Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
vel
Theo Filippo
The Zlatan
Glen Miller
FCB
ResurrectionRooney
SBSP
11 posters

FIFA Arrests

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

FIFA Arrests - Page 3 Empty Re: FIFA Arrests

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:30 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Of course, you could subscribe to the theory that Blatter, the man who said gays shouldn't involve themselves in illegal sexual activities in Qatar, or said that there was no issue with racism in the game (and that those confronted with it should just shake the hands of the people racially abusing them), or that to garner more interest in the women's game, that they should wear tighter clothing, somehow mysteriously figured out he wasn't the right person to lead the reforms (of which, until last week, FIFA said didn't need to happen in the first place).
    That's Qatari law, FIFA and Blatter are in no position to make demands of the Qatari government and their laws.

Blatter obviously subscribes to a more serious version of racism than just petty name calling. And he was advocating a "I'm bigger a person than you and you can't get to me" mentality with his handshake remark. Good for him.

Let's be serious, women's football is fucking awful, and it was even worse in 2004. Blatter isn't going to sugar coat that. Playing up their feminine appeal would help them immensely. Like he said, volleyball does it.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:50 am

Good riddance
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:39 am

Keyser and Blatter taking a kicking here. Very embarrassing for both. Good to see Steve going toe-to-toe with one of the forum's top cunts and coming out on top.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:50 am

RR still stinging from the beatings I've given him this season Laughing
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:13 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scuba Steve wrote:Of course, you could subscribe to the theory that Blatter, the man who said gays shouldn't involve themselves in illegal sexual activities in Qatar, or said that there was no issue with racism in the game (and that those confronted with it should just shake the hands of the people racially abusing them), or that to garner more interest in the women's game, that they should wear tighter clothing, somehow mysteriously figured out he wasn't the right person to lead the reforms (of which, until last week, FIFA said didn't need to happen in the first place).
    That's Qatari law, FIFA and Blatter are in no position to make demands of the Qatari government and their laws.

Blatter obviously subscribes to a more serious version of racism than just petty name calling. And he was advocating a "I'm bigger a person than you and you can't get to me" mentality with his handshake remark. Good for him.

Let's be serious, women's football is fucking awful, and it was even worse in 2004. Blatter isn't going to sugar coat that. Playing up their feminine appeal would help them immensely. Like he said, volleyball does it.

You literally have no idea how FIFA and Blatter operate.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-18348012
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:20 am

I knew you'd bring that up. Beer is apart of the WC and is controlled more or less by FIFA, of course you have to have it. It's like having the world cup in a country that bans football.

Homosexuality is not apart of FIFA or the WC.

Edit: And I'm genuinely still waiting for the statement in which FIFA/Valcke denied they knew anything about the money and the letter.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:42 am

FIFA get an unbelievable amount of exemptions and changes made to laws at every World Cup. You are talking shit as per.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:46 am

Besides that one show me another example? I'm fairly sure any you do find are to benefit FIFA's commercial interest. Which is pretty much the entire point of the WC.

What benefit would FIFA get from allowing gays to legally fuck in private for a month?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:53 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Besides that one show me another example? I'm fairly sure any you do find are to benefit FIFA's commercial interest. Which is pretty much the entire point of the WC.

What benefit would FIFA get from allowing gays to legally fuck in private for a month?

The fact that they only act when it's in their own direct interest is exactly what people have a problem with you fucking dimwit.

You said that they are in no position to make demands of the Qatari government, that's not the case as illustrated by the fact that they make demands of all governments who host their tournament and all those government acquiesce.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:04 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:fucking dimwit.

You're trying too hard. Calm down.  

ResurrectionRooney wrote:The fact that they only act when it's in their own direct interest is exactly what people have a problem with you
    FIFA are not here to sort out the world's problem. The UK and US work very closely with dozens of countries that have similar laws and commit horrific atrocities. As do many major influential companies. And in both cases they only intervene when it affects their interests. Why should FIFA be held to a higher standard than these?

