Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
coolhead33
Jamie
Danny
Lux
8 posters

Excellent news if you're a Northern Ireland fan

Anonymous

Excellent news if you're a Northern Ireland fan Empty Excellent news if you're a Northern Ireland fan

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:50 am

LEE Camp is to turn his back on England and play for Northern Ireland, after being snubbed by Fabio Capello.
    The keeper's remarkable form was key to Nottingham Forest's third place finish in the Championship last season, with Camp keeping 19 clean sheets.
    But, while many fans had been calling for the keeper to be given international recognition, Camp felt playing outside of the top flight would always be a preventative factor.
    However, Capello called-up fellow Championship keeper Scott Loach and Blackburn rookie Frankie Fielding for the friendly against Hungary last month.

And Camp has now decided his England chance will never come – and has made himself available to play for Northern Ireland instead.
    "They will push Scott Loach through, which is fantastic for him," said Camp. "I like Scott and I have a good relationship with him.
    "But I don't think they will be looking for another keeper from the Championship now.
    "I think I have written off my chances now, anyway. I probably did that a long time ago, by being too outspoken.
    "But I am going to go and play for Northern Ireland instead. I qualify through my grandfather, who was born in Belfast.
    "The process has started, I have produced a birth certificate and things are moving along.
    "If might take a couple of months, but hopefully I will be approved to play for them."
    Camp is critical of the way the England regime has treated keepers when they have made mistakes in the past.
    And he hopes they do not 'destroy' Watford keeper Loach's career in the same way.
    "I wish him every success," said Camp. "But they have destroyed Scott Carson, with the way he was treated.
    "I hope they back Joe Hart now if he has a sticky run of form.
    "Because when Paul Robinson had a bad patch, he found himself on the sidelines.
    "And Robert Green made a mistake in the World Cup and he got destroyed. so I'd just like to see them keep faith with someone."
    In the meantime, Camp hopes he can grace the international stage with Northern Ireland.
    "I know both Nigel Worthington, from when I was at Norwich, and Fred Barber the keeper coach," said Camp.
    "They have known about the situation for a while.
    "And I thought to myself, why not? Because I don't think England is going to happen.
    "The chance to play at international level is too good to turn down. With respect, they are not overloaded with goalkeepers.
    "They have Maik Taylor, but he's 39 and isn't playing regularly. Perhaps there is a window of opportunity there for me. We will see."

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/forest/Forest-keeper-Camp-turns-England-favour-Northern-Ireland-chance/article-2658111-detail/article.html

Irelands Number 1, Northern Irelands Number 1!!
    Anonymous

Excellent news if you're a Northern Ireland fan Empty Re: Excellent news if you're a Northern Ireland fan

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:53 am

Ah well at least they have at least 30% chance of a draw seeing as he takes up 30 minutes just preparing for his goal kicks!!
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Excellent news if you're a Northern Ireland fan Empty Re: Excellent news if you're a Northern Ireland fan

Post by Lux Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:53 am

Scott Loach cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:54 am

Scott Loach is a Forest fan Wink

and a Forest reject... shifty
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:56 am

Well, he's 26, and never even been near the Premier League, why wouldn't Capello snub him? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:56 am

Danny B wrote:Well, he's 26, and never even been near the Premier League, why wouldn't Capello snub him? Neutral

Probably didn't snub him on his ability. But more on his ability of slowing a game down before it has even started!
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:57 am

forestfcfan wrote:Scott Loach is a Forest fan Wink

and a Forest reject... shifty

When he was 12-14 Laughing

He said he has a soft spot for Forest...but it isn't his main team bounce

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:08 am

Danny B wrote:Well, he's 26, and never even been near the Premier League, why wouldn't Capello snub him? Neutral

He was in the Under 21's, Kept 19 Clean sheets last season and was in the Championship Team of the Year, won Forest Player of the Season; our first keeper to do so since Peter Shilton. Was better than Carson and Loach last season in the Championship, and still is now, but both of those keepers have had recent call ups. Also, he's 9999999 times better than Fielding; who's highest level of football has been League 1 Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:13 am

Aye but he's 26, and Loach and Fielding are in their 20s/teens Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:00 pm

WooHoo! Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Shock, the Irish are nicking our players again.. Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Norn Irish*

temper
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Laughing
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:11 am

He's nothing special.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 am

Maik Taylor is better Dance
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 am

Westwood>Camp Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:07 am

Camp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Loach>>Westwood Wink
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:08 am

Poke>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Camp
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:23 pm

forestfcfan wrote:Camp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Loach>>Westwood Wink

Mad

That's why Loachy gets England call ups cheers 2
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    forestfcfan wrote:Camp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Loach>>Westwood Wink

Mad

That's why Loachy gets England call ups cheers 2

Because Westy chose to play for ROI? scratch

5 ROI caps (Westwood) > 1 NI call up (Camp) Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:00 am

Way too underrated, should be Englands number 1 Lee Camp >>>>> Casillas >> Buffon>>> The Pope>>>> Loach>>>Jedward>>Westwood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steven Hawkings>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Green
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:07 am

Missed out Kasper Schmeichel at the top there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:30 am