Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Sean
Royal
Danny
Keanoo
AriseForLife
GK01
Jamie
dena
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Cadbury
Jack
Ben 10
Mouse
Drake
Bushido
moscowmadeit3
Jordi
Zzonked
LFC_Grunners
JK
Marvin
Lightfoot
Walcott
DavisUnited21
Theo Filippo
Grenade
SBSP
blackskar
North_Sea_Tiger
Carlos Jenkinson
Fanatic
Pippo
The Zlatan
Barton
Cornholio
Scuba Steve
luke.
Kuled
bcfcben
43 posters

CC Final - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City FC

Poll

Result

[ 14 ]
    CC Final - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City FC - Page 23 Bar_left36%CC Final - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City FC - Page 23 Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 25 ]
    CC Final - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City FC - Page 23 Bar_left64%CC Final - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City FC - Page 23 Bar_right [64%] 

Total Votes: 39
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

CC Final - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City FC - Page 23 Empty Re: CC Final - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City FC

Post by bcfcben Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Just a quick one, im aware we are in Europe (unreal) but do we have to qualify through a home and away fixture to get in the Europa League or do we go straight into the group stage?
    Anonymous

CC Final - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City FC - Page 23 Empty Re: CC Final - Arsenal FC v Birmingham City FC

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:01 pm

The former I reckon.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:25 am

bcfcben wrote:Just a quick one, im aware we are in Europe (unreal) but do we have to qualify through a home and away fixture to get in the Europa League or do we go straight into the group stage?
    Qualify my friend, only the Europa League champions get a direct spot in the group stage (unless they qualify for the Champions League of course). Birmingham will start in the Third Qualifying Round of the 2011-12 Europa League. If you win in that round you go to the Playoff Round so you have to win two home/ away matches before making the group stage.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:27 am

Although if you somehow managed to win the FA Cup as well as the Carling Cup you would start in the Playoff Round. Laughing
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:27 am

No pressure then Laughing I dont really care if we fail to make it to the Europa League, the fact that we are playing a foreign club without it being a friendly is just EPIC
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:13 am

bcfcben wrote:No pressure then Laughing I dont really care if we fail to make it to the Europa League, the fact that we are playing a foreign club without it being a friendly is just EPIC
    Yea I imagine it will be fun to play against a somewhat well know foreign club and have that experiance. I imagine if you get drawn to some weird unknown club from Eastern Europe you hopefully be able to beat them.
    A few of the Europa League spots elsewhere are been decided so here is a small sampling of other clubs starting in the 3rd Qualifying Round;
    Lokomotiv Moscow (5th place Russia)
    Strømsgodset (Norwegian Cup Winners)
    Helsingborgs IF (Swedish Cup Winners)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:32 pm