Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SBSP
JonjoShelvey
The Bat-Man
7 posters

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion.

The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Empty Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion.

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:40 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Vfl_borussia_monchengladbach

Current Squad:

TBA

Hashem Najem revealed as Die Fohlen's new manager.

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Hnreve11

Hashem Najem walked into the press conference as the new manager of the massive yet underachieving Borussia Mönchengladbach, referred to normally as simply Gladbach, with his new occupation sealed the Kuwaiti born German national Hashem Najem answered several enquiries from the room full of reporters.

When he was asked about his feelings towards the club, Najem replied "The club, historically, is a great one, with it thoroughly dominating the league through the 70s, but recent hardships weakened the club as a whole but I feel it is my duty to breath new life and success into this club who's history is drenched in success".

"Financial contraints stop me from buying the players I need for instant success but the infrastucture is there in the form of a huge stadium and a loyal support and along with young talents like Marco Rues I am sure that within time I will get the trophies the club deserves" When he was asked about whether the fans can expect instant success.

Last edited by The Bat-Man on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Empty Re: Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion.

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:02 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Transf10

18th July 2010

Paul Stalteri to Ipswich complete

Paul Stalteri was interviewed by TalkSport this morning after his first training session with the Championship club about his move to England's second division.

"I was invited into the bosses room the day he arrived at the job and I asked him "So what can I do for you eh?" and the boss replied as frankly as possible, "You're 32, you're shit and you've played for the scum, the way I see it you're not playing for the club under me" so I said farewell to the boys and moved back to England".

Najem believes Brouwer's sale is pivotal to financing any new signings.

"Although he is a solid centre-half, I have 5 players that can fit in the category and Brouwer's the best candidate for generating some much needed money" explained Najem.

Najem tells Shaqiri to "smell his balls"

When asked about the validity of the rumoured bid for Standard Liege's new man Najem had this to say, "I am very shocked, we had a bid accepted for Shaqiri and offered him double what Standard offered him in wages, but he chose to play for a assy team in a mediocre league, he can smell my balls if I'm honest."

Rudi Wojtowicz spotted in Mexico scouting Gladbach's next top star

Gladbach's head scout was spotted watching several Mexican friendlies, it is rumoured that Najem is planning to snap up a Mexican player after his failed move for the Swiss international Shaqiri.

Last edited by The Bat-Man on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
    JonjoShelvey
    JonjoShelvey

Formerly known as : Snoopy
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club.

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Empty Re: Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion.

Post by JonjoShelvey Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:04 am

The Bat-Man wrote:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Transf10

Paul Stalteri to Ipswich complete

Paul Stalteri completed was interviewed by TalkSport this morning after his first training session with the Championship club about his move to England's second division.

"I was invited into the bosses room the day he arrived at the job and I asked him "So what can I do for you eh?" and the boss replied as frankly as possible, "You're 32, you're shit and you've played for the scum, the way I see it you're not playing for the club under me" so I said farewell to the boys and moved back to England".

Najem believes Brouwer's sale is pivotal to financing any new signings.

"Although he is a solid centre-half, I have 5 players thatcan fit in the category and Brouwer's the best candidate for generating some much needed money" explained Najem.

Najem tells Shaqiri to "smell his balls"

When asked about the validity of the rumoured bid for Standard Liege's new man Najem had this to say, "I am very shocked, we had a bid accepted for Shaqiri and offered him double what Standard offered him in wages, but he chose to play for a assy team in a mediocre league, he can smell my balls if I'm honest."

Rudi Wojtowicz spotted in Mexico scouting Gladbach's next top star

Gladbach's head scout was spotted watching several Mexican friendlies, it is rumoured that Najem is planning to snap up a Mexican player after his failed move for the Swiss international Shaqiri.

Laughing Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:15 am

Smell my balls? Laughing
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:07 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Gbcup10

Borussia Mönchengladbach recorded a surprise 1-0 over Fenerbahce to lift the Gladbach Cup, the winner scored by the second coming of the T-1000, Mahamedou Idrissou.

