Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rei's Career Mode

Anonymous

Rei's Career Mode Empty Rei's Career Mode

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:56 am

Career Mode Notes

NN: Narrator

MN: Manager Notes
    PN: Player Notes
    PMN: Player-manager notes

This will go at the top of each post to show whose perspective the post is from. At the moment it'll only be NN and MN.

NN: So It Begins

At only 20 years old, Rei Hinshelwood was at a crossroads. He was disillusioned with life in general. Although the path to a successful college tenure, followed by a good job beckoned, something was missing. There was an emptiness that could not be filled, whatever he did. The only saving grace in Rei's life was football. The beautiful game kept him sane in the among the mostly heathens, i.e. non-football fans, in America.

Finally in an unprecedented move, Rei put his college dream on hold to try to make it as a professional. Full of optimism for the first time in months, he made the rounds around the US trying out for teams.

The thing is, Rei forgot to consider that he was useless at football. After being turned down more than a geek trying to get a prom date, he decided to change his tactics. Management was the game for him. Not liking the options in the US, a move to Brazil followed, where a friend got him into a coaching course in the city of Santos.

Fast forward four years later. After coaching a multitude of amateur teams, and after getting a golden opportunity to coach the youth teams of Santos, there was an unprecedented event. An overhaul of the club structure saw a new president who wanted to bring some fresh blood to first team. In a press conference which at the time was called the best practical joke ever - even by Rei himself, he announced that the new coach of the legendary Santos F.C. would be Rei Hinshelwood. After realizing that this was the worst joke ever, the whole country was in an uproar.

Who the hell was this gringo?

After steeling himself, Rei took his first step into the turbulent waters of top level coaching. This is an account of his journey.

Last edited by Rei on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:58 am; edited 3 times in total
    Anonymous

Rei's Career Mode Empty Re: Rei's Career Mode

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:03 am

Season 1 Recap

In a season slightly reminiscent of Pep Guardiola's inaugural season at Barcelona, Rei silenced all his critics by winning the title, pipping Corinthians by four points. The football wasn't always good, and large sums of money were turned down to keep the best players. Even though the coffers had the look of a hobo's wallet. In terms of transfers, Marcel was sold with talented CB Rafael Toloi signed to patch up a leaky backline. Now with rising expectations, Santos are expected to once again challenge for the title, capture the Copa do Brasil, and make inroads into the Copa Libertadores (NB. Not really but whatever the FIFA equivalent is). How will Rei do in his second season. The story continues...

Season 2: 2011

Starting XI:4-2-3-1

Rafael (76)
    Para(72)--E. Dracena(73)--R. Toloi(78)--Alex Sandro (77)
    Possebon( 78 )--Arouca( 78 )
    Madson(75)--Ganso (84)--Neymar ( 88 )
    Keirrison (78)

Subs: Felipe, Durval, Leo, Danilo, Marquinhos, Zezinho, Ze Eduardo, Mazola

Transfer Window: Summer 2011 (Manager's Notes)

Signed Mazola from Guarani (Narrator's note: he's a talent in real life as well).

Wanted to sign Mario Fernandes from Gremio, but I didn't have the money. He was then bought by CSKA. Wankers. Neutral

Still waiting for the big offers from the European clubs for my big hitters. Need to put some money in the coffers.

Last edited by Rei on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:04 am

Neymar 88 after one season? eek
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:16 am

After recovering from my sleep induced stupor, I've just realized what making this thread means. Graphics, fake interviews, match reports, etc. Yeah...I don't think I'm up for that. I'm more for random crap.

If this will be out of the...aura of this part of the forum, someone tell me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:18 am

Royal Flush wrote:Neymar 88 after one season? eek

Yeah, I've always though EA's interpretation of growth was a bit of a joke. Normally he's 79 (?) which is reasonable I guess. At the start of the first season he was at 84 and now he's at 88.
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:19 am

Rei wrote:After recovering from my sleep induced stupor, I've just realized what making this thread means. Graphics, fake interviews, match reports, etc. Yeah...I don't think I'm up for that. I'm more for random crap.

Not really, some people like to do it that way but fuck it. Razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:28 am

Royal Flush wrote:
    Rei wrote:After recovering from my sleep induced stupor, I've just realized what making this thread means. Graphics, fake interviews, match reports, etc. Yeah...I don't think I'm up for that. I'm more for random crap.

Not really, some people like to do it that way but fuck it. Razz

Cool. Though after giving it some thought I might put in some effort. I'll redo the intro and make a couple of funny (hopefully) posts.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:59 am

Redid the first two posts. Take a look Wink
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Nice.

Rei wrote:
    The thing is, Rei forgot to consider that he was useless at football.
    Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Transfer Window 2011

Out

Possesbon: Bordeaux
    Neymar: Atleti
    Ganso: Porto
    Brum: AEK
    Vladimir: Sion (on loan)
    Breitner: Guarani (on loan)

In

Manoel
    Bernardo
    Paulo Roberto
    Vitor
    Douglas

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Manager Journal: Entry #1

So the long dreaded time has come. The team is beginning to fall apart during the middle of the season. My boys have left the nest. It's hard not cry cry but I don't because I'm writing this next to some beautiful women and I don't want to give the wrong impression. Obviously the supporters are angry but it's not like they didn't see it coming. It's just how modern football is. I sent a couple of the guys on loan as well to give them some experience.

Kudos to the president for starting the rebuilding process so soon. With Manoel in he came form the great central defensive partnership I've been looking for with Toloi. Paulo Roberto and Vitor are more for squad depth than anything. While Douglas and Bernardo will walk straight into the starting XI. Finally I can put Para on the bench. He's worth a near heart-attack every game.

The formation will be the same except that with Zezinho's injury, Bernardo will be playing out wide right for the moment, instead of off the striker.

The performances will drop in the short term, but it'll be OK in the end.

Looking forward to the trip to Mexico to face Atlas. Should be a tough match but I'm sure the boys will pull through. Will have to talk to Rafael though. He is pretty pissed that he'll have to listen to the home crowd screaming "Puto!" every time he takes a goalkick.

That's all for now I guess. Hey, one of the women is coming over. Be cool, be cool, don't say anything stupid...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Is Neymar 88 on form? Whats his real OVR?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:11 am

88 in reality. Disc just got corrupted, freezing and everything. Neutral

Need some time to get a refund/replacement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am