Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
El Jefe
ResurrectionRooney
Ricardo
Jordi
fergiesrednose
SBSP
10 posters

Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid?

Poll

Brilliant or Stupid?

[ 5 ]
    Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? Bar_left50%Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? Bar_left50%Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 10
    SBSP
    SBSP

Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? Empty Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid?

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:15 am

Goalie should have saved it easily TBH. Neutral

Last edited by SBSP on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? Empty Re: Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:16 am

How? Neutral He totally wrong footed him, His entire wait was already pushing him down. Had no chance.
    Anonymous

Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? Empty Re: Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:17 am

TALIBANTER!
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 am

unsportsmanlike. I'd have chinned him.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:How? Neutral He totally wrong footed him, His entire wait was already pushing him down. Had no chance.
    Look at the pace of the ball though. Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:How? Neutral He totally wrong footed him, His entire wait was already pushing him down. Had no chance.
    He turns around early enough for the keeper to notice, and then the ball goes at about two miles per hour. rofl

The only thing I'll give the keeper is that it was 5-2 at the time, so it didn't really matter too much if he saved it or not. think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:22 am

Brilliant. The sheer stupidity of it froze the goalkeeper in his tracks.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:23 am

I changed the title. shifty Probably doesn't make sense now.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:24 am

Paradinha > That.

I liked it though.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:26 am

I'd like to see him fucking do that with an important penalty, cheeky cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:26 am

Didn't they ban players doing something like this shifty
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:28 am

not sure for kicking a penalty like that but defo when a south american player rounded a keeper, knocked the ball up on the goal line and backheeled it in. got a ban for unsportsmanlike behavior.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:37 am

Stupid, most 'keepers would have easily saved that and made him look like a twat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:50 am

I'm with Jela on this... The keeper already was putting his weight down on one side.

Yes the ball was moving slowly but it is still moving pretty fast. I can believe that the shock of what the keeper just saw, together with having to move his entire body weight to the other side and actually dive for it, wouldn't be fast enough.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:33 am

Wish the keeper saved it, even the way he kicked it looked like a donkey.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:37 am

That keeper is shit.

However I scored one of these in a kickabout in proper goals, serious keeper was serious too. smug

Totti says hello.
    Golden_Golz
    Golden_Golz

Post by Golden_Golz Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:20 am

The player could get banned. Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? 70955 Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? 70955 Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? 70955 Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? 70955 Stupidly Brilliant or Brilliantly Stupid? 70955

"The scorer of a backheeled penalty, who has become an internet sensation as a
    result, is facing possible disciplinary action from the United Arab Emirates
    Football Association.
    Theyab Awana stole the headlines in the UAE's 7-2 friendly defeat of Lebanon on
    Sunday for his 78th-minute penalty which he slotted home with his heel after
    running backwards towards the spot.He was shown a yellow card at the time - although his offence was unclear - and
    now the UAE's team manager has hinted at a sanction.Esmaeel Rashed told The National
    newspaper: ''This should not have happened. I
    think what happened is disrespectful. We cannot accept anyone in our
    team who does not respect the opponent and does not respect the people
    who are working, or the supporters.''There are many forms of punishment. We could send him away from the team. We
    could make him pay a fine.''Coach Srecko Katanec was also unimpressed, immediately substituting the player
    after the penalty, just 10 minutes after sending him on.''This is not respect, Okay? I am unhappy. My reaction was normal: I took him
    out,'' he said.Rashed has spoken to Awana and claims the 21-year-old Baniyas midfielder is
    full of remorse for his actions.Rashed added: ''The player, he is very sorry. He said: 'I did wrong. I made a
    mistake. Tell the team I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry I did this thing'.''In the end, he's young, but he has to know what are the good things and the
    bad things. I think he will learn from this moment. He's really, really upset and very
    worried. From when he was sitting with us today, he's blaming himself.''
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:25 am

It went in, so it can't really be stupid.

Not quite as good as Totti's pen though Very Happy
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:34 am

CoVkId01 wrote:It went in, so it can't really be stupid.

Not quite as good as Totti's pen though Very Happy

Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:46 am

polska. wrote:I'm with Jela on this... The keeper already was putting his weight down on one side.

Yes the ball was moving slowly but it is still moving pretty fast. I can believe that the shock of what the keeper just saw, together with having to move his entire body weight to the other side and actually dive for it, wouldn't be fast enough.

He's balance was shifted to one side but look at the pace of the ball Laughing
    Most keepers would get back to save it. It takes what ? 1 second to change direction?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:23 pm