Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Rate The Last Album You Listened To

LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Rate The Last Album You Listened To Empty Rate The Last Album You Listened To

Post by LFC_Grunners Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 am

Diggy Simmons - Past Presents Future
    Rate The Last Album You Listened To Diggy-Past-Present-Future

15 y/o Diggy Simmons hooks up with the world famous mixtape king DJ Premier on this one. A descent from Hip-Hop royalty Diggy has a big reputation to live it up to and has served his father proud with this one, As well as embarrassing his older brother Jo-Jo who's career has been hit hard by critics. The lyrics aren't there in every track but at the age of 15 he has time to grow and I reckon he'll be a future superstar, But Diggy got FLO! many of the songs are over classic Old Skool NY Hip-Hop beats which I'm a big fan off.

Overall 7/10

My Fave Tracks:
    Shooked Ones II
    Electric Relaxation
    Digg is...

Not sure I'f I'm allowed to post the download link on this site, Anyone wants it inbox me :shifty

Oh, and I must add I was smoking a Jay whilst writing that, so if it doesn't make sense, meh! Its great Buy It, Steal It, Just listen to it!

PEACE! taxi
    Danny
    Danny

Rate The Last Album You Listened To Empty Re: Rate The Last Album You Listened To

Post by Danny Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 am

Shiny Toy Guns : We Are Pilots

2006 debut album from the indie rock/synthpop American band. You may know You Are The One, one of the best songs on the FIFA 07 soudtrack imo. Would also look out for Rainy Monday, and Starts With One, depending on which album version you download shifty
    dena
    dena

Rate The Last Album You Listened To Empty Re: Rate The Last Album You Listened To

Post by dena Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:45 am

Downloaded Adele, 21 today, gave it a brief go around, if i remember this thread i'll come here and talk shit about it.
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:08 am

Jay-Z The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse
    Rate The Last Album You Listened To Jay-z-blueprint-2-gift-curse
    7/10
    Recently been listening to a lot of Jay as i never really bothered when he first came about. Not a bad album but not brilliant. For me Jays songs are like Marmite you either love them or hate them, theres no inbetween. Same goes for the songs on this album. For me there are too many not so great songs but on the flipside, the ones that are good are just wow.
    Favourite Tracks
    Blueprint 2 - Brilliant song, samples The Good The Bad & The Ugly theme and is a diss song. The beat for me is what makes this track so good.
    '03 Bonnie & Clyde - One with Beyonce, pretty laid back track that you can listen to with your lady friend Wink
    The Watcher 2 - Remix of Dr. Dres The Watcher...great song featuring the Doc himself and Rakim another rap icon
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 am

Lupe Fiasco - Lasers. AMAZING ALBUM 10/10

Rate The Last Album You Listened To Lupe-Fiasco-Lasers-Album-Cover-540x540

Fravorite song: All of them but the one that stands out for me is 'Never for get you' with John Legend.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:33 am

I got Lasers like week, I like it but feel it's too commercial. Lupe has stated the same, 'All Black Everything' is brilliant. Great lyrics/flow/beat.

Two other albums I got this week are Frank Ocean's nostalgia,ULTRA. Pretty damn good 'modern' R&B album (by modern I mean some rap is incorporated, with some rap style production)

Fav songs: Strawberry Swing, Novacane, Songs for Women, We all Try, American Wedding, Swim Good.

Highly recommended.

Last one is Mac Miller's Best Day Ever he's definitely a niche artist, not to serious lyrically, but has a nice upbeat flow and has good production.

Favorite songs: Best Day Ever, Get Up, Donald Trump, In the Air.

Good summer rap.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:14 am

Had to be done:

Novi Novak
    Hibernations Over

Rate The Last Album You Listened To Hibernationsover

10/10 It is amazing he Is the next big thing search him up!!!
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:51 am

Busta Rhymes - I'm Mad 2011 Mixtape
    Rate The Last Album You Listened To Busta_Rhymes_Im_Mad-front-large
    9/10
    Brilliant mixtape, his back to his old ways where he raps quicker then anybody in the rap game. Give or take a couple of tracks the mixtape has a lot of decent features like T.I., Ghostface Killah, DMX etc etc. Recommend to anyone who loves big beats, fast rhymes and pretty decent lyrics.
    Favourite Tracks
    Stop The Party ft T.I., Cam'ron, Ghostface Killah, DMX, Swizz Beatz - Each have their own verses and all go hard especially DMX at the end
    Look At Me Now ft Chris Brown & Lil Wayne - Chris Brown should stick to rap, plus Weezys voice really suits the beat
    60 Second Assassins ft Layzie Bone, Twista, Jaz-O - All try and rap as fast as possible and succeed
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:32 am

Currently listening to Awesome as Fuck, Green Day's live album- actually out on the 22nd, but I got it early. smug

Got to say, it's really good, even if you could say it's missing a few songs..
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:44 am

I don't normally listen to albums because of the filler, but I was listening to Bright Lights by Ellie Goulding and liked most of the songs.....7/10....good voice but needs to explore ways to give an album more variety.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:46 am

Lasers - Lupe Fiasco

10/10
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:47 am

DamianMartinez wrote:Lupe Fiasco - Lasers. AMAZING ALBUM 10/10

Rate The Last Album You Listened To Lupe-Fiasco-Lasers-Album-Cover-540x540

Fravorite song: All of them but the one that stands out for me is 'Never for get you' with John Legend.

I just noticed it says Losers. rofl I can't believe I didn't catch that before.
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:57 am

Wiz Khalifa - The Chronic 2010 Mixtape
    Rate The Last Album You Listened To 00-the-chronic-hif

8/10
    Surprisingly pretty good, obviously i only knew him from the B&Y songs but its a actually got a few good songs. Reason why its an 8 is because theres some good beats, decent lyrics and a couple of good guest features. Reeasons why its not a 9 or 10 is because his rap style is the same throughout. Basically how he raps in B&Y is pretty much the same for each track & he has pissed me off using my favourite artists (Dr. Dre) album cover and title.
    Favorite Tracks
    Black & Yellow
    Fuck The Money
    Real Estate
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:36 am

Rate The Last Album You Listened To Foo-Fighters

8/10

Giving it only 8 just because I've not really listened to it a lot. It's a brilliant return by the Foos though. Rope is class, listening to Arlandria now, and that's another very strong track. And it's yet another album I've downloaded early. shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:34 am