Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
PrideOfTheMidlands
dena
Mal
Trent
ayvee1
Glen Miller
Alaba v2
The Zlatan
Uncle John from Jamaica
Yrael
ShakerMatty
crump
16 posters

Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30

crump
    crump

Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30 Empty Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30

Post by crump Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:51 am

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-english-fa-and-the-premier-league-cap-away-ticket-prices-in-the-premier-league-at-30
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30 Empty Re: Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 am

It will never happen but signed.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30 Empty Re: Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30

Post by Yrael Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 am

Yrael wrote:City have sent back 900 tickets for the Arsenal game saying they're too expensive. Personally I find that hilarious seeing as the only reason Arsenal charge such high prices is to keep up with oil rich clubs like City and Chelsea.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:10 am

I think £30 is quite low, £40 would probably be a more reasonable figure as that's just how football has gone these days. But Arsenal's £62 is fucking ridiculous, if a man wanted to take his two kids down for an away game as a treat it'd be £126 for their tickets, added to fuck knows how much more for the train and food and drink during the day. He could take them for a week in Spain for the same price!
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:23 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:I think £30 is quite low, £40 would probably be a more reasonable figure as that's just how football has gone these days. But Arsenal's £62 is fucking ridiculous, if a man wanted to take his two kids down for an away game as a treat it'd be £126 for their tickets, added to fuck knows how much more for the train and food and drink during the day. He could take them for a week in Spain for the same price!

No, it would be £124.
    Alaba v2
    Alaba v2

Supports : God

Post by Alaba v2 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:30 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:I think £30 is quite low, £40 would probably be a more reasonable figure as that's just how football has gone these days. But Arsenal's £62 is fucking ridiculous, if a man wanted to take his two kids down for an away game as a treat it'd be £126 for their tickets, added to fuck knows how much more for the train and food and drink during the day. He could take them for a week in Spain for the same price!

No, it would be £124.

Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30 78335
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 am

The Zlatan wrote:

No, it would be £124.
    Yeah, Big John, it would be 124. scratch What are you playing at? Are you deliberately trying to mislead us with your falsified numbers, or are you just incapable of performing basic multiplication?
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:51 am

62 for the adult and 32 each for the kids. £126.

Unless I have made a grave mistake and in fact the children's tickets are offered at real value for money at 31 quid not 32. I only checked one source and it said 32.

Either way I think the key point here is that's its a bit of a joke.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:56 am

Uncle John pulled that one out the bag.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:22 am

John just destroyed you.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 am

Yrael wrote:
    Yrael wrote:City have sent back 900 tickets for the Arsenal game saying they're too expensive. Personally I find that hilarious seeing as the only reason Arsenal charge such high prices is to keep up with oil rich clubs like City and Chelsea.

Oh, he already said it. lool
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:39 am

Does City charge as much as Arsenal?
    PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 am

city tickets are quite cheap, iirc
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am

£62 is disgusting.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:43 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:62 for the adult and 32 each for the kids. £126.

Unless I have made a grave mistake and in fact the children's tickets are offered at real value for money at 31 quid not 32. I only checked one source and it said 32.

Be more clearly with your wording next time.

Trent wrote:John just destroyed you.
    No, he was inherently misleading with his wording. You can't make ambiguous statements and then consider clarifications "beastings."
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 am

El Jefe wrote:£62 is disgusting.

Yep but Chelsea has been £52 since 2007 and £59 since 2011. Not a single peep from the media then. lool
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:51 am

Mal wrote:
    El Jefe wrote:£62 is disgusting.

Yep but Chelsea has been £52 since 2007 and £59 since 2011. Not a single peep from the media then. Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30 1735100789
    It probably has to do with the fact that the club runs a ridiculous transfer deficit to appease the fans.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 pm

What does Arsenal do with all their money?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:23 pm

white people get money, don't spend it
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Glen Damon wrote:
    Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:62 for the adult and 32 each for the kids. £126.

Be more clearly with your wording next time.

Be more clearly? You've got a problem with the way he worded his posts, but you went with "be more clearly"? Razz

Trent wrote:John just destroyed you.
    No, he was inherently misleading with his wording. You can't make ambiguous statements and then consider clarifications "beastings."

Nah, his point was very clearly made.

And his point was wrong, nonetheless. The market bears what the market bears. If Arsenal is selling out their tickets at those prices, good for them. If they're not, then it's on them to lower them. If taking your kids to Spain is cheaper (which I highly doubt, btw), then take 'em to Spain and let the Arsenal seats stay open. If everybody is going to Spain instead of the Emirates, Arsenal will adjust their prices.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 pm

dena wrote:What does Arsenal do with all their money?
    Pay off families of kids that Wenger molests? scratch
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 am

If they don't like it, don't go.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 am

Zibra wrote:white people get money, don't spend it

This made me lol so hard

Petition Cap Away Tickets in the Premier League at £30 5otkhx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:29 am