Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Coolhead33's FMH Journeyman Thread

coolhead33
    coolhead33

Coolhead33's FMH Journeyman Thread Empty Coolhead33's FMH Journeyman Thread

Post by coolhead33 Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:03 pm

This is my FMH save on the PSP. I started this with the aim of winning as many Champions League trophies and league titles with as many different clubs as possible. I only spend what money I get from player sales. I am starting this thread already 3 seasons into the game so here is what I've so far accomplished. I wrote this on FMHVibe with a bit more added on.

I finished my first season at Inter and reclaimed the Champions League as well as winning all other 6 trophies apart from the Coppa Italia which I lost 2-1 to Juventus in the quarter finals. I won my first 25 games at Inter and didn't lose for 35 games and I finished with 104 points in Serie A. I then bought players with what funds I made from selling as I did as soon as I took over and left them for Barcelona in December leaving Inter miles ahead of 2nd. I had a task of gaining about 12 points more than the teams above me and I joined Barcelona as they sat in 7th or 8th place. I lost my 1st game using the tactic I used at Inter (the Dortmund tactic Patrick made for me) so changed to my almost as successful 433 (similar to the great Bugels 433). I then picked up so many points with several league games to go before losing to a poor team. I compared mine and the leaders points gained since I joined (Sevilla) and noticed that we both had picked up the same amount. I soon changed my bad form around and did what was all but impossible by winning all but one game and winning the league title. Sevilla lost and drew all but one of theirs and somehow I ended up winning the league on the last day. I then won the Champions League and strengthened the squad from the £40 millionish I got from Ibrahimovic who went to Inter. I then left Barcelona flying at the top just like I did at Inter for Arsenal who are in a similar position. I had the chance to join Chelsea 2 games into the Arsenal job because Barcelona hired their manager who was Ancelotti at the time. I applied for it because they were still in the Champions League and only 7 points adrift of 1st but I lost out to Everton manager Moyes (I tried restarting the game a few times to be the Chelsea manager on a separate save with no luck losing out to McClaren every time). I then won the League with Arsenal and finished runner-up to Man City in the FA Cup although I beat them in the Community Shield. I am currently joint top of the league with Man United with a better goal difference and a game in hand. I'm 2nd in my Champions League group 3 points behind Atletico Madrid.

Trophies I've Won (year is date of current season):
    Italian Suppercoppa (Inter x2 2011, 2012)
    UEFA Super Cup (Inter x2 2011, 2012)
    Fifa World Club Cup (Inter x1, 2011)
    Serie A (Inter x1 2011)
    UEFA Champions League (Inter x1 2011, Barcelona x1 2012, Arsenal x1 2015)
    La Liga (Barcelona x1 2012)
    Supercopa de Espana (Barcelona x1 2013)
    Premier League (Arsenal x3 2013, 2014, 2015)
    Community Shield (Arsenal x1 2014)
    Carling Cup (Arsenal x1 2015)

Current Squad:
    Julio Sergio
    Bogdan Lobont
    Wes Brown
    Carlos Diogo
    Michael Timisela
    Sasa Papac
    Nicolas Burdisso
    Aurelien Cedjou
    David Luiz
    Philipe Mexes
    Felipe Mattioni
    Matteo Brighi
    John Arne Rilse
    Daniele De Rossi
    Alou Diarra
    Morgaro Gomis
    John Bostock
    Rodrigo Taddei
    David Templeton
    Julio Baptista
    Yury Zhirkov
    Mirko Vucinic
    Adriano
    Nikola Kalinic
    Carlos Tevez

* = Regen

My Stats (updated at end of every season):
    Games Played - 292
    Games Won - 219 (75.0%)
    Games Drawn - 40 (13.7%)
    Games Lost - 33 (11.3%)
    Goals Scored - 679 (2.33 p/m)
    Goals Conceded - 188 (0.64 p/m)
    League Titles - 5
    Cup Titles - 11
    Players Bought - 24 (£167M)
    Players Sold - 28 (£191M)
    Manager Rank - 1st
    Manager Pts - 4583

Last edited by coolhead33 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:22 am; edited 7 times in total
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Coolhead33's FMH Journeyman Thread Empty Re: Coolhead33's FMH Journeyman Thread

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:56 am

Just been offered £24M for Chamakh from Bolton who are 15th in the league. I had him transfer listed because I had RVP on fire but RVP got injured for 7 months in which Chamakh scored or set up 22 goals in 24 games and was runner up for WPOTY. Should I sell him or keep him? RVP is back from his injury and 1 month and I have lots of players who aren't strikers but can do well in that position.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:38 am