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You said that they are in no position to make demands of the Qatari government, that's not the case as illustrated by the fact that they make demands of all governments who host their tournament and all those government acquiesce.
    Ok, I'll be more clear. FIFA are in no position to make demands of the Qatari government to change laws that don't seriously affect FIFA running a WC as they ordinarily do.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:19 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:fucking dimwit.

You're trying too hard. Calm down.  

ResurrectionRooney wrote:The fact that they only act when it's in their own direct interest is exactly what people have a problem with you
    FIFA are not here to sort out the world's problem. The UK and US work very closely with dozens of countries that have similar laws and commit horrific atrocities. As do many major influential companies. And in both cases they only intervene when it affects their interests. Why should FIFA be held to a higher standard than these?

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You said that they are in no position to make demands of the Qatari government, that's not the case as illustrated by the fact that they make demands of all governments who host their tournament and all those government acquiesce.
    Ok, I'll be more clear. FIFA are in no position to make demands of the Qatari government to change laws that don't seriously affect FIFA running a WC as they ordinarily do.

FIFA is not a company, it is not a state, it is a non-profit organisation which is supposed to be against discrimination in all forms. Here is an excerpt from the FIFA website.

FIFA’s position on the issue of racism is unequivocal: racism or any form of discrimination simply have no place in football. FIFA is actively committed to fighting all kinds of discrimination within football and within society as a whole. This is clearly stated in article 3 of the FIFA Statutes:

Non-discrimination and stance against racism.
    Discrimination of any kind against a country, private person or group of people on account of ethnic origin, gender, language, religion, politics or any other reason is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion.

You said earlier that they can get rid of Brazil's beer ban because beer is a fundamental part of football, is non-discrimination a lesser crime than not having beer? If FIFA say that it is then that is further evidence they are an unethical organisation.

FIFA is in a position to make virtually any demand it likes of the Qatari government owing to the huge prestige and honour it has conferred on them and the Qataris are likely to obey it. If they choose not to it's perfectly valid to criticise them for it.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 am

I never said beer is apart of football. I said it's apart of the FIFA World Cup.

And again, states and companies have similar charters and stances to FIFA's and yet they deal with these countries all the time, more regularly and more closely than FIFA. Why should FIFA be held to a higher standard than them?

You're being disingenuous if you think FIFA has a bigger influence on Qatar than the UK, US, other western countries and super companies that operate there.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Qatar will obey anyone for their own interest. They will bend backwards for FIFA or any other interest groups. That goes for pretty much any country.

FIFA has changed laws in South Africa and Brazil. They'll have an easier time getting special privileges in Qatar.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:42 pm

What laws did they change in South Africa? That they made it tax free? That happens at every WC.

The beer law concerned FIFA World Cup games. Something FIFA has jurisdiction over. They didn't pass a law that affected beer consumption outside FIFA World Cup games. If FIFA want pressure Qatar into passing a law that allows homosexual activity within the stadiums during FIFA World Cup games then fine.

If Qatar will obey anyone how come no one has challenged them on a host of issues and had they change?
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:37 pm

A little disappointing about the resignations tbh. I was lookiing forward too seeing Sydney Leroux in tighter shorts.

A potential game-changer for womens footall. I think this is where all the money was going..its a shame.

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:21 am

http://uk.reuters.com/video/2015/06/03/south-africa-again-denies-world-cup-brib?videoId=364458675

Sense makes sense.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:51 am

Keyser Söze wrote:What laws did they change in South Africa? That they made it tax free? That happens at every WC.

The beer law concerned FIFA World Cup games. Something FIFA has jurisdiction over. They didn't pass a law that affected beer consumption outside FIFA World Cup games. If FIFA want pressure Qatar into passing a law that allows homosexual activity within the stadiums during FIFA World Cup games then fine.    

If Qatar will obey anyone how come no one has challenged them on a host of issues and had they change?

They set up special FIFA courts in South Africa which is above South African law. There's probably other things.

