Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Trig
Ben
Childish Logic
Tony Adams 6
Cadbury
Lux
SBSP
11 posters

Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap?

Anonymous

Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? Empty Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:42 pm

his transfers, his uglyness? Not just for him selling Liverpool's few good players, that doesn't affect me. But, he's always struck me as a shitty manager, even at Fulham. I remember when he was at Fulham he played the most bland football all the time. When he arrived at Liverpool, he was demanding Lucas to play the ball backwards at all times. Then he got Konchesky and Poulsen? (wtf?) He just seems like a crap manager in general. Opinions?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? Empty Re: Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap?

Post by SBSP Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:45 pm

He just doesn't have what it takes to manage a top club. He can't handle expectations like those Liverpool had. With Fulham saying that they probably wouldn't win every game wasn't be a problem - they got to the Europa League Final. Liverpool is a different story, he has to appear confident and give his players confidence as well. bounce
    Anonymous

Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? Empty Re: Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:32 pm

You already know you're not the only one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Fuck off. He's an amazing manager. Single handedly took them to 19th Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? 914411
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:16 pm

He could be doing worse.........based on last season and the fact that the team this season is without Mascherano.......it's not a surprise where they are.

Ok so there's been some dodgy signings but then again every manager makes them. He was under constraints in that transfer window......he needs more time.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Like to see Wenger win LMA Manager of the Year Coffee
    Tony Adams 6
    Tony Adams 6

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Tony Adams 6 Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Wenger's won it twice Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? 28973
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Tony Adams 6 wrote:Wenger's won it twice Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? 28973

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:37 am

Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? 7oGh7
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:47 am

Neutral Neutral
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:56 am

Would've had more effect if you spelt crap wrong shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:04 am

How do you misspell crap? Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? 427590
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:08 am

A better question would be, Does ANYONE think Hodgson is a good manager?

Anyway, you were taking the piss out of the Balotelli being 'arragont' thread, weren't you?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:15 am

Mischief
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:52 am

he's not crap, he is absolute pure shit.....welcome back Rafa
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:30 am

hasn't even been given a proper chance.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:34 am

Luxz0rz wrote:He could be doing worse.........based on last season and the fact that the team this season is without Mascherano.......it's not a surprise where they are.

Ok so there's been some dodgy signings but then again every manager makes them. He was under constraints in that transfer window......he needs more time.

Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? Francis-Jeffers

NeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:38 am

Too early to judge, you can't fault him for sticking 2 up top and bringing in Meireles.

I think they were positive things he has done and despite Konchesky not being very good, if he didn't bring him in who would play left-back with Aurelio injured so often?
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:29 am

The-Reporter wrote:Too early to judge, you can't fault him for sticking 2 up top and bringing in Meireles.

I think they were positive things he has done and despite Konchesky not being very good, if he didn't bring him in who would play left-back with Aurelio injured so often?

Meireles = Purslow signing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:47 am

NGreat wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:Too early to judge, you can't fault him for sticking 2 up top and bringing in Meireles.

Meireles = Purslow signing.
    Really? Is there any proof.. i thought Roy brang him in.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:20 am

I don't think he's crap, but obviously a team like Liverpool is above his head. Rumor has it that his training methods are boring and take tons of repetition for players to do them properly, and with a manager who really doesn't have trophies to back him up, getting players to buy into that system is tough. Never really rated him when it comes to transfers, but I'd trust him to run my team if it was lower/mid-table.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:13 am

Mal wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:He could be doing worse.........based on last season and the fact that the team this season is without Mascherano.......it's not a surprise where they are.

Am I the only one who thinks Hodgson is crap? Francis-Jeffers

NeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutralNeutral

what he said
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:21 pm

dena wrote:I don't think he's crap, but obviously a team like Liverpool is above his head. Rumor has it that his training methods are boring and take tons of repetition for players to do them properly, and with a manager who really doesn't have trophies to back him up, getting players to buy into that system is tough. Never really rated him when it comes to transfers, but I'd trust him to run my team if it was lower/mid-table.

Like you hinted upon, that's just the problem. I would love him to be a manager of a mid table side as that is what he does great.....but Liverpool FC aint mid-table.......yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:25 am