Buy him.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:54 am

You mean sell?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:54 am

Pip Laughing

Keep him.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:16 pm

I didn't sell Chamakh in the end. I sold Denilson and Fabianski though and bought Berbatov from Leicester and a regen keeper called Kyle Edwards. I'm currently 2nd in the Premier League 2 points behind Manchester United, in the semi final of the FA cup and about to face Real Madrid in the Champions League first knockout round in which I lead 2-1 from the first leg.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:18 pm

Oh, I thought Bolton offered you Chamakh for 24 million. I know how unrealistic the PSP version can be.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:26 pm

I just drew 2-2 with Real Madrid to go through to the next round of the Champions League. Berbatov put me ahead before Ozil equalised. Higuain scored with 5 minutes of normal time to go to level the scores and away goals on aggregate. Just as everyone thought it would go to extra time Berbatov popper up to score a 90th minute winner. Berbatov has scored 15 goals and had 3 assists in 12 games since joining Arsenal in January.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:25 am

What's happening? Nottingham Forest, Nottingham County, Preston and Hull have been relegated from League 1, Huddersfield have won promotion to League 1(what were they doing in League 2 anyway?) and Derby have been relegated from League 2.

I've just lost the semi final of the Champions League 2-1 on aggregate to Bayern Munich after winning the first leg 1-0. I have all but won the league though being 6 points and 24 goal difference clear of Manchester United with 2 games left. I did lose 4-1 to Spurs in the FA Cup semi final unfortunately.

EDIT: Just noticed that Millwall have finished 24th 3 seasons in a row and this season they finished 17th in the Conference. OMG
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:29 am

A new season bring better updates.

My three pre season games against lower league opposition proved easy as I beat Bristol City 4-1 away, Stockport 7-0 away and Scunthorpe 5-0 at home. So far I have bought Xabi Alonso on a free, attacking midfielder Joaquin Camacho* for £6M and Eden Hazard also on a free as his contract ran out which was surprising as he has made 65 assists in four seasons. I have sold Bartley and Diaby who I thought were surplus to requirements.

Just lost the Community Shield 3-0 to Tottenham with to goals in stoppage time. Mad
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:03 pm

August Review: After losing the Community Shield 3-0 to local rivals Tottenham we made sure that we got off to a more important start in the league where we beat them 2-0. We thought we were on our way to our 2nd league win of the season against West Brom after Walcott scored in the 13th minute but Denilson changed his ways as he scored in the 80th and 90th minute to haunt his former employers. That sparked a revival in his career after leaving the Gunners in January and putting in average performances. We then beat West Ham 1-0 to end August on a high. Albert Navarro joined from Almeria for £1M but went on loan after his debut against Spurs in the league. Camacho and Rowe also went on loan.

September Review: Although the international break meant we didn't play a game until the 13th, we still had 6 games to play that month. We won all 6 games beating Stoke 3-0, Slavia Prague 6-0 in the Champions League, Newcastle 3-1, Norwich 1-0, Sunderland 3-1 and Panathinakos 4-1 in the Champions League. Samuel Eto,o also joined us on the 21st after being out of contract for a few months. Eto'o said: "It is an honour to play for such a great team. I have always wanted to play in England and at my age I thought the chance had gone. Luckily the manager knew me well from his time at Inter and knew I would be a good signing. I know I will be fighting to earn a place on the bench because we already have some of the best attacking players in the world. I am not on a high wage and I will give it my all to try and break into the squad."
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Nice, bit of a fancy journeyman Razz

What's the handheld game like?
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Benayoun, Song, Chamakh and Van Persie have all signed new deals to stay at Arsenal. The current highest wage is Hamsik on £120K a week which I think is good. Van Persie is on fire. He has scored 9 goals and has 6 assists in 7 games this season. If he keeps that form up all season it could be the best someone has played under me in a season ever.

