Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Jordan Henderchip
BigJ0526
Scuba Steve
dena
Trent
Drake
10 posters

QPR defender Ryan Nelsen named new manager of Toronto

Drake
    Drake

QPR defender Ryan Nelsen named new manager of Toronto Empty QPR defender Ryan Nelsen named new manager of Toronto

Post by Drake Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:07 am

QPR defender Ryan Nelsen has been appointed the new manager of Major League Soccer side Toronto FC.

The 35-year-old defender has been a key player for Rangers this season, making 21 appearances in all competitions since joining in June.

Nelsen's contract at Loftus Road expires on 30 June but he has requested talks with QPR boss Harry Redknapp to discuss when he will move to Canada.

QPR have confirmed he will be available for Saturday's game against Tottenham.

The MLS franchise want Nelsen in charge for their new season in March, but QPR could insist he stays with them until the end of the English season in May.

"I've had several conversations with Harry and [club owner] Tony Fernandes," the New Zealander said.

"They have been so understanding with my situation.

"They understand that when I play I am playing on glass knees and glass ankles. It is a bit of a struggle.

"They know I am at the end but they also know the predicament they are in. It is a major predicament.

"QPR would like me to keep playing but we have to sit down and talk. If we can get five straight wins, that'd be perfect.

"I think then we can shake hands and part company but we are just going to have to talk and see how things progress."

Nelsen, who represented his country at the 2010 World Cup, impressed during a four-year spell at MLS side DC United before a move to Blackburn in 2005.

He also had a short spell at Tottenham before moving to QPR.

When Nelsen moves may depend on Redknapp's success in the January transfer window as he seeks to strengthen his defence.

Further talks between the parties are expected in the coming days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20946699
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

QPR defender Ryan Nelsen named new manager of Toronto Empty Re: QPR defender Ryan Nelsen named new manager of Toronto

Post by Trent Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 am

Don't you mean "Kevin Nelsen"?

Dena Laughing
    dena
    dena

QPR defender Ryan Nelsen named new manager of Toronto Empty Re: QPR defender Ryan Nelsen named new manager of Toronto

Post by dena Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 am

Shut up. Dry Smile

This is a joke, TFC's front office doesn't even know when he is going to start because he is still under contract, fuck that shit.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 am

Kevin Payne is smarter than that. But this is a joke. Think Nelsen will be good for Toronto in the long run, despite the lack of his badges (think of Kreis and Olsen). But the fact that he is still a player in another club, country, continent makes this all a big joke for the time being.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:48 am

Where you been mang?
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:52 am

Been tickling the inside of my girl's stomach. Sorry, I'll get back to posting more.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 am

nasty
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Yeah. Ya boy steve is getting downright respectable with this chick.

Toronto is the biggest joke in North American sports in general. This is just another day for them
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:50 pm

not worthy
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Best player at QPR....should be player manager.

What a waste of talent. One of the best (if not THE best) defenders in the premier league..
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 am

El_indian wrote:Best player at QPR....should be player manager.

What a waste of talent. One of the best (if not THE best) defenders in the premier league..

"Location: New Zealand"

I can't take this comment seriously.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:06 am

Still kind of surprising that he is hanging up his boots now (or at the end of the season). It's tough to stay fit at that age, and maybe he wants to get out before he causes irreparable damage, but he his still capable at playing at a high level.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 am

El_indian wrote:Best player at QPR....should be player manager.

Poor troll.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:30 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Still kind of surprising that he is hanging up his boots now (or at the end of the season). It's tough to stay fit at that age, and maybe he wants to get out before he causes irreparable damage, but he his still capable at playing at a high level.

Maybe he just doesn't want to be part of a team that could get relegated
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am

Possible. Just seems like weird timing is all -- injuries can force you to retire during the middle of the season, but he isn't actively injured (to the point where he can't play), but it looks like he will stop playing once they find someone to replace him at QPR. I know he has a good relationship with the person that hired him at Toronto, so I'm sure that played into it as well, but the whole thing is just odd anyways.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:03 pm

This shit silly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:25 am