Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Pokemon X & Y

SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Pokemon X & Y Empty Pokemon X & Y

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Looks alright. I might buy a 3ds sometime this year to get this, but I haven't played a Pokemon game in so long that I'd probably have no Idea what is happening.
    JK
    JK

Supports : Arsenal

Pokemon X & Y Empty Re: Pokemon X & Y

Post by JK Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:23 am

You could buy Pokémon White/Black 2 when you get a Nintendo 3DS. It's pretty easy to get into again. Not much has changed, just another story, new items and new Pokémon.

There are many more possibilities, though. You can connect your Nintendo to your WiFi and trade and battle with players all over the world. Pokémon have natures, which have an effect on your Pokémon's stats. They have abilities, some which can benefit the Pokémon greatly. They have IVs, EVs. All kinds of methods to get shiny Pokémon, which are still rare unless you "cheat". There's this Dream World where you can get certain Pokémon with other abilities they wouldn't normally have and you can get Pokémon you can't catch in-game.

And yeah, there's still a lot more, but give it a week and you're back into it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:30 am

Looks interesting, but I won't be buying a 3DS just to play it. My vow to play a game from every generation will be broken.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 pm

B/W sucks.

I'm soooooooexcited for this Y/X Pokemon game.

Fuck yesssssssssssss.

WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE?!?!?
    JK
    JK

Post by JK Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:38 am

BW2 is better than BW. I played both. The game is still challenging after you've beaten the league in BW2, although I'm now working on my team of weak Pokémon (like Ledian etc) to challenge myself. It's rather satisfying when you beat a trainer with Pokémon you'd normally run from.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:43 am

I probably won't spend another $40 to play the 2nd version though. Lame starters kills me..as I tend to use them as main, and keep them throughout. Plus didn't enjoy the story or game.

I feel like the Y/X is coming at the perfect time. And really transitioning for players like me, who are a bit burnt out on the old style of Pokemon games. Need a bit more legitimacy. Solid growth in this one. Very excited.

I plan on doing my very best to be oblivious to the new Pokemon that are in this game. If I last 9 months it will be wild.

In October I just want to randomly walk in and buy a 3DS and Pokemon and play it like I did Pokemon Blue, new to everything but the starters.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:31 am

I kinda want it, but i'd have to buy a 3DS Dry Smile Hopefully they're cheaper when it's out.

Is it in a new place or what?
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 pm

yeah. a completely new game, story, area, everything.
    JK
    JK

Post by JK Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:36 am

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:
    I plan on doing my very best to be oblivious to the new Pokemon that are in this game. If I last 9 months it will be wild.

In October I just want to randomly walk in and buy a 3DS and Pokemon and play it like I did Pokemon Blue, new to everything but the starters.

Going to try this aswell. It's so much more fun if you're actually using all kinds of Pokémon, instead of just the strong ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 am