Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
menalawyerguy
Mal
ResurrectionRooney
7 posters

van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou

Poll

Correct decision?

[ 4 ]
    van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou Bar_left36%van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 7 ]
    van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou Bar_left64%van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou Bar_right [64%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Poll closed
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou Empty van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 30, 2011 11:52 pm

In the Invincibles Vs. Barca thread a lot of people were bitching about van Persie's re card, saying it was the inocrrect decision and such, but look at the video

http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/barcelona-v-arsenal-van-persie-red-card

There was about a second between the whistle going an van Persie taking the shot, that's more than long enough for him to stop, if the game was still going on there's no way he would have shot like that, it was a perfectly fair yellow card. van Persie does this all the time, and I was quite happy to see a referee finally give him a yellow card for it.
    Mal
    Mal

van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou Empty Re: van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou

Post by Mal Mon May 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Quit with your WUMing. There was less than a second between whistle and the ball being kicked. I've seen plenty of players do similar things in recent weeks with no punishment.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Not WUMming, if other players do it and don't get booked then that's where the mistake is, not with the referee who books a player for deliberately blasting the ball into row Z. Do you really think van Persie is that bad at shooting?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon May 30, 2011 11:57 pm

I like how disagreeing has become classed as "WUMing" and "trolling" on this forum.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 pm

He shot on his right foot, his so called chocolate leg.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 pm

This is van Persie we're talking about. He has a habit of getting a few cracking shots closer to the corner flag than the goal.. Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Mal wrote:He shot on his right foot, his so called chocolate leg.

That sounds a bit racist to me, but why would he shoot using that leg if he thought he was through on goal?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:00 am

This thread. facepalm

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:01 am

Are you saying that chocolate is only dark? Because there is white chocolate as well? Maybe you are the racist.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am

That bitching was rather stupid. Just because a weaker Arsenal team somehow managed to beat Barcelona does not necessarily mean that 'the Invincibles' were a better team than Barcelona are now. That was the argument right? van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou 279869

Hercules beat Barcelona on their own turf. Does that mean someone should start up a Hercules vs Barcelona thread?

Last edited by Eternal Witcher on Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am

Dan wrote:Are you saying that chocolate is only dark? Because there is white chocolate as well? Maybe you are the racist.

White chocolate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dark chocolate

Racist? van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou 279869
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am

The rule was introduced to stop time wasting, I don't think that he was attempting to time waste, he was just taking a shot. So I don't think he deserved a yellow.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am

he obviously kicked i away in frustration, so it was deserved, but it still seems wrong to send someone off in such a big game for kicking the ball away
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Dan wrote:Are you saying that chocolate is only dark? Because there is white chocolate as well? Maybe you are the racist.

It was, now I find it rather ordinary.

Dark chocolate >>>>>>>>>White chocolate.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

That's because you started feeling guilty for all the years of discrimination and oppression of dark chocolate in favor of white chocolate and now you've implemented some sort of confectionary affirmative action program in order to right past wrongs.

Last edited by menalawyerguy on Tue May 31, 2011 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 am

No he didn't deserve a yellow hard, he was blatantly taking a shot on goal and didn't hear the whistle.

Why bring up a debate from something that happened months ago? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 am

menalawyerguy wrote:

I wouldn't say so.

There are some aspects that White chocolate is better than dark chocolate, and some where dark chocolate is better than white. For example, dark chocolate goes better with fruit and nuts, whereas white chocolate is less likely to rob you.

shifty
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 am

Dan wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

I wouldn't say so.

There are some aspects that White chocolate is better than dark chocolate, and some where dark chocolate is better than white. For example, dark chocolate goes better with fruit and nuts, whereas white chocolate is less likely to rob you.

van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou 279869
    True. Dark chocolate also have much bigger nuts.

Last edited by menalawyerguy on Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

That's because you started feeling guilty for all the years of discrimination and oppression of dark chocolate in favor of white chocolate and now you've implemented some sort of confectionary affirmative action program in order to right past wrongs.

van Persie's Red Card in Camp Nou 78475

Look, I rarely make more than a one-line post, and you guys just ignored it. Cry
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 am

I think he definitely heard the whistle and just shot out of frustration as much as anything, but to effectively send someone off for something so petty in a match so significant seems daft.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue May 31, 2011 12:10 am

This is now about chocolate. Another thread locked. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:36 am