Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
North_Sea_Tiger
Pippo
Jamie
Cameron.
Danny
Ben
Barton
Mouse
12 posters

SACK RAFA!

Anonymous

SACK RAFA! - Page 2 Empty Re: SACK RAFA!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:20 am

Loaning out Aquilani, then replacing him with Meireles is somewhat understandable, but then to play Meireles on the right is baffling.

Not to mention the 'formidable challenge' of Northampton Town FC and the 'famous victory' over Trabzonspor.He's got a mid-table mentality, unless he sorts it out, that's where we'll be heading.

Dreading sunday, even last season I believed we could beat anyone. Now I think we'll struggle against fucking Blackpool.
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:25 am

Dan wrote:Loaning out Aquilani, then replacing him with Meireles is somewhat understandable, but then to play Meireles on the right is baffling.

Not to mention the 'formidable challenge' of Northampton Town FC and the 'famous victory' over Trabzonspor.He's got a mid-table mentality, unless he sorts it out, that's where we'll be heading.

Dreading sunday, even last season I believed we could beat anyone. Now I think we'll struggle against fucking Blackpool.

You're right. We have a better squad than last year but he just fucking doesn't use all the potential that is there! Put all the exciting players on like Jova, Babel, Gerrard, Torres, Cole, Agger etc. Put em all on at once and just fucking attack!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:27 am

AnfieldG8 wrote:The thing with Rafa though, is that it all became stale. He had lost the dressing room and playing under him became a drag. To be honest, I never wanted Roy in although he did fairly well in the transfer market and I'll give him at least til the end of the season to get it right.

See? This is the myth played out by the media and so many people have fallen for it.

He didn't lose the dressing room. Agger, Pepe, Torres signed new deals, and even Masch looked like he was set to sign one. He had a lot of support from the dressing room.

And playing under him was hardly a drag. Yes, we weren't fantastic, but we were still getting good results when the key players decided to turn up. And if playing the way we did last season was a drag, I'd hate to think what the word you'd use to describe this season is.

Cecil followed the media: Rafa shouldn't have been sacked. One bad season does not make you a bad manager. Forget those players who didn't want to play for Rafa. In my eyes, if you don't want to play for Liverpool, regardless of who the manager is, you don't deserve to be there. Roy was the media darling, and Cecil went for him.

So, I pose the question. Had Rafa Benitez not been born in Madrid, but had instead been born in Brighton, would he still be the manager of Liverpool FC?

I have no doubts over my answer. He would be.
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:39 am

Dan wrote:
    AnfieldG8 wrote:The thing with Rafa though, is that it all became stale. He had lost the dressing room and playing under him became a drag. To be honest, I never wanted Roy in although he did fairly well in the transfer market and I'll give him at least til the end of the season to get it right.

See? This is the myth played out by the media and so many people have fallen for it.

He didn't lose the dressing room. Agger, Pepe, Torres signed new deals, and even Masch looked like he was set to sign one. He had a lot of support from the dressing room.

And playing under him was hardly a drag. Yes, we weren't fantastic, but we were still getting good results when the key players decided to turn up. And if playing the way we did last season was a drag, I'd hate to think what the word you'd use to describe this season is.

Cecil followed the media: Rafa shouldn't have been sacked. One bad season does not make you a bad manager. Forget those players who didn't want to play for Rafa. In my eyes, if you don't want to play for Liverpool, regardless of who the manager is, you don't deserve to be there. Roy was the media darling, and Cecil went for him.

So, I pose the question. Had Rafa Benitez not been born in Madrid, but had instead been born in Brighton, would he still be the manager of Liverpool FC?

He wasn't sacked though was he? He wanted to leave and it became a mutual agreement. There had to be some negative feelings towards Rafa because the players this season have kept saying that they like the freshness of training and actually having fun in training. Yes, the media probably took it out of proportion, but I feel there is still a level of truth behind the claims.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:43 am

AnfieldG8 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

He wasn't sacked though was he? He wanted to leave and it became a mutual agreement. There had to be some negative feelings towards Rafa because the players this season have kept saying that they like the freshness of training and actually having fun in training. Yes, the media probably took it out of proportion, but I feel there is still a level of truth behind the claims.

No, he didn't. He was on holiday and was told he wasn't wanted, he was forced out. Don't buy into what Cecil said, in the end it was a mutual agreement, but Rafa couldn't stay after they told him they didn't want him. The media didn't like him, so Cecil had to make sure he was gone. He and his family were in tears over being forced to move away from Liverpool. He loved it here, there is no doubt about that.

Plus, the player are hardly going to come out and say they preferred the previous managers training. The majority didn't want Rafa gone, now I'd say the rest are realising why most the fans were so loyal to him.
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:47 am

Dan wrote:
    AnfieldG8 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

No, he didn't. He was on holiday and was told he wasn't wanted, he was forced out. Don't buy into what Cecil said, in the end it was a mutual agreement, but Rafa couldn't stay after they told him they didn't want him. The media didn't like him, so Cecil had to make sure he was gone. He and his family were in tears over being forced to move away from Liverpool. He loved it here, there is no doubt about that.

Plus, the player are hardly going to come out and say they preferred the previous managers training. The majority didn't want Rafa gone, now I'd say the rest are realising why most the fans were so loyal to him.

You could be right, the thing is, we'll never know the real story.
    shouldn't you be in bed?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:22 pm

rofl JMB gets owned rofl
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:56 pm

I think the decision to get rid of Rafa was the correct one, they thing they got wrong was the replacement they brought in
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Hitchy wrote:I think the decision to get rid of Rafa was the correct one, they thing they got wrong was the replacement they brought in

How was it the correct one? Surely he should be given a chance to fix a poor season?

If we had no manager at the end of the season and Rafa applied he'd be the top candidate, so why have we paid around £6m(?) for wanted by the European Champions to leave?
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:35 am

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    forestfcfan wrote:You're a reet proper Nawfuk lad

Just because you have no friends and your a failure at life, it doesn't give you the right to be an asshole. Neutral

Classic retard post. Just because you dont get the joke you have a tiff and say people have no friends or life. Classic retard response mate SACK RAFA! - Page 2 684775

Alright, i admit, i didn't get the joke, silly me. Was it really necessary for him to start childishly insulting me?

Why don't you read the convo before posting mate. Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:48 am

Hitchy wrote:I think the decision to get rid of Rafa was the correct one, they thing they got wrong was the replacement they brought in

Who do you think they should have gotten instead?

The only names that spring to mind in terms of visibility and availability are Pellegrini, O'Neill and Bradley. None of them seem like a good fit.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 am

menalawyerguy wrote:

Who do you think they should have gotten instead?

The only names that spring to mind in terms of visibility and availability are Pellegrini, O'Neill and Bradley. None of them seem like a good fit.

Pellegrini was the clear best choice. Though we shouldn't have sacked Rafa.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:12 am

I am proud to say that I wanted Rafa to stay. Liverpool just aren't the same anymore Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:40 am