Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
GK01
Jordi
MickStupp
Carlos Jenkinson
TheRangersFan
Jordan Henderchip
Laurencio
Totti
moscowmadeit3
luke.
Kuled
Keanoo
SBSP
Jord
18 posters

Nikica Jelavic says Manchester United want him

Anonymous

Nikica Jelavic says Manchester United want him Empty Nikica Jelavic says Manchester United want him

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Nikica Jelavic has claimed that Manchester United are interested in signing him.

The Rangers striker has been in superb form recently, with four goals in his last five SPL outings helping to push Walter Smith’s side to the brink of their third successive title.

Reports in Croatia have suggested that has attracted the attention of the Old Trafford giants, with Jelavic now saying his agent has made him aware of possible interest.

The 25-year-old made it clear, however, that his only focus was on ensuring Rangers wrapped up the championship with victory at Kilmarnock on Sunday.

‘I know that United are interested,’ the £4million signing from Rapid Vienna told media in his homeland. ‘My agent has established contact but that’s all that I know right now.

‘My agent has mentioned a figure of 15 million euros and I came to Rangers for
    five million euros, so it would be a big gain for the club.

‘However, I would only think of a transfer in the summer. I’m fine here and enjoying every moment. The Rangers fans give me goosebumps. They really love me now.

‘I am looking forward to the Kilmarnock game on Sunday. If we win that match, it will
    be the first title that I have won where I have been one of the key figures. I would call it
    my first real title.’

Despite missing three months of the season with an ankle injury, Jelavic has scored 18 goals in all competitions for Rangers.

He is under contract at Ibrox until 2014, leaving the club in a strong position should any summer interest from elsewhere develop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1386528/Nikica-Jelavic-says-Manchester-United-want--hes-concentrating-Rangers-SPL-glory.html

Neutral
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Nikica Jelavic says Manchester United want him Empty Re: Nikica Jelavic says Manchester United want him

Post by Jord Fri May 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Guess who's a United fan now. Nikica Jelavic says Manchester United want him 784961
    Anonymous

Nikica Jelavic says Manchester United want him Empty Re: Nikica Jelavic says Manchester United want him

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Jord wrote:Guess who's a United fan now. Nikica Jelavic says Manchester United want him 784961
    Beat me to it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm

yippee
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri May 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Nikica Jelavic is a cunt. Good player though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 1:43 pm

I would like to stay at Rangers thanks. Neutral
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Fri May 13, 2011 1:50 pm

What a load of bollox that article is. rofl
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm

I think we have enough strikers Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Laughing

Are those quotes serious?
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri May 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Jela lying again facepalm

shifty
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri May 13, 2011 7:15 pm

rofl
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Fri May 13, 2011 7:27 pm

What a load of shite. If Jelavic goes to Man Utd for 13 million, I will post a video of me standing naked in the middle of town, singing the Rangers song.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 7:27 pm

So we now know Jela is only a bullshitter like his hero.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri May 13, 2011 8:52 pm

He's scored 4 in 5 in the SPL. That's hardly impressive considering who was the top scorer there last season Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 8:54 pm

In 22 games he's scored 15, in all competitions he's got 18 in 26.

We don't need him though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 pm

ahm no thanks
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri May 13, 2011 9:46 pm

I lol'd
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Straight swap Jelavic for Hernandez
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:18 pm

kyro7 wrote:In 22 games he's scored 15, in all competitions he's got 18 in 26.

We don't need him though.

smug
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Fri May 13, 2011 10:55 pm

He is one of the three or four properly good players in Scotland just now. He is an all round striker and scores every type of goal. He almost certainly would have been top scorer if he was not injured for a massive chunk of the season.

Whether SAF will attempt to sign him before he has either proved himself in the Champions League or consistantly internationally is another thing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:58 pm

TheRangersFan wrote:He is one of the three or four properly good players in Scotland just now. He is an all round striker and scores every type of goal. He almost certainly would have been top scorer if he was not injured for a massive chunk of the season.

Whether SAF will attempt to sign him before he has either proved himself in the Champions League or consistantly internationally is another thing.

One of the most technically gifted players in Scotland for a while. Smile
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri May 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    TheRangersFan wrote:He is one of the three or four properly good players in Scotland just now. He is an all round striker and scores every type of goal. He almost certainly would have been top scorer if he was not injured for a massive chunk of the season.

Don't make Scotland look bad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Fonseca wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:

Don't make Scotland look bad

I'm not. If you look at the two goals posted then that is world class technique. Neutral
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Fri May 13, 2011 11:22 pm

According to Sky, Jelavic told the Daily Record that, not media in his homeland. Most likely just paper talk, but you never know. I wouldn't have thought SAF would go for him, at least not yet because he's not played in European competition for Rangers, so he's not really shown if he can play at the highest level, although he did play quite well for Vienna.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri May 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Denilson's scored rockets before, I suppose he's got world class shooting abilities
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Fri May 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Fonseca wrote:Denilson's scored rockets before, I suppose he's got world class shooting abilities
    Not a fair comparison. Jelavic consistently proves he's one of the top players up here.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Fonseca wrote:Denilson's scored rockets before, I suppose he's got world class shooting abilities

In Europe for Rapid Vienna he scored 13 goals in 18 games. Neutral
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 am

People need to realise that this came from the Record.

They speak nothing but utter shite.

A couple of years ago they had it down that Rangers were signing Trezeguet for sure.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 am

Totti wrote:People need to realise that this came from the Record.

They speak nothing but utter shite.

A couple of years ago they had it down that Rangers were signing Trezeguet for sure.

It's on Sky Sports & ESPN as well. Neutral
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat May 14, 2011 12:06 am

Sky Sports have it guys, must be true.

Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:07 am