Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Trig
Fanatic
dena
7 posters

Balotelli admits that he needs help

Anonymous

Balotelli admits that he needs help Empty Balotelli admits that he needs help

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:47 pm

"Ho bisogno d'aiuto, rovino sempre tutto." With these simple words – "I need help, I always ruin everything" – Mario Balotelli made a plea for assistance to Italy Coach Cesare Prandelli. It has a desperate ring, especially coming from one so young.

Anyone with any experience of some form of depression will find the statement terribly familiar. It is easy to get caught up in a circle of negative thinking which believes all actions are futile and end up in disaster. It often takes some outside aid to break that pattern.

That's not to say SuperMario has any such problems. However, it is clear that the Manchester City striker does have issues. How the Azzurri help nurture his talent can give an example to the nation as a whole.

This is a watershed moment for the Italy team. Never before have they had such a talented young black player at their disposal. He is playing a pioneering role in the story of La Nazionale. He can blaze a trail for the likes of Stefano Okaka and Angelo Ogbonna to try to follow.

Make no mistake, there are many people who would love to see him fail. They have struggled over the years to come to terms with South American Oriundi who did not attempt to sing the national anthem. For them, seeing a black player in Azzurri blue was simply a step too far.

"No to a multi-ethnic Italy" – their banner proclaimed at a recent friendly match. They would be more than happy to see Balotelli destroyed by his demons and never get near to representing his country again. It would be to Italian football's shame if that was allowed to happen.

There are two issues here that are intertwined – questions of race and temperament. Plenty of people are willing to use the latter as a way to camouflage their views on the former. It is important to try to disentangle the two areas.

Balotelli is often his own worst enemy and his behaviour on the field of play lets him down. But is he much worse than, say, a young Francesco Totti or Antonio Cassano? Nobody is calling for special treatment for the former Inter forward – simply equal treatment to everyone else.

It is only fair to point out that Balotelli has faced greater difficulties than most to get his career to this stage. Racism remains an issue of enormous concern in Italy. It is hard to believe that many of his “attitudes” are not down to his experience of growing up as a young black man in that country.

But does the argument of what came first – Mario's bad behaviour or the chants and jeers he has faced – really matter? Some will say his treatment has nothing to do with the colour of his skin. It is not, however, an argument I find convincing. Many people seem all-too-happy to use his most minor misdemeanours as an excuse to give vent to the most cowardly abuse. The nature of those insults is inexcusable, no matter his actions on the field of play.

This has now become an issue that rises above any question of race. We have seen plenty of fine footballers driven out of the game or failing to realise their talents due to some internal turmoil. The sport has a duty to try to help avoid Balotelli becoming another name on that list.

He has admitted he has a problem, which is admirable in a man who has not yet turned 21. And, in Prandelli, he could not have a national team Coach more inclined to give him assistance, understanding and guidance. Ultimately, of course, it is a battle which Balotelli will have to win on his own. However, anyone who holds Italian football dear should have a vested interest in hoping that he emerges victorious.

http://www.football-italia.net/blogs/gr117.html

At least he is aware that he needs help. The English media really does need to lay off him a bit. The guy needs room to breathe, especially given the situation he's coming from in Italy.
    dena
    dena

Balotelli admits that he needs help Empty Re: Balotelli admits that he needs help

Post by dena Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 pm

I think it's good that Ballotelly has reached out for help, the article makes a good comparison with him and Cassano/Totti, who have seemed to calm down over the years, but are still a bit wacky. Either way, it's hard not to feel for the guy, no one knows how he grew up in Italy, a majority of his attitude today may be backlash for what happened in the past, who knows.

Now only if Ballotelli would stand up and do the same. Neutral

EDIT: You fucks done gone and changed it now. Fuck you
    Anonymous

Balotelli admits that he needs help Empty Re: Balotelli admits that he needs help

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Serves you right for trying to take the Mickey out of me.