Gladbach demolished Chivas 4-0 in the semi-final, the highlights being Dante's 30 yard pile-driver from a free-kick and a brace from Mahamedou Idrissou, Juan Arango was the other scorer.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 am

Like that text mate.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Pachecosigning

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Pachecosigningpic

Young attacking midfielder Edgar Iván Pacheco was confirmed as Gladbach's first signing of the summer from Mexican outfit Club Deportivo Atlas, the 20 year old spoke about his pride at moving to such a well supported club and manager Hashem Najem feels that he's unearthed a gem in the form of the Mexican international.

"I am very happy to announce this signing, me, Rudi [Wojtowicz] and Fernando [Molinos] worked very hard in scouting this young man and we came to a conclusion, he was going to be a star.

We just had to buy him, unfortunately I wanted to bring another Mexican along with him, who will remain unnamed until I do sign him but the funds aren't here to complete the move for the other target."

Pacheco is expected to make his debut against 2.Bundesliga outfits FC Ergenirge Aue in the DFB Cup.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 pm

That's some nice font. shifty
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Like that text mate.

SBSP wrote:That's some nice font. shifty

Thanks, nice to see someone appreciates my taste.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Aug20110

Borussia Mönchengladbach 1-0 Aue
    DFB Cup 1st Round

Rues 87'

In a largely uneventful match, Gladbach overcame the DFB minnows with Marco Rues' goal late in the second half.

Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-1 Hoffenheim
    Bundesliga Match 1

Pacheco pen 36'------Mlapa 74'
    Idrissou 56' 89'-------------------

Pacheco's goal in his league debut won over many fans while the performance of half-man half-beast Mohamadou Idrissou made the opposition shit their pants.

Wolfsburg 0-1 Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Bundesliga Match 2

Stranzl 88'

After being on the back foot for most of the game, Gladbach snatched the victory after Autria's answer to Shaquille O'Neil, Martin Stranzl, scored the scrappiest goal in Football Manager history, after putting the ball in with his 9 incher after the ball ricocheted off every player in the box from a corner.

The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Sept2010

Borussia Mönchengladbach 1-0 Bayer Leverkusen
    Bundesliga Match 3

Stranzl 55'

the match was played in-front of fifty four thousand viewers at Borussia-Park, though the visitor had the end possession wise, it was Gladbach who came away with the 3 points after another winner by centre half Martin Stranzl.

Hamburger SV 2-1 Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Bundesliga Match 4

Stepanek 57'----------Stranzl 90+1'
    Petric 60'

Martin Stranzl continued his fine goal scoring form but in this match it was no more than consolation, HSV's quick-fire double, the more notable goal is the 30 yard screamer by Mladen Petric, handed Gladbach their first defeat of the season.

Borussia Mönchengladbach 1-0 Schalke 04
    Bundesliga Match 5

Reus 77'

A heavily depleted Schalke side where given another blow by the young sensation Marco Rues, his winner being a deft finish from a Patrick Hermann pass.

Frankfurt 0-5 Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Bundesliga Match 5

Idrissou 12'
    Reus 25' 53'
    Hanke 29' pen 45+2'

In what was the biggest surprise of the month, Gladbach demolished favourites Frankfurt, scoring 5 goals in less that 60 minutes and conceding none, the pick of the bunch is Reus' second goal where he ran past 2 players, round the keeper and tapped it into an empty net.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Pachec10

The Gladbach management was rocked by the news this morning from the Mexican international Edgar Pacheco stating that he is struggling to adapt to the rigours of living abroad, Hashem Najem, Die Fohlen's recently assigned coach, decided that giving the played a 28 day sabbatical was best as he hadn't the fund to bring in another Mexican talent to help him cope nor can he sell the potential world beater.

The 20 year old will travel back to Guadalajara to spend time with friends, family and loved ones in the hope that when he returned he'll be better set to handle living in another continent on his own.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:12 am

Interesting.

Nice font and a good read.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:18 am

really nice thread thumb and Edgar Ivan Pacheco is class, I signed him with Barca and he was great, didn't score much but he gave brilliant passes and got lots of assists.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Najempraised

Thomas Schaaf has joined the long list of managers to praise Najem over the playing style and the performances that have been seen by Gladbach recently, with Gladbach being predicted to finish 12th and had a squad of the worst passers and dribblers, Najem changed their style and added a velvet glove over the iron fist past Gladbach managers would play with.

