Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

top team that has not been in top divsion? (England)

Weather130
    Weather130

top team that has not been in top divsion? (England) Empty top team that has not been in top divsion? (England)

Post by Weather130 Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 am

Basically I was wondering who is the highest positioned team that has not been in the top division in England? I heard last year it was Plymouth Argyle but they were relegated so I was wondering if that has changed.

If you want to talk about teams in the same situation in other countries go ahead.
    Anonymous

top team that has not been in top divsion? (England) Empty Re: top team that has not been in top divsion? (England)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 am

plymouth are the biggest city to not have a premier league team, it was hull we got up there. at the moment the highest placed team (which i think you are asking) is swansea?
    Anonymous

top team that has not been in top divsion? (England) Empty Re: top team that has not been in top divsion? (England)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 am

Swansea have been in the 1st Division before.

All I know is that it was Hull then Plymouth when Hull went up
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 am

Doncaster?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 am

have cardiff been in 1st div before then?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:04 am

Dan wrote:Doncaster?

good shout

that could be the answer. i was think millwall but im sure they pipped us to promotion to the first div in the 80s.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:07 am

James ♠ wrote:
    Dan wrote:Doncaster?

good shout

that could be the answer. i was think millwall but im sure they pipped us to promotion to the first div in the 80s.

Yeah, Millwall were in it quite recent. Not sure about Cardiff though. Might be them.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 am

As I suspected it would change I will try to see if it is Doncaster. Poor Plymouth went into adminitration and look likely to be headed to League Two.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 am

It must be Doncaster I read on wiki that they have never played above the second tier.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:23 am

Now that the first question has been answered what about other countries? I know in Germany last year it was FC Augsburg, those poor guys lost the promotion playoff for a spot in the Bundesliga. Unlucky for them that this promotion/relegation game was just brought back two years ago. They are currently still in exactly the same position right now as last year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:15 pm