What the hell did I just say? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Maybe he should come to Hereford and clear his mind in the fresh countryside air whilst re-finding his form banging in goals against hopeless centre backs.

It's a win-win situation. Balotelli admits that he needs help 279869
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:14 pm

I like Balotelli, he's pretty funny..

Until he starts doing well for City that is.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:02 am

fuck him

you gotta all that money and you still mope around, go see some real problems fucking pussy
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 am

ViVaRooney wrote:fuck him

you gotta all that money and you still mope around, go see some real problems fucking pussy
    facepalm

21?

Money cant buy you happiness. Cool

How do you know he hasn't seen some real problems? IIRC, he is a foster kid so must of had some previous indiscretions growing up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:35 am

21? i am 21 too and i am not rich

unless he was raped as a kid or seen his family die infront of him he has no reason to be mopy. he is earning shit load of money to do what he loves (i am guessing he loves football or else why would he play)

sorry but he can piss off and grow up
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:38 am

ViVaRooney wrote:21? i am 21 too and i am not rich

unless he was raped as a kid or seen his family die infront of him he has no reason to be mopy. he is earning shit load of money to do what he loves (i am guessing he loves football or else why would he play)

sorry but he can piss off and grow up
    I was pointing out your age, something a minor would post. Neutral
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:56 am

I would be upset too if i had to play for that joke of a club. I personally love Balotelli and think he is going to be a fucking superstar, looking forward to when he joins Milan.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:00 am

i hope he dosent do that stunt with the ac milan shirt with city. I can almost see it he has an agrument with mancini and then go's the press saying he wants to play for united just to spite mancini
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:37 am

lets hope he make full recovery back to his beastly best it would be shame to football world community if such a talent did not fulfill full potential as in his own words, he is the second best player of modern times and messi is only a little bit better
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:51 am

mauro=beast wrote:lets hope he make full recovery back to his beastly best it would be shame to football world community if such a talent did not fulfill full potential as in his own words, he is the second best player of modern times and messi is only a little bit better

ahm he is nowhere near that
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:34 am

what a ni-
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:46 am

Mustangt125 wrote:what a ni-
    i hope what your about to is what a nice man
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:58 am

His biological parents only wanted him for his money, he grew up as a minority, throughly took racist abuse, is in a completely new country where he struggles to speak the same language and finds the culture difficult.

What else... Media labels him as a moron, simply psychology shows that he's taken in abuse and lets out anger at meaningless times....

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:08 am

Fonseca wrote:

His biological parents only wanted him for his money, he grew up as a minority, throughly took racist abuse, is in a completely new country where he struggles to speak the same language and finds the culture difficult.

What else... Media labels him as a moron, simply psychology shows that he's taken in abuse and lets out anger at meaningless times....

It seems that isn't completely true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300427/Mario-Balotellis-double-life-The-bitter-family-feud-haunts-29m-Manchester-City-target.html
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:21 am

Rei wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

It seems that isn't completely true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300427/Mario-Balotellis-double-life-The-bitter-family-feud-haunts-29m-Manchester-City-target.html

Arh even so that's what he throughly believes, he must have hate towards his biological parents during early years considering he visited his siblings.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:36 am

He doesn't need help with anything.

He only needs to consistently turn up performances on the pitch and people will soon forgot about his frailties.
    birminghamcity79
    birminghamcity79

Post by birminghamcity79 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:14 am

help? he doesn't need help! all he needs to do is stop being a cunt Balotelli admits that he needs help 33592
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:19 am

I do feel sorry for him after reading that article, growing up in a racist envrionment, adoption etc. It must have played in his mind alot and obviously has left him with a few mental issues.

I say mental issues but i can't see why he wont grow out of them or have help from councellors to help him, we have to remember he is barely older than some of us.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 pm

I thought this would be about how he needs help putting a bib on. Neutral
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:57 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/03/22/2407109/manchester-citys-mario-balotelli-ronaldo-can-help-me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:20 pm