"Changing the club didn't require a huge change in personnel playing wise" Explained the multinational manager," I just promoted a lot of the youngsters like Patrick [Hermann] and Havard [Nordtveit] and I shipped off older players to accommodate, the only signing I made was Pacheco and he's in Mexico at the moment clearing his mind.

"In my opinion it's all in the coaching and tactics, ofcourse having better players means you can win more games but that doesn't stop you from playing beautiful football does it, there has been a huge change in the training schemes and the staff here and the players are reaping the benefits."

Borussia Mönchengladbach currently sit 3rd in the Bundesliga table, 2 points behind league leaders Bayern Munich.

League Table:
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Bayern10
    Bundesliga Match 9
    18:30
    Allianz-Arena

Line-Ups:

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. LKwmq

Key Players:

Frank Ribery:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Franckribery

Tobias Levels:

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Tobiaslevels

Though is is still very early in he season, this clash will determine who will be top of the league by the end of the week with Dortmund slipping up the prior week, if Bayern win they extend their lead at the top and Gladbach would be prone to dropping to as low as fifth, if Gladbach win they go top and FC Hollywood go second. Bayern Munich go into their fixture as clear favourite but Gladbach gaffer Hashem Najem is confident his team will put up a fight.

"I won't let the team roll over to Bayern Munich, I'll be going to the Allianz Arena to win and my boys will do everything they can to do so, Bayern Munich are a legendary team and Luis van Gaal is a great coach and is a role model to many, myself included, but we shall not bephased by the quality of the opposition." Said Najem with bullish confidence.

Luis van Gaal spoke in respect of Najem and his team and stated that this fixture 'might go a long way in terms of deciding who's going to lift the Bundesliga trophy come May'.

"Hashem Najem has done terrifically at Borussia Mönchengladbach, he deserves many plaudits, I'm sure his team will do their best and give us a good game. As for the match itself, it's a very importnat one, you mustn't lose it because it might go a long way in terms of deciding who's going to lift the Bundesliga trophy come May."

Bayern Munich are without World Cup finalist Arjen Robben and tireless forward Ivica Olic for this match while Pacheco is still in Mexico instead of on the pitch for Gladbach.

Last edited by The Bat-Man on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:13 am; edited 3 times in total
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Gomezguts
    Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Gomezgutspic

On a wet night in Munich, Mario Gomez proved to be the thorn in Gladbach's side as he scored 2 to sink the high flying club, though the club from Mönchengladbach performed valiantly 2 mistakes by the usually solid Austrian centre half Martin Stranzl proved to be their undoing.

The game started off with Bayern on the from foot, though they had many shots early on most were from range and ace keeper Logan Baily had do trouble saving them, but the breakthrough for Bayern came in the 34th minute when Gomez capitalize on Stranzl's missed clearance to smash the ball past the Belgian stopper from 6 yards, the match became bogged down for rest of the first and the beginning of the second before winger Marco Rues was brought down in the penalty box by Diego Contento but the referee said play off much to the fury of the away contingency.

Gomez scored again soon after when Stranzl gifted him the ball from a misplaced pass, 2-0 to FC Hollywood.

Najem's side was criticized after the match with critics saying that they will capsize after the loss and dropping down to 4th place, but Najem still remains confident that Gladbach will do better than the midtable position they are predicted to finish and qualify for Europe.

"It's mad to say we're going to drop to the bottom half now we lost away from home to the biggest club in Germany, it was a respectable performance and so called 'bigger teams' lose much heavier defeats to Bayern Munich, I am sure we will be in Europe next season, either Europa League or the Champions' League, that is my goal and I will achieve it."
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:24 am

And for anyone who wants the font, it's called Academic M54.

http://www.dafont.com/academic-m54.font

Just download and install it.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:10 am

Fantastic.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:39 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Oct20110

Werder Bremen 0-0 Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Bundesliga

Bore draw, both defences played extremely well and Gladbach come away with a good point.

Borussia Mönchengladbach 1-0 Freiburg
    Bundesliga

Herrmann 15'

Patrick Herrmann gave them the early lead by heading in a cross by Havard Nordtveit, Johannes Flum also got sent off in this match.

