Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Childish Logic
masutora
Grenade
Pippo
Cadbury
North_Sea_Tiger
Keanoo
Walcott
Marvin
Uncle John from Jamaica
blackskar
Royal
Lux
luke.
Danny
Barton
Sean
Kuled
Cameron.
23 posters

Qatar 2022: A bit of knowledge on the bid for you all

Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Qatar 2022: A bit of knowledge on the bid for you all - Page 2 Empty Re: Qatar 2022: A bit of knowledge on the bid for you all

Post by Pippo Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:38 am

Keanoo wrote:
    Dan wrote:I'm English, I don't find this funny at all. Quite immature tbh.

This.

This.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Qatar 2022: A bit of knowledge on the bid for you all - Page 2 Empty Re: Qatar 2022: A bit of knowledge on the bid for you all

Post by Lux Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:38 am

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:A lot of bitter people in here. I bet half of you havent even seen the stadium plans and bid video. It looks the best WC by far. The stadiums are amazing and the ideas are brilliant

Na, it's just funny anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:19 am

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:The video where it shows the stadiums that will be built and infrastructure that will be put in place looks amazing. Probably the best bid video ive ever seen

Do you have a link to the video? I am curious.

(Also, for the other bids, that'd be nice as well.)
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:36 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    North_Sea_Tiger wrote:The video where it shows the stadiums that will be built and infrastructure that will be put in place looks amazing. Probably the best bid video ive ever seen

I looked at all the 2018 ones and England's was clearly the best.

Russia's was just some stupid flying cameraman showing the new stadiums and then slapping the capacity on it.

Spain's was just Spanish/Portugese people saying the same line about 100 times, yet no one understood it until Torres said it half in English.

England's was actually the only video that put England's bid across professionally and showed why we're the best bid.

Haven't seen Qatar's video but whilst looking at new stadiums is nice it's not just about that. Anyone who isn't a moron knows how glamorous Qatar is, it's everything else that is questionable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:48 am

Oh, those presentation videos? I watched them, I thought they were just presentation videos and that they would add an actual video showing their stadiums and plans and everything afterwords.

If so, than I must say Australia threw the worse bid in history. It was just a fucking Kangaroo with the WC Trophy in the middle of the Australia Outback. Neutral
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 am

NGreat wrote:

this.

Qatar 2022: A bit of knowledge on the bid for you all - Page 2 800px-West_Bay_Buildings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalifa_International_Stadium

Shit init Neutral.

DAYUMMMM !
    Qatar 2022: A bit of knowledge on the bid for you all - Page 2 Dayum
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Supports : The Famous Glasgow Rangers

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:05 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:

Only seen the Qatar video TBH.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEXxkoDZQA
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:18 am

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:

Only seen the Qatar video TBH.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEXxkoDZQA

Their actual presentation to the FIFA team is even better.
    masutora
    masutora

Supports : Yes

Post by masutora Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:23 am

Wow.

On the other hand I do believe they have camel races (they do in UAE).
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Supports : The Famous Glasgow Rangers

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:25 am

Yeah. I never seen any of the bidding thing on Tv. I saw a small part in the news about dismantling the stadiums after the WC and rebuilding them again in developing countrys. I think that was probably a big part of them winning the bid
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:30 am

Camel races are funny Laughing

and qatar is like an hour away from UAE so it's going to be packed full of arabs.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:31 am

NZG wrote:Camel races are funny Laughing

and qatar is like an hour away from UAE so it's going to be packed full of arabs.

Well it does border Saudi Arabia as well...
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:35 am

Australia's Kangaroo video was the most cringeworthy thing I have ever seen. Our presentation team failed us. Having said that, this decision could have been over a long time ago if they were only judged by a video and presentation...
    Qatar had a decent presentation, but don't judge a book by it's cover. All if not most of their ideas are all fictional right now, let's just wait until they have everything completed first...
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:42 am

Danny B wrote:

From my knowledge most saudis don't like travelling. I may be wrong.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:44 am

NZG wrote:

Fair enough, I just saw Arabs, went for Saudi Arabia, ya know? Neutral

What do I know about the asia/middle east? Fuck all Laughing
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:08 am

You realize that Qataris themselves are Arabs, right?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:10 am

NZG wrote:
    Danny B wrote:

I don't know about that. They're one of the most common type of tourist in places like Bahrain, Kuwait, Doha and UAE during certain times of year.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:05 am

rofl rofl rofl rofl
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:06 pm

AnfieldG8 wrote:Australia's Kangaroo video was the most cringeworthy thing I have ever seen. Our presentation team failed us. Having said that, this decision could have been over a long time ago if they were only judged by a video and presentation...
    Qatar had a decent presentation, but don't judge a book by it's cover. All if not most of their ideas are all fictional right now, let's just wait until they have everything completed first...
    Julia Gillard's little cameo was the worst Qatar 2022: A bit of knowledge on the bid for you all - Page 2 58503
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:01 pm

is funny many of my aussie friend was saying kangaroo video was embarrassing and just distasteful but foreign people like those kind of thing. i actually liked it and so did many of my friends lol. why aussie embarassed by kangaroo? its nice to eat
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Great OP. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:09 pm

recent reports say fifa considering lobby for qatar to move world cup to january to avoid the heat

bin hamman recommended this action to them like he doing for upcoming asian cup which is normally host in june but was change to next month(january) to avoid 130 farenheight/50 celcius heats

fifa is now 100% bend over for qatar
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Would they call a break to the club season mid swing if they did that then?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:50 pm

who knows
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Either way, it's going to be an interesting World Cup. What will be interesting to watch as well is the politics of this region over the course of the next decade. Knowing that the Persian Gulf is going to be the focal point of the entire world for a month, will these countries try to make strides to improve their reputations in terms of human rights, workers' rights and women's rights? Becaus if not, it'll be a total fucking embarrassment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:15 pm