Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Lux
Zzonked
Jordi
menalawyerguy
fluffy_kittens
wellz
Mustangt125
Jordan Henderchip
dena
Weather130
Scuba Steve
SBSP
Jamie
17 posters

Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio

Anonymous

Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio Empty Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Coming back from the Schalke game.

He said the United fans were trying to wind the Schalke fans up the whole game with the old England V Germany stuff. But at the end when he was walking out and away from the ground lots of the germans were giving the United fans scarves, hats, shaking their hands and saying good luck in the final, all being really cheerful.

He couldn't understand it but said they're the best fans after defeat he's ever seen.

This reminded me of this thread i made "http://www.the-playmaker.com/t3442-what-a-bloke" About an Inter fan in the middle of loads of Bayern fans after they had scored and a Bayern fan turned around and gave him a hand.

Are German fans the nicest in football? Whats the deal...
    Anonymous

Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio Empty Re: Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Fair play to them.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio Empty Re: Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio

Post by Jamie Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Germans are typically very nice fans.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 pm

I really think German fans are some of the best in the world. Signal Iduna Park. eek
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Central European thing I suppose. In Poland it's the same. (except between rivals. Laughing)

United and Schalke are no rivals and only the English care about the English v German 'rivalry'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Polska i found this keyring in my house randomly check it out..
    Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio 2ezlh77
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Heart
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:17 pm

They don't worry too much because they know they have more World Cups than England.

As for Italy, they have always been the bigger brother to the Italians.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:35 pm

This is interesting because I know most German Americans are not that way and we have a short fuse and sometimes a bad temper. Granted my family is more like a German Irish American which is a rather nasty combination which probably has a worse temper than a standard German American.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:43 pm

German people are nice people. Passionate for sure, but nice.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:German people are nice people. Passionate for sure, but nice.
    Typical Germans.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Laughing
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Thank you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:48 pm

A German "serial killer" confessed after nearly 20 years on the run to murdering three boys, police said on Friday as they attempted to link him to further slayings in France and the Netherlands.

What a nice bloke, he confessed.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Probably born in America.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:00 pm

It's good to hear that, I'd think that most Germans are not proud of what happened in WW2 but realize it was a whole generation ago so there would be no reason to retaliate to a few fans who can't let go of a past they weren't even involved in.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:08 pm

I like German people
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:10 pm

krouts
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Couldn't even spell it right.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:31 pm

dena wrote:It's good to hear that, I'd think that most Germans are not proud of what happened in WW2 but realize it was a whole generation ago so there would be no reason to retaliate to a few fans who can't let go of a past they weren't even involved in.
    This as well.

My experience with Germans are usually rather strange. I feel like they are afraid to be proud of being German, not in the sense they don't have pride, but more in the sense of not being sure, if you get what I mean. I think WWII had lots of influence to the mentality of generations since.

Probably an unspoken reason why Germans are so pro-immigration. Anyway, the whole issue is pretty touchy.
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Are there any German teams that are known for having aggressive/hostile supporters?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:47 pm

wellz wrote:Are there any German teams that are known for having aggressive/hostile supporters?

Yeah, Nuremberg.

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Hamburg.

shifty
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:52 pm

polska. wrote:
    dena wrote:It's good to hear that, I'd think that most Germans are not proud of what happened in WW2 but realize it was a whole generation ago so there would be no reason to retaliate to a few fans who can't let go of a past they weren't even involved in.
    This as well.

My experience with Germans are usually rather strange. I feel like they are afraid to be proud of being German, not in the sense they don't have pride, but more in the sense of not being sure, if you get what I mean. I think WWII had lots of influence to the mentality of generations since.

Probably an unspoken reason why Germans are so pro-immigration. Anyway, the whole issue is pretty touchy.

This is why the 2006 WC was one of the first times they started flying the German flag in public. They were ashamed of being German, even if they had nothing to do with the past.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:02 pm

dena wrote:
    wellz wrote:Are there any German teams that are known for having aggressive/hostile supporters?

Yeah, Nuremberg.

Hater in the building. OF course there are some aggressive fans at most clubs, but they are in the minority.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    This as well.

This is why the 2006 WC was one of the first times they started flying the German flag in public. They were ashamed of being German, even if they had nothing to do with the past.
    Aha, I remember my dad saying the exact same thing, (he worked in West Germany for a few months either before or after Italy..) but I think that has more to do with the older generation (40 year olds?). I think the current generation has gone passed being ashamed, from my experience in Germany it is more as if subconsciously they are afraid or unsure of being too proud I suppose?
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:37 pm

SBSP wrote:Hamburg.

Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio 279869

I thought I heard a story that Hamburg had a place on their ground to bury devoted fans once they died or something?
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Yeah, how does that make them aggressive?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Just Heard A Man United fan on the radio _46684397_hamburg_banner_poster
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:
    dena wrote:

Yeah, Nuremberg.

Hater in the building. OF course there are some aggressive fans at most clubs, but they are in the minority.

Mischief

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:33 pm