Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
dena
Walcott
ResurrectionRooney
Zzonked
SBSP
Dean
Jamie
Mal
Suare7_
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Cadbury
Jack
Pippo
JamieB
Kuled
moscowmadeit3
20 posters

Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver

moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver  Empty Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver

Post by moscowmadeit3 Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 am

A tumour in Eric Abidal’s liver has been detected and the player will be operated on this Friday

From Barcelona on Twitter.

Thoughts are with him, get well soon, great defender and sad news.

Last edited by moscowmadeit3 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kuled

Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver  Empty Re: Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver

Post by Kuled Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 am

pray
    Get well soon.
    Anonymous

Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver  Empty Re: Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 am

Best of luck with the operation.
    JamieB
    JamieB

Supports : Manchester United

Post by JamieB Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:08 am

Oh my god Surprised get well soon Sad
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:09 am

I feel for him and the doctor.
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 am

Pip wrote:I feel for him and the doctor.

facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 am

Suspect
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 am

Neutral
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:13 am

Well, if I was the doctor, about to perform a risky operation on arguably one of the best left backs in the world, then i'd be shaking like a leaf tbh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:14 am

Lucky him to find it now while he's young.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 am

Pip wrote:Well, if I was the doctor, about to perform a risky operation on arguably one of the best left backs in the world, then i'd be shaking like a leaf tbh.

You'd be a shit doctor then.

I wouldn't want to be operated on by a doctor shaking like a leaf Neutral
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 am

NGreat wrote:
    Pip wrote:Well, if I was the doctor, about to perform a risky operation on arguably one of the best left backs in the world, then i'd be shaking like a leaf tbh.

You'd be a shit doctor then.

I wouldn't want to be operated on by a doctor shaking like a leaf Neutral
    Laughing

I'm on about beforehand.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am

This is really horrible, one of the best defenders in the world, and he always so consistant and commited, such a shame. Is there like, any chance of him still carrying on playing if the operation goes well?
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 am

Hopefully he can play again, depends how bad the tumour is though and if it gets infected or spreads before or after the operation.
    Suare7_
    Suare7_

Post by Suare7_ Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 am

Hope he has a successful operation and gets well soon.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:52 am

I heard he's already been diagnosed with cancer. Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:54 am

Mal wrote:It's not just a tumour, he's been diagnosed with cancer.

Source? Nowhere mentions that...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 am

How we could use a left-back like him, loved him to bits after his great defensive header at the Emirates. And when I got his IF on Ultimate Team Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver  279869

Hope he recovers quickly.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:59 am

I've changed my post to "I heard" but I did hear. Neutral

They wouldn't be worrying that much about a tumour if cancer wasn't involved.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 am

Hopefully he gets well soon. Thoughts are with him and his family.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 am

Awful news. One of the most consistent defenders of this generation. Hopefully he recovers quickly and completely. pray
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 am

Really feel for him, hope he gets well soon.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:35 am

Rio Ferdinand | Manchester, UK Following
    Just heard Eric Abidal has been diagnosed with with cancer, thoughts are with you. The man was a rock vs arsenal as well.

Robin van Persie | london
    I see many reactions about Abidal's bad news, i didn't know be4. I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery!! Great player!!!

Kaka | Madrid
    What sad news about Eric Abidal, tumor in the liver ! Let 's pray for him .. God bless !!

luis suarez | Holland
    I just got a sad news of Eric Abidal! I want to give him all my affection and support from here! I wish him all the luck of the world!

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 am

Relax, no-one's said he has cancer, Rio Ferdinand's just over-reacting to the fact he has a tumour. Lots of people have tumours, most of them are benign, but if you're a top class international footballer you can afford to have them removed. Even if it isn't benign, there's a good chance it's pre-malignant and they're removing it just to be on the safe side. I'd be pretty surprised if this ended his season, never mind his career.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:44 am

All the best to him. Hopefully he gets it sorted and can get back to what he does best, great player.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:01 am

Apparently it's benign and he'll be out 5-6 weeks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 am

So basically he is a lucky lad?

Compared to others I mean.

And why are people overrating him because hes got a tumour? Someone called him one of the best defenders in the world. Laughing

EDIT: And generations??? Oh my god. Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver  70955 Abidal diagnosed with a tumour in his liver  70955
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:01 pm

He has been James, since he's moved to centre back due to Puyol's injury(and before that) he's been outstanding. Definitely top 5 centre backs this season.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Oh are we talking about form again? When I talk about form I get laughed at then people go on about best defenders on form.

People need to make their minds up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:05 pm

James ♠ wrote:Oh are we talking about form again? When I talk about form I get laughed at then people go on about best defenders on form.

People need to make their minds up.
    You of all people should know the double standards that exist in footy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:55 am