I came across...

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:25 am

nice sig
    Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Something Interesting I came across... Empty Re: Something Interesting I came across...

Post by Mr. Hassard Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:30 am

mauro=beast wrote:nice sig

Thanks... shifty
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:44 am

Is quite intresting actually.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:44 am

Both of them never deserved to be sacked really and this just goes to prove it. Yes, maybe then could of done better with he results but still the stats go to show the current managers of Newcastle and Blackburn are doing no better.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:45 am

Mr Hassard yippee
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:46 am

Something you came across. hehe
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:46 am

I would never have guessed that they had the same win percentage, guess to show how people base their opinions on things because of the media, sometimes without knowing it Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:07 am

Different expectations.
    Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Post by Mr. Hassard Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:25 am

Jord wrote:Both of them never deserved to be sacked really and this just goes to prove it. Yes, maybe then could of done better with he results but still the stats go to show the current managers of Newcastle and Blackburn are doing no better.

Here here. not worthy

Jay wrote:I would never have guessed that they had the same win percentage, guess to show how people base their opinions on things because of the media, sometimes without knowing it Laughing

Yeah, I think we are all guilty of that to be honest. Laughing

If this teaches us anything, it's that we should stick to what we originally think, and not let the media change our opinions. Wink
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:37 am

That is interesting. The press did make out that Steve Kean was a lot worse than they made Pardew out to be. I don't like either of them to be honest. Both should be fired.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:50 pm