Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

FIFA checking 13 goal-line technology systems

Anonymous

FIFA checking 13 goal-line technology systems Empty FIFA checking 13 goal-line technology systems

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:14 am

http://beta.filgoal.com/English/News.aspx?NewsID=72983
    FIFA is examining 13 different goal-line technology systems that shall help referees and linesmen make more accurate decisions.

The World governing body announced on Monday that all the project proposals were presented last week. The implementation of this technology might be in March when the law of football can be changed.

The goal-line technology seemed to be essential after 2010 World Cup, where costly refereeing mistakes were recurrent.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter once revealed his refusal to implement a goal-line technology, saying that human error was part of the game.

He also wants football to be the same all around the world. Some countries, especially in Africa, wouldn't be able to afford such sophisticated systems.

:clap:
    Anonymous

FIFA checking 13 goal-line technology systems Empty Re: FIFA checking 13 goal-line technology systems

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:18 am

About time.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

FIFA checking 13 goal-line technology systems Empty Re: FIFA checking 13 goal-line technology systems

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:29 am

Sad day for football.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:02 am

It's about time Blatter you dickhead. Lampard's disallowed goal is still fresh in our memories. Neutral
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:33 am

If a change as drastic as this is made off of the back of a few bad decisions it will be fucking ridiculous.

This is going to permantly change the game and push it further from the game we all play.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 am

Ryan wrote:If a change as drastic as this is made off of the back of a few bad decisions it will be fucking ridiculous.

This is going to permantly change the game and push it further from the game we all play.

Few bad decisions? We are talking about years and years of decisions that dramatically changed the outcomes of the match for all the wrong reasons. This debate didn't start because of Lampard's "goal" at the 2010 World Cup. Goal line technology and/or replays will not change the way we play the game. It will change the decisions made by the officials for the best.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:43 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Ryan wrote:If a change as drastic as this is made off of the back of a few bad decisions it will be fucking ridiculous.

Few bad decisions? We are talking about years and years of decisions that dramatically changed the outcomes of the match for all the wrong reasons. This debate didn't start because of Lampard's "goal" at the 2010 World Cup. Goal line technology and/or replays will not change the way we play the game. It will change the decisions made by the officials for the best.

Happen how often though? People just think they're a frequent occurance becaue they're actually quite rare so they stick out in your mind. You can probably recall a good percentage of the recent ones, but you'd never be able to do that for other more frequent cock-ups by refs like reds not given, pens not given etc.

Once this done, sunday league will not be under the same rules as professional football. That's disappointing to me.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:46 am

^ You don't go to games regularly, you have NO clue.

Almost every match I walk away thinking that the officials have negatively impacted on the game.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:50 am

Yes I said they're frequent. Can you read?

I said goals not given are not frequent. That is what these goal line cameras or whatever are for. Not anyting else.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:50 am

I'm for itif it is only used in the World Cup and other major international club/country tournaments. I don't think this should be used in leagues or else it won't be fair for leagues in poorer countries. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:53 am

I like human errors in football games.

Unless it's against my team of coarse. Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:06 am

Ryan wrote:Yes I said they're frequent. Can you read?

I said goals not given are not frequent. That is what these goal line cameras or whatever are for. Not anyting else.

How would you know that?

Only the blatant ones make the head lines.....this will make a big difference.

It also means that it's more likely other technology could be introduced in the future....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Ryan wrote:Yes I said they're frequent. Can you read?

On the matter of goal line technology to decide if a ball crossed the line or not, why should the fact that it's not frequent mean no need to improve or change? Making a difference between a legitimate goal or not is a big deal. It mostly decides games. Isn't that big enough to cry out for change?

Now on the matter of referees making bad decisions elsewhere, this is why replays need to be implemented.

Finally, who cares if your Sunday league is different from professional leagues. They are already different on many aspects. I doubt adding goal line technology to professional leagues or tournaments will make your experience in Sunday leagues less enjoyable or realistic.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Ryan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Happen how often though? People just think they're a frequent occurance becaue they're actually quite rare so they stick out in your mind. You can probably recall a good percentage of the recent ones, but you'd never be able to do that for other more frequent cock-ups by refs like reds not given, pens not given etc.

Once this done, sunday league will not be under the same rules as professional football. That's disappointing to me.

What rule is being changed? The only thing being changed is the apparatus for enforcing the rule? The rule still is "ball crosses line, goal. Ball doesn't cross line, not a goal." That's the rule either way. Same rule, different enforcement mechanism. They already have different enforcement mechanisms in most cases, don't they? How many refs do you have in your Sunday league games? The same number that they have in Premiership games and EUFA sanctioned games?