To answer your last question it's because nobody has challenged them enough into changing certain things about them. If for example, FIFA came out and said they will remove their rights as hosts if they don't change their labor conditions, I'm sure Qatar will change it.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:11 am

Keyser Söze wrote:I knew you'd bring that up. Beer is apart of the WC and is controlled more or less by FIFA, of course you have to have it. It's like having the world cup in a country that bans football.

Edit: And I'm genuinely still waiting for the statement in which FIFA/Valcke denied they knew anything about the money and the letter.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 14m14 minutes ago
    Jerome Valcke has denied being involved in the $10million transaction involving former vice president Jack Warner.

FIFA Arrests - Page 3 CGmDDrQUYAErdY6
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:22 am

FIFA never set that up, South Africa did. And as far as I'm aware there's nothing to suggest it was "above South African law". I'm know nothing about South African law but I've not read anything which proves these courts contradicted or superseded South African law. It simply fast tracked hearings to deal with the expected rise in crime during the event. If a crime it committed against a foreigner attending the WC it makes sense to speed up the case because that person will not be in the country for the ordinary required time. Makes perfect sense.

That doesn't answer my question. Why should FIFA be the only ones/1st ones to challenge Qatar? And were aren't discussing labour conditions, were are talking about Qatar's stance on gays.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:26 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:I knew you'd bring that up. Beer is apart of the WC and is controlled more or less by FIFA, of course you have to have it. It's like having the world cup in a country that bans football.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ  14m14 minutes ago
    Jerome Valcke has denied being involved in the $10million transaction involving former vice president Jack Warner.

FIFA Arrests - Page 3 CGmDDrQUYAErdY6

Fucking hell Scott  rofl This is 2 days after the letter was released, Valcke isn't now going to say he knew nothing about the letter/money. Steve has said that Valcke said they knew nothing about the deal, and then the letter was released and they backtracked and said they did. Which is a lie. FIFA's stance now, then and forever was that Valcke was not involved in the initiation, approval and implementation of the project. Never have they said that Valcke wasn't aware the deal was going on.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:04 am

Chuck Blazer singing like a canary, admitted he was involved in bribes for the 1998 and 2010 World Cups

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/sepp-blatter/11647665/Sepp-Blatter-FBI-investigation-live.html
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:27 am

You mean sang. Those are from 2013.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:57 am

Whenever he said it it makes complete cunts of all the people who have defended FIFA. Thankfully they are a small and mindless minority.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:12 am

Only, if like you, they weren't aware of the nature of these comments before today.

And I'm not defending FIFA as a whole. But you probably missed that since the only reason you're even engaging in this discussion is to call me a cunt because I've really gotten under your skin this season Laughing Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:26 am

Keyser's life rofl
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:59 am

Keyser Söze wrote:You mean sang. Those are from 2013.

Quotes are from 2013....but were unsealed today. Meaning like at most 50-60 people knew what exactly they contained before today.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:11 pm

So before now you had zero idea that Blazer admitted in 2013 that he and others took bribes in exchange for votes? rofl
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:36 am

You were one of the 15 people in the courtroom the day Blazer admitted to all this, and didn't manage to tell any of us for two years (well, didn't even tell us anyway, just waited til Blazer's documents were unsealed). 

That's impressive.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:55 am

So weren't aware of anything about Blazer despite this being extensively reported about towards the end of 2014?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/soccer-rat-ex-u-s-soccer-exec-chuck-blazer-fbi-informant-article-1.1995761

EDIT: And I'm still waiting for the quote in which Valcke/FIFA explicitly denied they knew anything at all about the money/letter.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:03 am

The article you just posted (which everyone over here read) is quite different than the claim you made before. We knew Blazer was working with the FBI (hint: thanks to the article) but the bribery claims that you said everyone knew about in 2013, were just unsealed YESTERDAY. Again, maybe 50 people in the world knew about the content of those unsealed documents yesterday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:40 am