Bayern Munich 2-0 Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Bundesliga

Gomez 34' 65'

See in-depth match report.

Borussia Mönchengladbach 1-0 Kaiserslautern
    DFB Cup 2nd Round

Rues 72'

A heavily changed Gladbach side put Kaiserslautern to the sword when Marco Rues tapped in Pacheco's pass, who's just returned from Mexico rejuvenated.

Borussia Mönchengladbach 0-0 Stuttgart
    Bundesliga

The inability for the Gladbach players to turn in at least one of their 4 clear cut chances proved to be a key draw back in this game, Stuttgart added little to the ame going forward.

Hannover 96 1-2 Borussia Mönchengladbach

Bundesliga
    Abdellaoue 27'---------Igor de Camargo 45+2' pen 75'

Igor scored his first and second goals for the club as he turned this game on it's head, this game was played in October but I don't give a fuck.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:00 am

You know how badly I want Christian Clemens, he's such an amazing player, too bad he'd have to be Sol Campbell to move to me.

I have Koln next too.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. 6CjxB
    Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. YIA7M

Najem has given a hands off warning following the now sacked Claudio Ranieri comments about Marco Reus. The former Roma boss was 'tapping up the player after every time he let the pitch alight' according to the popular Gladbach manager.

"I don't like when people attempt to unsettle players before making a bid, there is nothing wrong with acknowledging a player is good but what Claudio Ranieri is doing is dispicable, what him a lot of other managers are tapping up the player after every time he let the pitch alight, it sickens me and if any more managers do it I will refuse to make any sort of dealing about Reus with their club"
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:39 am

Good you signed Pacheco. Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. 601554

Expected loss to Bayern, but you doing good.
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad
    Supports : Manchester United

Post by Hernandez_14 Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:50 am

Pacheco as a Target Man support, he's mint. Good signing.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:27 am

chiboygeorge wrote:Good you signed Pacheco. Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. 601554

Expected loss to Bayern, but you doing good.

I tried signing Erick Torres too, got him to accept personally terms and everything, I delayed it so I can get the funds, I sold 2 players and I though I had the 4 million I needed but I still couldn't get him, turns out the board only give me 50% of what I make through sales, the rest go to repaying the debt.

I'll try again in January or maybe next season, I need a striker like him.

Braad wrote:Pacheco as a Target Man support, he's mint. Good signing.

Pacheco is a central midfield/winger, he's not the Pacheco of Liverpool if that's who you're thinking.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Post by The Bat-Man Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:51 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. Zmgy4
    Borussia Mönchengladbach - Resurrecting a Fallen Stallion. FWlDg

When the clubs situated on the river Rhine, it's always a heated encounter, the fierce rivals met again in Mönchengladbach and this time Die Fohlen were victorious. They took the lead in the 12th minute and never looked like losing.

The game started with Koln surprisingly on the front foot, it continued that way until Reus got the ball on the left wing, cut it, jinxed past the defenders and unleashed a screamer from 20 yards, it ricocheted off the underside of the cross bar and went in, 1-0 to the Foals. The game afterwards was a tight and endgy game with lots of tackles going in but surprisingly low number of cards, the referee, Florian Meyer, was very lenient and let the game flow. Most of the chances fell Gladbach's way and Reus looked like the most likely to score but Rensing kept denying him.

The referee, however, made a huge mistake when he ruled out Neustadter's goal for Gladbach in the 90th minute, Neustadter was free inside the box when the cross came in from the corner, he easily nodded it into the back of the net because Koln's poor marking meant there wasn't a defender within 5 yards of him yet the referee blew for the foul, the infringement unknown to everyone but the referee while some critics have been saying the referee didn't even know the reason because their wasn't one.

"If we weren't 1-0 up then and if we didn't win the match, I would have been much more furious than I am now, how could Roman [Neustadter] have done anything wrong when no one was near him, is there a law saying you can't head the ball into the back of the net unless there is a defender pulling your shirt or something, I am stunned at how appalling some of Germany's 'best referee's' are. I am very disappointed on Roman's behalf and if there was a way I could get that goal to count for him I would do it but alas, there isn't." Said Najem about the call.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:25 am