Take pro vs. amateur tennis, for example. Do they play a different set of rules? No, it's just that the pros have line judges and the rest of us hacks have to call the lines ourselves.

Furthermore, there's nothing terribly intrusive about video replay for close calls on goals. It takes about three or four minutes, which is just a little bit longer than Drogba spends humping the corner flag after he scores. Or better yet, if they can install a chip in the ball, the ref knows instantly without having to go to a replay booth. Assuming an infallible system that never gets a call wrong exists, there's simply no good reason not to have goalline technology.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Ryan wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

What rule is being changed? The only thing being changed is the apparatus for enforcing the rule? The rule still is "ball crosses line, goal. Ball doesn't cross line, not a goal." That's the rule either way. Same rule, different enforcement mechanism. They already have different enforcement mechanisms in most cases, don't they? How many refs do you have in your Sunday league games? The same number that they have in Premiership games and EUFA sanctioned games?

Take pro vs. amateur tennis, for example. Do they play a different set of rules? No, it's just that the pros have line judges and the rest of us hacks have to call the lines ourselves.

Furthermore, there's nothing terribly intrusive about video replay for close calls on goals. It takes about three or four minutes, which is just a little bit longer than Drogba spends humping the corner flag after he scores. Or better yet, if they can install a chip in the ball, the ref knows instantly without having to go to a replay booth. Assuming an infallible system that never gets a call wrong exists, there's simply no good reason not to have goalline technology.

The rule in amateur will be along the lines of:

"If a goal is uncertain the ref will conult his assistants and make a decision on what he seen."

The rule in pro will be:

"If a goal is uncertain the ref will use OUTSIDE ASSISTANCE to determine whether it was a goal or not."

No point bringing up tennis because I don't like that hawkeye either.

Human error IS part of the game and this will probably have a domino effect with all sorts of cameras and stuff being added. This is a drastic rule change and it is puhing the game from it's original self.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Those are procedural rule differences, not substantive rule differences. There are already many procedural rule differences between different levels of football.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Probably only minor ones which could be implemented at different ones.

This is a big one. No longer will just need two goals, a pitch, and a ball to play. You'll need a camera aswell or whatever.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:53 pm

What if they put a microchip in the ball that triggers a sensor if the ball cross the line?
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Same difference. I'm against outside influence.

This game has done bloody well for over 100 years. What's the need to change it now twats in the media have a louder voice?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:12 pm

The game did well but it could do better. It can always do better. Human error is an element only because until now, there wasn't a way to eliminate it. So it became engrained through decades of us getting used to it as "part of the game." But it doesn't need to be part of the game and it shouldn't be part of the game if technology exists that can eliminate it without much fuss or interference with the game itself. A microchip wouldn't interfere with the game at all. God gave us brains that are capable of adaptation and innovation. I assume he intended for us to use said brain to make our lives better. We can make football a little bit better in this case and there would be no more Lampard fiascos with almost zero interference with the game.

And that's coming from a twat in the peanut gallery, not a twat in the media. Cool
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:17 pm

Meh. I'm against it and no argument will change that.

I wasn't calling you a twat. I doubt you did much to pursuade Blatter to change his stance on this.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:24 pm

I know you didn't call me a twat, I called myself a twat FIFA checking 13 goal-line technology systems 599439

Anyway, I respect your position. It's an interesting conversation either way.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm happy with the 5 officials that are in the European competitions right now. They shouldn't miss things on the goal line now.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:27 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:I know you didn't call me a twat, I called myself a twat FIFA checking 13 goal-line technology systems 599439

Anyway, I respect your position. It's an interesting conversation either way.

Fair enough Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:22 am

James wrote:I'm happy with the 5 officials that are in the European competitions right now. They shouldn't miss things on the goal line now.

They shouldn't, but they fucking do.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:23 am

Dan wrote:
    James wrote:I'm happy with the 5 officials that are in the European competitions right now. They shouldn't miss things on the goal line now.

They shouldn't, but they fucking do.

Exactly, they should just use the technology they already have.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:59 am

Ryan wrote:Probably only minor ones which could be implemented at different ones.

This is a big one. No longer will just need two goals, a pitch, and a ball to play. You'll need a camera aswell or whatever.

If you and your friends want to play a game of football at the local park, you can do it without cameras. All you need is a field, ball, and some sort of goal (even if it's two jackets to make up a goal). Camera replays will only be used in professional matches. And there is no added technology really, because pro matches already have so many cameras set up. All that it requires is maybe 2 minutes of added time.

And here is my proposition to the replay rule. Each team has only 3 chances to dispute a call. That way we don't stop the game every minute for a dispute and teams will have to be more wise about complaining the calls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:28 pm