Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Valencia's Season

Anonymous

Valencia's Season Empty Valencia's Season

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Everyone thought they would go poorly this season after David Villa and Silva left. However, just as I expected, Valencia are doing fine. In fact they are doing better than fine. They are sitting at the top of La Liga. Now I realize it's too early to draw conclusions, but I think they will finish in the top 4 easily.
    Kaka11|LFC
    Kaka11|LFC

Valencia's Season Empty Re: Valencia's Season

Post by Kaka11|LFC Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:22 pm

I follow Valencia and have watched almost every game so far and they are playing very well and if anything, Villa and Silva leaving has been a good thing. It's helped out financially and now have an all round solid team, Aduriz might not be as clinical finisher as Villa but hes certainly dominant in the air, Soldado and Dominguez can also play up there or just behind the striker.

Joaquin seems to have stepped up a little bit and Mata will start to play a bigger role but they are a solid team, top 4 easily, top 2 even keep on their form.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Media/general predictions rarely are right.

Look at the Championship.....before it started you had many people giving their hot headed opinions and saying things as if it's certain......only for the complete opposite to happen.

An example......many pundits and general fans saying Watford stood no chance Neutral......and people saying Kris Boyd and Middlesbrough would walk away with the league....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Soldado has a better goal/per game record at Getafe than Villa did at Valencia. And now with Valencia's midfield supporting him, no wonder he is doing well. Plus Aduritz is class as well.

Mata is as good and IMO better than Silva is, so no loss there.

What Valencia got out of the Villa and Silva transfer deals is they managed to invest in their weaker positions and take out some of their debt. They came out of this summer looking better than they entered it as I expected.

In hindsight, IMO Valencia doing poor this season was a knee-jerk reaction as usual.
    Kaka11|LFC
    Kaka11|LFC

Post by Kaka11|LFC Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Emery has been a great manager, he has had a hard time with transfers due to the financial trouble but hes still managed to get great players into every position. He lost alot of players this transfer window but he bought equally capable or better replacements.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:23 am

not worthy

The buys from the Villa/Silva money have been brilliant. Soldado. afro

They have a lot of tough tests coming up though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:59 am