@Ben: It's good, easy and fast. You can edit the PSP version which lets you make transfers and change players and clubs CA and PA. You can also put Leeds in the Premiership. shifty

I'm not very sure what the Ipod/Ipad/Iphone version is like but it is meant to be better as it can hold more data. The PSP version is pretty much full and can't improve until the new PSP comes out. You can't edit it though but the developers release updates for transfers and improvements I think.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:10 pm

October Review: October was another great month with a 5-0 thrashing of Birmingham, a 1-1 draw with Wigan, a 3-0 win over AC Milan in the Champions League, a 4-0 win over Everton and a 5-1 win over Cheltenham in the Carling Cup in which Kyle Edwards made his debut. Van Persie now has 13 goals and 7 assists in 9 games. Faint I wonder if Berbatov will get a chance with Van Persie, Eto'o, Chamakh, Walcott and Nasri all on top form.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:46 pm

November Review: I beat Blackpool 4-1, drew 1-1 with Slavia Prague in the Champions League, beat Chelsea 2-1, drew 1-1 with Bolton, beat Fulham 1-0, thrashed Panathinaikos 5-0 in the Champions League and beat Blackburn 2-0.

December Review: I humiliated Aston Villa 5-1 in the Carling Cup then beat them again 2-1 in the league, beat AC Milan 1-0 in the Champions League, drew 0-0 with Manchester City, lost 2-1 to Liverpool then beat them 2-0 the next game, drew 1-1 with Manchester United, beat struggling Tottenham 2-0 and beat Watford 3-0.

January Review: I beat West Brom 4-0, lost 2-0 to West Ham, beat Tranmere 4-0 in the FA Cup, beat Leeds 3-0 in the Carling Cup semi final 1st leg, thrashed Stoke 5-0, beat Newcastle 3-0, beat Leeds 3-0 again in the 2nd leg of the Carling Cup semi final and thrashed Sheffield United 5-0. I sold quite a few players who I thought weren't good enough for the club any more such as Hamsik to Manchester United for £15M, Clichy to Bolton for £12M, Gibbs to Barnsley for £6.75M, Benayoun to Hartlepool for £1M and Hazard to Chelsea for an irresistible £25.5M. I used the money to buy Taye Taiwo from Marseille for £23M, Heiko Westermann from Hamburg for £10M, Phil Jones from Blackburn for £22M and Julio Cesar on a free after his contract expired at Inter Milan. I recalled Rowe and Camacho to make my squad stronger and bigger. I'm also getting a defender called Joseph Miller* from Liverpool for £16M at the end of the season if I think he is needed at the time.

February Review: I beat Birmingham 3-1, beat Sunderland 3-1, beat Wigan 2-1, drew 2-2 against Newcastle to force a replay in the FA Cup and beat Juventus 2-0 in the Champions League first round first leg. I am currently 13 points ahead of 2nd place in the league with 10 games left.

Any ideas how I can make this more interesting?
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Do it in some kind of fancy format and have info such as the league and also top scorers etc shifty
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Thanks I'll try it later.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:21 am

March Review: March started with the Carling Cup Final in which we beat Blackburn 2-1. Chamakh scored the 58th minute winner as Blackburn replied to Song's 23rd minute opener with a 38 minute goal from David Dunn. We then beat Newcastle 3-0 in the FA Cup 5th round replay, beat Blackpool 3-0, beat Everton 2-0, lost 2-0 to Fulham in hte FA Cup Quarter Final, beat Juventus 4-2 in the Champions League 1st round 1st leg and lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the Premier League.

April Review: After beating Bolton 3-0 it was time for the 1st leg of the Champions League Quarter Final. we beat Celtic 2-0 in a night where all other English teams won by 2 goals or more to make the Semi Finals look like an all English affair. We then drew 2-2 with Fulham before finishing off Celtic with a 1-0 win. Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham also won again to make sure of the all English Semi Finals. After Liverpool failed to beat Watford that same day, we beat Watford 4-1 to be crowned the English Premier League Champions for the 3rd season in a row. All of which were won under my guidance. We then beat Blackburn 2-0 before the 1st leg of the "English" Champions League Semi Final. We won comfortably against Manchester United beating them 3-0. The best game was the Tottenham vs Manchester City one though as Tottenham came from 3-0 down to finish the game 3-3 in a game which fans compared to the 2005 Final. Will Manchester City bounce back from this heavy confidence blow? Find out in the May Review.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:32 am

May Review: A 1-0 defeat against Aston Villa meant nothing as we beat Manchester United 1-0 in the Champions League Semi Final 2nd leg. Tottenham won 3-2 to go through 6-5 on aggregate and set up a London final. We then drew 1-1 with Manchester City and lost 2-1 to Manchester United as the league season came to an end.

Champions League Final Special: The Champions League Final will be the biggest game in Arsenal's history as they haven't won the competition before and have only been in the final once which ended in defeat as Barcelona beat them in 2006. Tottenham have also got to the final but also lost to Barcelona in 2012 who were managed by the current Arsenal manager at the time.

Arsenal Squad:
    De Gea
    Pereira-Djourou-Kjaer-Westermann
    Song
    Ramsey-Fabregas
    Walcott-Van Persie-Nasri
    Tottenham Squad:
    Defoe
    Modric-Huddlestone-Van Der Vaart-Vidal-Lennon
    Bale-Bassong-Juarez-Corluka
    Button

Arsenal Substitutes: Edwards*(GK), Sagna(D/DM R), Jones(D/DM C), Rowe*(DM C), Camacho*(AM C), Wilshere(AM RLC) and Chamakh(S C)
    Tottenham Substitutes: Gomes(GK), Sami(D C), Palacios(M C), Bostock(AM C), Dja Djedje(AM/F RC), Townsend(AM/F LC) Pavlyuchenko(S C)

The game was quite boring but luckily we won it with a Van Persie goal in the 73rd minute. Not much else to say really. I will be looking for a new team to manage now although I will probably have to stay at Arsenal until November when the jobs start to become available.

Players With 10+ Goals Or Assists This Season:
    Van Persie- 31 Apps, 27 Gls, 9 Ast.
    Chamakh- 34 Apps, 22 Gls, 9 Ast.
    Walcott- 37 Apps, 16 Gls, 10 Ast.
    Song- 50 Apps, 11 Gls, 11 Ast.
    Nasri- 40 Apps, 10 Gls, 15 Ast.
    Fabregas- 40 Apps, 4 Gls, 11 Ast.

If you want to know anything just ask.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:06 am

August 2015 Review: It started with a lot of managerial changes which lead to me applying for the Roma job. I got it and straight away bought lots of players because the squad was pretty much all over 35 years old. These players were all on free transfers because they had no club or their contract had expired. These players are John Bostock, David Luiz, Felipe Mattioni, Carlos Tevez, Yury Zhirkov, Wes Brown, Carlos Diogo, Eqequiel Carboni, David Templeton, Chris McGregor and Kevin Alexander. Carboni, McGregor and Alexander were put in the reserves along with Juan, Mark Suler, Cicinho and Marco D'Alessandro who were already in the first team.

My first competitive game ended up being an 8-0 win over Triestina in the Coppa Italia. I then lost 1-0 to Shakhtar in the Champions League Playoff first leg before losing on penalties in the second after making it 1-1 on aggregate which meant I had to play in the Europa League. I got off to a winning start in the league though as I beat Cagliari 3-0.

September Review: September started great as I beat Udinese 6-1 away from home although 10 days later Parma brought the team back down to earth as they held us to a 1-1 draw. Dinamo Minsk were our first victims in the Europa League witnessing Tevez and Luiz scoring against them in a 2-0 win. We then drew yet again in Serie A against Lazio who held on with 10 men for a 1-1 draw. We ended the month on a high beating Chievo 4-0 and coming from 2-0 down to beat Juventus 3-2.

October Review: Besiktas held us to a 1-1 draw in the Europa League and Maccabi Haifa held us to a 2-2 draw although we won all our Serie A games beating Cesena 2-1, Bologna 3-1 and Bari 5-1.

November Review: Genoa beat us 2-1 but a 5-0 win against Dinamo Minsk put us back on track in the Europa League. We didn't take Leece or Catania seriously though as we drew 2-2 and lost 2-1 to them respectively. We thrashed Torino 5-2 then drew 2-2 against Palermo before finishing the month by beating fellow joint leaders Fiorentina 2-0.

December Review: A 2-0 win over Besiktas in the Europa League sent us through to the next round and a 3-1 win against our new fellow joint leaders AC Milan put us further away from the competition as we completed our spare games. A 2-1 win against Reggina set up a Coppa Italia 1st round tie against AC Milan. We then faced my former employers Inter Milan who were the third team in a row that we faced in a top of the table clash. They had the same points and GD as us and had played the same amount of games as us but we had scored more goals than them and that was what put us on top going in to the game. I didn't let my past success with them get in the way though as we went ahead through Vucinic. Sung-Yong Ki equalised soon after before Sneijder put Inter ahead with a great free kick. They lead 2-1 at the break. Kalinic levelled the score with 20 minutes to go before Vucinic scored a 92nd minute winner on the counter attack as Inter Milan missed a good opportunity to win the match. A good 3-2 win for us to move 3 points clear of both Milan teams. I then drew 1-1 in an unimportant Europa League game against Maccabi Haifa before losing top spot in Serie A because of a 1-0 loss vs Napoli.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:11 am